Chapter Four: My Savior

I'm Yours

It was almost 1 am when Eunkyung left work, and started to head home. Recently she had attained a job at a nearby small bar, where she worked as a waitress and sometimes a bartender when she was needed. Although she was finished with college with a degree in nursing, she wanted to wait a while before she started a hardcore job that would take a big part of her life. She graduated young at 20 and didn’t want to do anything she’d regret.

The only bad part of her current job was the uniform, which included a short black skirt with black stilettos. It was an absolute pain walking back to her apartment. She only reached the front of the elevator when her foot twisted the wrong way, causing her to stumble and land—

…not on the floor.

“You are one clumsy person.” A familiar voice chuckled. Eunkyung looked behind her at her savior, and met a pair of steel eyes.

Junhyung had caught Eunkyung right before she fell, his arm grabbing her by her waist. He helped her steady herself back on her feet, when she winced slightly. Junhyung looked down and saw the four inch heels she was wearing, seeing the cause of her fall.

“Thank you for that…Junhyung right?” Eunkyung smiled at him.

“Yep. You’re Eunkyung.” Eunkyung liked how he remembered her name. She noticed he was wearing a black wife beater and red gym shorts. He also had these funny looking black rimmed glasses on that strangely suited him.

“Were you working out?” Eunkyung asked. Junhyung found this girl very interesting. She really didn’t know who he was? That was a first. Girls like her would be jumping all over him asking for pictures and autographs. But not her…

“Yeah…something like that.” He replied just how he did that last time she had asked him a question. Truthfully, he had just come back from dance practice at the studio with BEAST. The rest of the guys were practicing over time, but Junhyung had decided to come home earlier. He wanted to get the last bowl of ramen they had in their pantry before Yoseob got his hands on it.

But ramen could wait.

Without warning and thought, Junhyung swiftly picked Eunkyung up bridal style, causing her to yelp in surprise.

“W-what are you doing?” she stuttered nervously.

“Taking you to our floor.” He replied simply, sliding into the vacant elevator and pressing the appropriate buttons. The elevator sprang to life and began to move up.

“Yah Junhyung-ssi, I think I’m capable of walking!” Eunkyung protested.

“Not in those heels, you aren’t.”

Junhyung couldn’t quite explain why he had decided to carry Eunkyung...especially in this semi-intimate way. It wasn't like him to be so forward and friendly with a girl. He barely knew her. Yet, he felt strangely comfortable with her. He was just being a gentleman. Plus, she was feather-light in his arms anyway. He caught a whiff of her body spray and started to feel a little lightheaded. She smelt like vanilla.

Eunkyung knew she was blushing the whole time. She seemed calm to Junhyung, but in her head she was screaming like a fan girl. The ride in the elevator was filled with comforting silence.

As the elevator opened to their floor, Junhyung stepped out, walking down the hall until he stopped in front of her door. It was there where he set her back on her feet gently.

“Thank you again Junhyung-ssi.”

“You don’t have to use honorifics with me. Just call me Junhyung.” He told her.

“Ah, okay.” She said.

This was it. If Eunkyung didn’t do something now, who knows how long she’d have to wait for another encounter with him again. Even if they only lived down the hall from each other, she rarely saw him.

“Ummm…do you want to stay and have something to drink?” Eunkyung asked, hopefully. Junhyung couldn’t possibly say no to those eyes that stared at him like that.

“Err…yeah, why not?”

-

Between cups of hot chocolate, they both talked for the next 2 hours, getting aquainted with each other. Both of them were surprised at how well they got along. Eunkyung told him about her parents moving to China and her moving by herself, and small talk things like how at her current job her boss keeps hitting on her. Despite his tough exterior, he was very easy to talk to.

Junhyung thought exactly the same thing towards Eunkyung. All he was really wondering was how long it would be until she realized he was an idol. 

2 hours turned into 3, and before they knew it, it was 4 in the morning, and Junhyung very much had a busy schedule in just 3 hours. The guys were probably wondering where he was.

Eunkyung followed him toward the door, and said goodbye, closing it after he went through.

Leaning against the door, she crossed her arms over her body and smiled softly, her conversations with Junhyung still in her head. She suddenly realized she hadn't talked to a guy that much ever since Kikwang. She remembered the way they used to talk about anything and everything.

She missed that.