Chapter Six: Reunited, and it feels so..weird?

I'm Yours

Eunkyung now sat in the living room of BEAST’s apartment with 4 pairs of eyes (excluding Junhyung & Kikwang) oogling at her. A fresh image of Kikwang’s abs had been engraved in her mind, something she was debating inwardly if it was a good thing or a bad thing. Eunkyung glanced at Junhyung, who sat next to her on the couch, with an eyebrow raised. She had just learned that he was a BEAST member, and all Junhyung could do was smile sheepishly at her.

"Surprise?" he said. Eunkyung narrowed her eyes at him.

 

"Definitely a surprise, Yong Junhyung."

 

Kikwang had rushed inside his room to change. He was freaking out in his mind, not knowing what to do or what to say to her.

She had grown so much more beautiful from the last time he saw her. How long had it been already? He was a horrible best friend. Was he even still considered her best friend?

It was true that it was his fault that their friendship had dwindled. He didn’t mean it intentionally…his schedule had been busier than he imagined, even in his trainee days. He could barely contact his own parents sometimes. He knew he should’ve tried harder.

But truthfully, even if he had kept his friendship with Eunkyung intact all these years, it would’ve been hard for him, for both of them. He would have the pain of staying by her side as only her friend, and watch her fall in love with someone that wasn’t him.

He was too cowardly back then to tell her how he felt, using his trainee leave as an excuse to chicken out.

He was too cowardly to tell her that he loved her.

It was one thing to like someone, but he knew from the first time he saw Eunkyung, that she was special. He knew he had to keep this bit of information to himself for now. He had just reunited with her, and didn't want her to run away.

He had felt so overjoyed that night when they shared their first kiss. Kikwang was surprised at his sudden impulse to kiss her, but was even more surprised to feel her kiss him back. Their title had always been ‘best friends’ and nothing more. But after their kiss, what were they now?

After taking a deep breath, Kikwang left his room and stepped into the living room.

Everyone's eyes averted from Eunkyung to him.

“Yah Kikwang! Learn to open the door fully clothed next time! I think you scarred your friend here.” Doojoon scolded him.

“It’s not the first time she’s seen them, right Eunkyunggie?” Kikwang smirked, faking confidence in front of s.

“Yah Lee Kikwang, don’t you get cocky right now.” Eunkyung said with a death glare.

 She didn’t know how Kikwang could be like this with her when there was an obvious FOUR YEAR GAP between them. Did he really think they could just pick off their friendship from where it left off? Kikwang pouted at her, and suddenly Eunkyung felt like it was possible.

“Aww come on Kyunggie, I’ve missed you. Don’t be like that.” He made the aegyo face that he always used to do with her when she got pissed at him.

She finally groaned in defeat.

“Alright, fine! Stop doing that, and we’ll be best friends again!”

Kikwang grinned. She had always been a weakling for his aegyo. Kikwang pulled her up from the couch and slid his arm around her shoulders, causing her to flinch.

“Everyone, let me introduce you formally to my former and renewed best friend, Cha Eunkyung! We were really close back in high school.”

A stream of ‘annyeonghaseyos’ followed from the guys.

“Jeez bro, how could you lose touch with a hot best friend like her?” Hyunseung shook his head, the rest of the members agreeing, causing Eunkyung to blush slightly.

And suddenly, just like that, Eunkyung had gained her best friend back. Was it really that simple? She scolded herself for being this weak for him. So many things were happening, and they were happening fast. She had moved in alone, met Junhyung, whom she started to have interest in, reunited with her best friend/first love/WHATEVER he was, and now met BEAST, one of the most popular groups in the country. all in one, fun and exciting month.

What she didn't know was things were about to get even more interesting as Junhyung stared at Kikwang's arm around Eunkyung's shoulders,

 

 

envy clear in his steel eyes.

-

First off, Happy New Years Eve! I'm really surprised at how many subscribers and viewers I have, since I'm just starting. Thanks for all the love!

I just wanted to ask if you guys if you would want in later chapters? ;P I'm thinking of putting it as the story further progresses. But it's all up to you! Also, I'd like to know your opinions on who you think Eunkyunggie should end up with in the end. I have my own ideas, since I'm still in the progress of writing the story, but maybe hearing some of your inputs will inspire me hahahaha. Thanks again, and much love <3