Chapter Eleven: Beautiful Companionship

I'm Yours

BEAST successfully finished their promotions and as a celebration, decided to take a late night trip to the beach. Their managers allowed for Eunkyung to tag along since it was late at night, and the chance of fans seeing them would be very unlikely.

The moon was out, and the weather was only slightly chilly. That didn’t prevent the boys from playing around just at the shoreline, splashing each other silly. Eunkyung sat on a big towel spread on the sand, chatting friendlily with one of the female managers about her acquaintance with Kikwang.

“He always makes fun of you when you’re not around.” She told Eunkyung, giggling. Eunkyung rolled her eyes and chuckled at the same time.

“That doesn’t surprise me at all.”

Before she could stop him, Kikwang rushed towards her, sand flying everywhere.

“Yah Lee Kikwang, you get sand in my eyes or hair and you’re dead!”

Instead, he lifted Eunkyung in his wet arms and rushed back to the shore, ignoring her shrieks and thrashing legs.

“YAH!”

Eunkyung squealed as Kikwang threw her into the water, the chilly water hitting her skin. Resurfacing, Eunkyung wiped her face of the access water, the guys’ laughs ringing in her ears.

“Lee Kikwang, I’m gonna get your pretty boy !”

 Eunkyung instantly ran, chasing a cackling Kikwang around the shore. She didn’t remember the last time she had run so much, but she was definitely way out of shape compared to these boys, who worked out like crazy. She finally gave up after a couple minutes, panting harshly. Kikwang walked over to her and grinned, pulling her into a hug, lifting her off her feet. Eunkyung could feel Junhyung's stare on her and Kikwang and felt uncomfortable.

When Kikwang put her down, he grabbed her hand and ran down the beach.

“Don’t go too far you two!” a manager called out.

Junhyung and the rest of the guys decided to rest on the big towel.

“You are so obvious sometimes.” Yoseob smirked as they all settled down. Junhyung looked over at him.

“Are you talking to me?”

“Who else could he possibly be talking about?” It was Hyunseung who piped up, also wearing a grin. “It doesn’t take a genius to see that you like Eunkyung.” Junhyung stiffened up.

“What? You thought we didn’t know you sneaked out almost every night after our schedules?” Doojoon said next. “We aren’t your closest friends for nothing, Junhyung.”

“It’s just Kikwang who doesn’t know. That babo.” Dongwoon sighed. “He’s oblivious.”

Junhyung felt relieved that Kikwang didn’t know, but at the same was very guilt stricken. Kikwang was like a brother to him, like the rest of the guys. He knew Kikwang still had feelings for Eunkyung, and keeping it a secret from him that he and Eunkyung were something felt like he was betraying him. Junhyung fell onto his back and sighed, looking up at the sky.

“You have to tell Kikwang sooner or later. He may be a babo, but he’s not that stupid.” Doojoon said. The guys murmured in agreement. The last thing all of them wanted was to have members having sore feelings against each other. They were too much of a family. Junhyung knew he was right. But what if telling Kikwang would make him lose Eunkyung?

Down the beach, Kikwang and Eunkyung sat together in the sand, watching the shore move in and out. Kikwang just wanted some time alone with her. Eunkyung shivered slightly, her damp skin contacting the chilly air.

“Kikwang, you better hope I don’t get sick.” Eunkyung grumbled. Kikwang smiled. She looked so cute shivering like that. He wound his arm around her, and she soon her shivers began to cease. At first, she felt stiff in his arms. But eventually, she decided to let him hold her, just as friends, and began to relax. Eunkyung lay her head on the side of his arm.

They just sat there together, basking in each other’s companionship not uttering a word. Eunkyung realized that her friendship with Kikwang was something beautiful, since they were still able to sit in such silence and feel at ease…despite a few things in their relationship that both of them were highly confused about. It seemed time only affected their relationship minimally.

Both of them were grateful for that.