Chapter 7

You And I [COMPLETED]
Time- 7:58PM
---

Yeah! Today is the recording day! Woohoo! So excited! I woke up early, went to school. Bong Soon said I looked exceptionally happy today and I just said Mrs Park accepted my work and plus, everything went well. I sometimes feel kind of sorry as I can't even tell her more about my work even though she is my best friend and I trust her. School ended like a blink of an eye. Without me knowing.

I went to KBS recording studio, not forgetting my make-up. This is the first time I actually had the mood to look at myself in the mirror and touch-up for so many times, putting more powder on my face each time. And when it looked thick, I washed it off and redo again. When everything is okay, I left the toilet. This is the don't-know-how-many visit I have made to the toilet. I think I had made friends with the mirror in the ladies already. Haha. Sorry, this is what happens to me when I'm excited. I went back to the recording studio. Seung Hyun is still not here. The composers have already explained the details of the song but still Seung Hyun is not here. So in order to save time, the composer suggested that I begin with the other which Seung Hyun does not have a part in. I took the lyrics and went into the room. It's a sad song, expressing how lonely and depressed the person is, desperated for love and warmth.

"The tears that signifies sadness, the tears that reminds me of you~" I was so into the song that I had tears in my eyes.

This is when Seung Hyun enteres. I couldn't hear what he said as the music is on but he seemed to be apologising, bowing to the composer and then turned to me and bowed. I bowed back a little, not letting my mouth leave the recorder too far as I was still singing. He sat down on the couch, facing me. No, he is literally looking at me as I sing.

"Let's record the part 'The tears that signifies sadness, the tears that reminds me of you' again. The earlier part is fine so just this part will do. The tone should be like you are about to pour out your tears."

I sang again, but the composer is still not satisfied.

"No no. That's not it. Your voice must be desperated. As if you have surpressed the emotions for a long time and this is the chance you are going to cry in all out."

I took a deep breath. I understand what the composer meant. I peeked at Seung Hyun, who is still looking at me. I nearly got into his deep eyes when I quickly turned to look at the recorder. "Okay, I will do it well this time."

As I sang, I saw Seung Hyun looking at me more attentively. Distracted, I couldn't reached the pitch, ending up cracking my voice a little.

"Yi Jung ah, listen." The composer demostrated once. "You have to take a deep breath and produce the crying tone. Like when a person is heartbroken and is crying till he got breathless and needed to take in deep breaths. Try to get the feel."

I closed my eyes, determined to get it done this time. "Okay."

The music came and sang with my eyes closed, ignoring Seung Hyun presence for once. Thinking of all the hard times I had, handling with the bashing of anti-fans, getting looked down on. I suddenly felt the urge to cry. Upon finishing the line, a tear escaped from the corner of my eye.

"Good! You may come out now."

I removed the headphone and went out. Seung Hyun stood up from his seat and bowed to me again.

"Hello." His husky voice was heard now.

"Hello." I returned the bow as I replied shyly, embarassed that he saw my embarassing recording process. I have not get to know him and he knows all this already.

The composer then repeated the same details he explained earlier on to me and Seung Hyun. I have to rap a small part with him, which most likely would cause more embarassement. I seriously can't rap! It's a lively song, about a couple's feelings to each other. I would start first, then Seung Hyun. Both of us for the chorus then Seung Hyun's solo rap and I will just have to rap 'Yes playboy, I love you and I want you. The brat infront of me is all I wanted in this world, you're my love.' and we will end with the chorus. Although the rap seem to be short, but it's my first time! To make thing worse, Seung Hyun is here. I should have requested to record my rap part before Seung Hyun got here. Why would I record my other song first? Damn!

We went in. The first time part went smoothly, only till the chorus, there isn't much emotions. So we did that part for quite some time. Seung Hyun sings well, I don't understand why he only gets to rap. His singing may even be better than mine. His voice is very smooth and had a 'peaceful' feeling in it. Then he rapped, I looked at him, trying not to scream and clammed my lips to stop myself from smiling to widely and of cause sillyly. When it is my part, I rapped 'Yes playboy, I love you and I want-' when the music stops.

