Chapter Twenty Three: Happy Birthday, My Love

I'm Yours

LAST CHAPTER ALERT!

Thank you guys so much for reading along with my story thus far! I was planning to have it a little longer, but I'm balancing a lot of things right now XD. I'll still be updating my next story, and I plan to make it longer than this one so look out for it! Thanks again. :) & even though this is the last chapter, I'm going to update a bonus chapter after this just because I love all my readers. <3

 

Eunkyung was extremely exhausted. She had been working since 10 am, and it was now close to 12.

“Mr. Jang, remember to take your morning pill when you wake up tomorrow.” Eunkyung reminded friendly to her last patient of the night.

“Ne, Miss Cha. I surely will.” The old man replied back to her. She’s so hard-working.  He said to himself as he watched her reorganize his medications on his bedside and walk over to fluff his pillow for him. A buzz sound was heard from Eunkyung’s pocket. He watched as she took it out and answered it.

“Yoboseyo? Junhyung-ah! Ne, I’m coming home soon. Ne, arasso. Saranghae.” Mr. Jang saw the smile that formed on her face when she answered the call. Ahh…she’s in love.

“Good night Mr. Jang! I’ll be going now.” Eunkyung smiled, as she walked over to the door.

“That boy you just talked to on the phone,” Mr. Jang suddenly said. Eunkyung froze and turned around.

“He’s a lucky one.” This caused Eunkyung to smile brightly.

 “Thank you Mr. Jang.”

“Goodnight.” With that, Eunkyung switched off the light of his room and closed the door after her lightly. Her night suddenly felt less tiring at Mr. Jang’s words. Although, it was reverse in her mind.

She considered herself the lucky one.

Eunkyung finally signed out of work, catching Minhee at Tae Hoon, her boyfriend and doctor of the hospital’s office.

“Eunkyung-ah it’s 12! Happy Birthday!” Eunkyung stared blankly at her before realizing it was her birthday. She had been so busy balancing her life, her job and her somewhat little fame ever since her relationship with Junhyung was announced. Balancing those three things made her forget that day she was born. Minhee engulfed her into a hug, followed by Tae Hoon. Minhee promised to hang out with her tomorrow before Eunkyung said her goodbye to the couple, finally walking out of the building and catching a taxi home.

Her tiredness was catching up with her as the taxi dropped her off in front of the apartment. Even though it was her birthday, all she wanted to do now was sleep. She was thankful she was off from work on her birthday. She nearly fell asleep in the elevator when it got to her floor. Dragging herself to her apartment door she entered her house code and opened the door, switching on the light on the side.

“SURPRISE!!!!!”

Eunkyung blinked.

In front of her was BEAST and their managers in her apartment. They were all yelling and screaming as she slowly walked into her apartment, lost for words. Her whole apartment was decorated with number 21’s and a happy birthday sign hung over her couch. She suddenly felt the tears pouring down her cheeks. In a matter of seconds, she was engulfed in the arms of BEAST, her hands covering her face. She couldn’t believe they did this for her.

“Happy Birthday Eunkyunggie!” They all yelled in unison, causing a laugh to ring from Eunkyung. She wiped her tears dry. The guys finally went off of her, except for Kikwang, who hugged her in his arms.

“Kumawo everyone.” Eunkyung smiled brightly, feeling her smile widen cheek to cheek. Yoseob went up to her and took her hand, kissing it lightly. Eunkyung blushed and turned frantically to see if Junhyung had seen, fearing for Yoseobbie’s life.

Then she noticed Junhyung wasn’t anywhere to be seen.

“Looking for Junhyung?” Hyeunseung smirked.

“Ne….where is he?”

“Oh, you’ll see.” Kikwang suddenly grinned. He suddenly ran to her bedroom door, opening the door wide, sticking his head in.

“Yah Junhyung-ah! Come out already, the birthday girl is here!” Eunkyung watched as Kikwang started to giggle. She soon found out why.

Out from her room, Junhyung emerged, his hand covering his mouth in embarrassment,

…in a brown bear suit.

Fits of laughter filled the room, causing Junhyung to blush harder as he waddled towards Eunkyung. Dongwoon and Doojoon looked like they were going to explode from laughing so hard while Hyeunseung and Yoseob wore smirks.

She suddenly had a flashback.

“Yah Kikwang, I had this crazy dream last night!” Eunkyung said as they walked home from school.

“Mwoh?”

“So I dreamt about this really cute guy in a bear suit! He was singing that one song that’s been playing on the radio recently, and then he kissed me! He gave me a ring too.” Kikwang stared weirdly at the bright Eunkyung.

“You’re so strange, it scares me.”

“Yah! At least I don’t dream about having like you do!” Eunkyung huffed walking faster than Kikwang on the sidewalk.

Eunkyung turned to Kikwang immediately, who smiled at her knowingly. He remembered that. She turned back to Junhyung who got down on his knees and began to sing.

I won’t hesitate

No more, no more

It cannot wait,

I’m yours.

The tears came pouring down again, as Junhyung sang to her, the rest of the room silent. All laughing had ceasesd as they watched the two of them. Her eyes never left Junhyung’s and her heart swelled in her chest. Finishing the song, he stood up and took his fur clad hands in hers and kissed her, just like in her dream. And while he kissed her, she felt a cold band slide onto her finger, causing her to look down and gasp.

“Cha Eunkyung, we’re still young right now. But I know that you’re the one for me. The only one for me. Let’s not rush anything. But for the sake of the near future, can you promise to be mine in advance?”

“He wore the bear suit for you Eunkyunggie! You have to say yes!” Kikwang called out, causing everyone to laugh. Eunkyung turned to Junhyung and grabbed his face in her hands.

“No need. I’ll always be.” And with that, she kissed his lips, his bear arms hugging her close. A string of awes and clapping filled the room.

“Happy Birthday, Eunkyung. I love you.” Junhyung whispered into her ear. Eunkyung looked over his shoulder and saw Kikwang. She couldn’t help but smile at him, mouthing thank you to him. Lee Kikwang truly was her most best friend. She blew Kikwang a flying kiss before replying to Junhyung. She lay her head against the fur of his shoulder, telling him she loved him over and over again. Junhyung pulled away slightly, doubt shining in his eyes.

“Are you sure you’re mine forever?”

 

“Yes, Junhyung. I’m yours. Forever.”