Chapter Nineteen: Sometimes When You Love Someone...

I'm Yours

Hey guys! :)
Just to let you know, i finished the story! keke...its not too far away til the end BUT since Eunkyung can't end up with both of them (although that would totally satisfy everybody haha) the one she doesn't end up with is going to be in the Sequel I'm planning! :D I'm going to post the foreword for it probably tonight or tomorrow, but you won't know who the main guy is until this story is finished.

Hope you guys are enjoying the story! I know it's very complicated at that moment, but hey, love is complicated. ;P

 

"Kamsahabnida! Sooo BEAST!" the crowd cheered wildly as BEAST bowed in unison and headed to the right, exiting off the stage in a single file. The boys had just got done with a guest appearance they did for a reality show. Fortunately, this was the last event of their schedule, giving the rest of the night for them to use as they pleased. Most of the members wanted to sleep, agreeing to skip going out somewhere and just go home.

In the car, they all knocked out immediately. The only two that didn't fall asleep were Kikwang and Junhyung. Junhyung sat in the second row, while Kikwang sat in the back row. The two never talked much anymore, only talking when they had to because of their strained relationship. It had become especially strained when Kikwang found out they were already sleeping together. He had to fight extreme urges to punch the living out of Junhyung. Somehow, he didn't though. He knew beating up Junhyung would only make Eunkyung unhappy. Honestly, both boys felt guilty about their relationship and wanted desperately to fix it. They were brothers at the end of the day, no doubt.

But fixing it meant one had to lose the girl they both loved.

Kikwang knew Junhyung had faught with Eunkyung last night. He had overheard Junhyung tell Doojoon hyung. He had a feeling he had something to do with the argument. Half of him was sad that he was making Eunkyung unhappy, but the other side was joyous at the fact that the two were fighting. Kikwang scolded himself. He shouldn't be thinking this way.

 

The van finally pulled up to their apartment and the boys dragged themselves to their floor. As Kikwang was about to go into the building, he spotted something at the corner of his eye. He waited until the rest of the members went inside, before walking towards the lonely bench a few yards away, where Eunkyung sat alone. He had on a beanie and a scarf to cover his face from  any lurking papparazi. It was very chilly out and Eunkyung being her babo self only wore a thin cardigan. Kikwang slowly walked over to the bench, shrugging off his jacket on his way. He walked up behind the bench and lay the blanket over her body, startling her.

"What are you doing out here?" Kikwang immediately asked, situating himself next to her on the bench. Eunkyung smiled, clutching the jacket around her for warmth.

"Just thinking." she simply replied. Silence ensued between them. A comfortable silence. Kikwang suddenly broke the silence with a question.

"Eunkyung-ah, remember that one time at the park back home...on the same bench like this?" Eunkyung thought about it and she remembered.

"Ne...we used to sit there a lot during winter nights." Kikwang smiled. She had great memory.

"Do you remember what I told you that night?"

"....Ehh..." Kikwang chuckled as Eunkyung smiled sheepishly. Her memory had limits, he concluded. He exhaled loudly, his breathe visible because of the cold.

"It was that night my parent's separated...beginning of junior year remember? I can't believe I cried so much that night." Kikwang laughed at the memory of him and Eunkyung on that chilly night at that park bench. He had cried on her shoulder for hours, but Eunkyung remained by his side there until he finished. That was one of the major points in their friendship that brought them closer than before.

"Remember what you told me Eunkyunggie?" he asked softly. Eunkyung liked how he was calling her by her nickname again. She thought hard and finally remembered.

"I told you that..things happen for a reason. That after a storm, there's always sunshine." Eunkyung stated.

"You were my sunshine Eunkyung."

She turned to look at him with wide eyes, but he continued to stare in front of him, a smile on his face. "As corny as that sounds. Because of you, I was able to look past the bad side of having my parents divorce.You were there for me always." Eunkyung felt her eyes watering up as she listened to him talk about their past. They had so many great memories together.

"When I found out about you and Junhyung, it wasn't just jealousy. I was afraid. I was afraid that I would lose the girl that helped me through everything. That was when I regretted letting you go four years ago the most. It was my fault."

Kikwang exhaled loudly, as he couldn't believe what he was about to say next.

"Eunkyung...there was one more thing you said that night about my parents that I still remember...and I think it fits well in our situation now." Kikwang smiled, turning his head to look at her.

"What was it?"

Kikwang kept his gaze on her and reached for her hand, clasping it in his own. He wanted to feel how it felt to hold it...it would be the very last time he would hold it in such an endearing way. Truthfully, he had been thinking about this for a long while...all the things they've been through. All the things that had happened these past two years. Sitting here with Eunkyung made him realize that it was time to do the right thing. It would be good for her...and hopefully for himself as well. He was tired of the tension between him and Junhyung. Most of all, he was tired of him and Eunkyung's friendship fading away before his eyes. If he couldn't love her the way he wished he could, he would love her as a best friend. Anything to keep her by his side.

 

Moreover, he was going to do this because he loved her.

 

Without hesitation, he looked at his first love, and spoke the very words she had told him years ago, refusing to let any tears fall from his eyes. He would be strong for the both of them.

 

 

 

"Sometimes, when you love someone..you have to let them go."