"You stared at Seung Hyun-ssi throughout his part and you have not learnt anything?" GOD!!! WHY MUST HE SAY THIS!

"No! I wasn't staring!" I could feel myself blushed. I don't even dared to look at Seung Hyun. "Oppa, could you demostrate once?" I asked the composer.

He rapped once and I still can't catch the rhythme. I tried rapping it again but still in vain.

Seung Hyun suddenly rapped my part. "Pronounce them clearly." This is the hint he gave me.

"Yes. I said and the music was back and I tried again."

"This is not the way to rap." The composer said. "One more time." And he played the music.

Still failed. I just can't get it.

"Here's the beating." He clapped a few times to let me realised the correct beating. He then rapped my part again as he continued clapping. "This is how it works."

I was too ashamed to even care about the fact that he was actually teaching me. I followed his instructions and rapped before saying "Okay oppa, I'm ready." to the composer and the music came and I rapped. I personally felt that it's great, but the music stopped again.

"Yi Jung ah, if you can't understand my teachings, it's fine. But it's Korea's best rapper beside you, teaching you." He's irritated. I looked down as I received his 'scoldings', feeling ashamed and useless.

"Yi Jung-ssi." Seung Hyun called me and I turned to him. It's not that difficult. One more time." He demostrated and taught me again, more detailed this time. After rapping to him to him a few times and him correcting my mistakes, he smiled to me and said "Okay."

"Hyung-nim. We're ready."

I rapped, lowering my voice, making it deeper and trying to sound like I'm a cool, hip-hop person. And yes, I'm done with this torturing rap.

"Good. We will stop here today. Let's continue the chorus tomorrow."

I have 'We Got Married' shooting today. Sometimes I feel weird. Despite the number of anti-fans I get, I'm still able to survive in this circle. I started 'We Got Married' last year, after a few months I came back from Taiwan. My fake husband is Jung Jin Woon. He's a ballad singer just like me, the only difference is that he is from a boy group but I'm not.

We walked out of the room, bidding farewell to the composer and left.

"Thank you for teaching me just now." I thanked, knowing that I have not thanked him.

"Nope. You learned fast."

I blushed, again. I looked down as I smiled to myself. "Thank you." I said shyly.

Silence...

"You sang well. The one with the crying tone."

"You sang well too. You have a better voice than me." He just smiled.

"It's true! I was a bit shocked although I heard you sing before."

"But still, you sang better." He praised me again.

"Thank you." I swear I'm gonna faint when he praises me again.

Silence...

"You're going back yourself?" I asked, realising the absence of his manager.

"He's waiting downstairs I think. How about you?"

"I'm going off alone. She has something to settle."

"Oh."

We reached the lift and waited for the lift to reach our level.

"Do you know I'm a fan of you?" I asked, trying to break the silence but this is the only thing I could think of so I just blurted it out.

"Yes. I get to know it when I was watching one of the programmes."

"Oh."

"Do you know that Ji Yong is a fan of you?" He asked, looking at me.

"Huh? No, I have no idea about that." I thought heard wrongly.

"That boy keeps talking about you."

"But I don't sing that well for him to like me." I couldn't believe it but can't help but feel happy.

"Rather than your singing, he admires your personalities. Your bravery and passion are something he would mention to encourage me and the other members when we faced difficulties. You came all the way here from Singapore, didn't you?"

"Oh. Really?" I don't know whether to be happy or disappointed. Yes, I'm proud of myself, my personalities. But I still hope that people appreciates my singing as well.

"Yup."

When we reached the ground floor, we bid farewell and parted ways. I hailed a taxi to bring me to the shooting set.
---
There! The chapter that I have been waiting for! The characters are slowly becoming closer! WooHoo!

To: ChristineJL, Yeah! I'm jealous as I wrote! I think I will just get more and more jealous as the story progressed. I'm still thinking of what will happen during the filming. Hehe!

Schedulex2(C)
130710
Time- 10:19PM