Chapter Fourteen: Amongst The Thunder

I'm Yours

Eunkyung yelped, almost dropping the empty plate she was bringing to the sink. A thrash of thunder had startled her. It was pouring harshly that night, the rain pattering loudly against her window.

She had not had any contact with Junhyung or any of the guys for a week and a half, busying herself with things. She needed time to sort out her thoughts and definitely her feelings. Who had she been trying to kid these past few months? How did she avoid the intense tension between her and Kikwang that was obviously, plain as day there?

There was no denying it now.

She knew her feelings with Kikwang had resurfaced a little since she reunited with him but now it was more than just a little. She should’ve known better than to let him back in her life so easily. Eunkyung had brought it upon herself, and she knew it.

What made her feel worse was that she couldn’t explain her intentions with Junhyung. Had she been using him to distract her from Kikwang? No. She really liked Junhyung. He had become very important to her, and she didn’t want to let him go. Besides Kikwang, he was the only one that understood her as well as Kikwang did. She knew something good would happen if she stayed with Junhyung.

She cried softly in frustration. Why was it that Kikwang wouldn’t leave her head then? It was driving her insane. He had his chance already...4 years ago. He lost it already.

But Eunkyung knew that deep inside, his chance was still alive, no matter how much she tried to deny it. Kikwang had been her first love, and your first love always has his mark somewhere on your heart.

Suddenly, she heard an urgent knock on her door, and somehow she had a feeling who it would be.

 

"Kikwang, what are you doing here?" Eunkyung asked with wide eyes. He was soaking wet, standing outside her apartment door with the fiercest look in his eyes.

"You can't be with Junhyung." was all he said.

Kikwang’s mind flashed at the picture he saw in Junhyung’s phone, and his heart burned. Kikwang actually had suspected Junhyung and Eunkyung in the back of his head, but always shrugged it off. He thought it had just been his imagination. He thought he was just being paranoid when he caught Junhyung staring at her sometimes. But he was wrong. He should’ve trusted his instincts.

He wouldn’t lose her though. Not again.

 Eunkyung's eyes widened. How did he know..? That didn't matter anymore. Her eyebrow's furrowed in annoyance.

"I can be with who I want to be." she replied coldly. She didn’t know what to feel about Kikwang anymore, her words coming out icy unintentionally. A crash of thunder sounded loudly, ringing in their ears.

"So it's true then?" Kikwang laughed mockingly. "You would get with one of my group mates. Some best friend you are Eunkyung." Kikwang’s usual happy personality was non-existent as he stood before her. It was replaced with something that looked like passion to Eunkyung. Kikwang felt a pang of guilt rush through him. It was his fault for letting her go the first time. But he couldn't stand the thought of her being with someone else..especially with someone who was like a brother to him.

 Eunkyung's eyes flashed with sudden anger.

"Don't you ing start with me! What kind of 'best friend' are you?! You’re the one that never called me, you stopped all contact me for almost 4 years, and now you’re reprimanding me because I like one of your friends? What's it to you anyways? Me being with Junhyung doesn't affect you--"

 Her rant was cut short as Kikwang's lips crashed onto hers in a frenzied kiss...one that Eunkyung didn't refuse. Throwing her sanity out the window, she kissed him back with the same amount of force, cupping his damp face in her small hands. Eunkyung was done resisting what she knew deep down she wanted.

'Mianhe, Junhyung.' both Kikwang and Eunkyung thought as they began to lose themselves in each other's lips. Yet another crash of thunder sounded, yet both were oblivious. Eunkyung's clothes dampened at the contact of Kikwang's drenched clothes, but neither cared. All she wanted to feel was his lips on hers.

After a few moments, she gained control of her senses. What the hell am I doing? she shoved Kikwang away, immediately missing the feeling of his lips. She had felt the same way when they had first kissed. Kikwang wiped his lips gently with his back palm and stared at her with confused eyes.

"Kikwang...we can't do this."

"Eunkyung--"

"I can't do this to Junhyung. We can't do this to him." So it was about him. Had Junhyung really become that important to her all of a sudden. Kikwang suddenly wondered how long they've been together without his knowledge. He changed his mind. He didn't want to know at all. The very thought of it made him want to punch something.

"Then, what the hell did we just do Eunkyung?"

"I don't know okay?! I don't know...I'm ing confused about everything!" she cried out.

"Yes you do! Why can't you just stop denying it?"

She didn't know what to say. He sighed. This was it. He took her hand in his, her eyes looking up at him.

"Eunkyung, I'm tired of keeping my feelings to myself. I've wanted to tell you this since the day I met you."

"Kikwa--"

"Saranghae."