Chapter Seventeen: That Should Be Me

I'm Yours

Eunkyung woke up to the feeling of the sun on her face. She stirred slowly, sitting up only to feel a rush of cool air hit her bare skin. She then realized she was underneath the bedsheets and pulled them to cover her body. Looking to her side, she saw Junhyung sleeping soundly. Careful not to wake him up, she leaned down and kissed his forehead softly before getting up off the bed--

only to be pulled right back into the chest of Junhyung.

"and where do you think you're going?"

"I'm hungry~" Eunkyung whined, yet the feeling of Junhyung's arms around her waist and their skin touching was starting to get her in the mood again. Where had the control of her hormones gone? As Junhyung's hand gently massaged her side, she decided she had to get up or they were going to be in bed until the afternoon. He finally loosened his hold on her waist, watching as Eunkyung took the thin bedsheet and wrapped it around herself. He smiled and he watched her shuffle out of the room into the kitchen.

Last night's events started playing in her head, causing her to smile. Junhyung and her had been like bunnies lately, their hands all over each other everytime they were alone. Last week, she remembered being attacked by him in the elevator when she got home from work, barely giving her at least a warning. There had been cameras in that elevator too. She chuckled to herself at his constant eagerness. It seemed that her and Junhyung were closer than ever. As she thought about it, he would be always tied to her now since Junhyung was her first "boyfriend" and her very first time. Junhyung was the first guy she'd ever been so serious with.Eunkyung took the toasted bagel and placed it in between her teeth when the doorbell rang.

She shuffled towards the door, hugging the sheet closer to her chest as she opened it slightly. Her eyes widened.

 

"K-Kikwang?"


"Ne...Eunkyung-ah...why aren't you opening the door?" Kikwang asked confused.She peaked through the small crack she opened and saw he was dressed to go out, wearing a plain pink collared shirt, jeans, and a pair of Nike's. He was probably here to get Junhyung. Eunkyung suddenly panicked. She knew she should've just pulled on some clothes. She didn't know why, but she didn't want Kikwang to see her in only a bedsheet...

especially with Junhyung here.

"Umm..H-hold on a minute I'll be right--" an arm from behind her suddenly pulled the door open, revealing her draped in just a bedsheet to a wide eyed Kikwang. Junhyung stood beside her only wearing a pair of gym shorts. Kikwang's eyes darted between Eunkyung and Junhyung, suspecting the very worst. So they were sleeping together now? Eunkyung suddenly felt very awkward as Kikwang stared emotionless in front of them. A few moments passed, and finally Kikwang cleared his throat, his eyes averting to the floor.

"Doojoon hyung wanted me to get you...our schedule will be starting soon." Kikwang said bluntly to Junhyung. Junhyung nodded curtly, as if to dismiss him. Eunkyung met Kikwang's gaze and her heart sank silently as she saw the sadness reflecting in his eyes. He walked back to BEAST's apartment without another word.

 

Kikwang felt like his heart was crushing in his chest as he walked back to the apartment. It was true that he had given up on Eunkyung, not wanting to get in the way of her and Junhyung. But now knowing the fact that Junhyung and her were really serious, made him feel sick to his stomach.

That should've been him. It should be him kissing her, It should be him holding her in his arms,  it should be him making her laugh, and it should be him making love with her. An emotion he identified as jealously rushed through his veins. It's been a year already and he's still loved her all the same. He wondered when the ache in his heart would disappear..


Would it ever go away?