Bonus! The playboy next door. Episode 9

You And I [COMPLETED]

Time- 8:24PM
---
Walking weakly on the pavement, Yi Jung's tears had stopped, her face weary and she looked like her soul had left her body. Following a few metres behind her, Seung Hyun stared at her back quietly. He heard her cry just now, he saw her broke down just now. To him, she had always been a strong and arrogant girl. Withnessing the weak side of her, he felt sorry for her state and his heart ached for no exact reason. Yi Jung doesn't know where she was going to and Seung Hyun was just following her. She felt dizzy, not sure was it because of the incident earlier on. Her head unconsciously bowed slightly and she started to breathe harder. Her legs turned weak and she dropped to the ground. Seeing this, Seung Hyun took a bigger step forward and subsequently, he began to run towards her.

"Yah..." He squatted down beside her and held her shoulders to give her support. Her eyes rolled back as she tried to blink them, stopping her head from spinning. Seung Hyun looked at her worriedly. When she finally couldn't take it, her eyes closed and her whole body relaxed, limping against his body, in his arms.

=====

Seung Hyun was in Yi Jung's room as the family doctor tended to her.

"She has overworked herself and suffered from a great shock. After resting for a few days, she will be fine." Seung Hyun nodded and the doctor left.

"All of you, leave." He said, slightly turned his head over his shoulder to the maids. The maids bowed before leaving. He turned back and stared down at her, watching her tired face as the feelings started to churn in his stomach again. Foreign feelings. He sighed and went tot her desk, looking around. He picked up a book lying on the table top. He browsed through and ended up reading it.

=====

Even in her sleep, Yi Jung couldn't get rid of the scary incident. Her breathings got quicker and heavier and started to pant a little. Her head started to move to and fro. Sensing movements, Seung Hyun looked up from book to her. He got up from the chair and went to the bed side. Seeing her eyebrows furrowed, he doesn't know what to do other than to just wait for her to wake up. Like someone was haunting and chasing her in the nightmares, she finally opened her eyes, squinting them. A tear rolled down and she didn't even bother to wipe it.

"Awake?" Seung Hyun asked, staring down at her. She exhaled through , glancing around to check where she was. She then looked up at Seung Hyun after realising she was back in her room. Weakly, she supported herself with her elbows and sat up. Seung Hyun gave her a hand and that was when saw a needle stuck in her skin. Her eyes widened slightly as she looked to her side and saw the drip. Without hesitating, she grabbed the needle and plucked it off the back of her hand.

"What are you doing?" Seung Hyun asked, taken aback by her action as he stared at her threw the needle attached to the tube to the floor.

"That thing is poked in me all the while?" She asked in horror.

"It was. You fainted." He answered, matter-of-a-fact. She was about to reply when she decided to just leave it. She rolled her eyes and looked away.

"Why did you pull it off? The doctor had left." He said, getting slightly pissed at her as he doesn't know how to poke the needle back to her hand.

"I don't want those things in me." She said plainly. Her tears were still threatening to pour. She sniffled and looked away as she started to sob again, unable to hold in the sorrow she was facing. He watched her, surprised at her sudden change.

"What's wrong?" His voice soft. She ignored, just covered as the other hand grabbed on the bedsheet tightly. His chest tightened and he went before her unknowingly. He reached for her, pulling her to him, allowing her to cry hard on his stomach.

===

Seung Hyun came out from the library and saw a maid holding a tray with a bowl of porridge and a glass of water on it. He stared at her. The maid bowed.

"I'm bringing dinner to lady."

"Put it inside and leave." The maid bowed and walked off. Watching the maid set the tray on the side table while standing by the door, he entered when the maid bowed again and left. He was about to wake Yi Jung up when her phone suddenly rang. Eyes shooting to the the phone on the desk, Seung Hyun picked it up and saw the caller ID. 'My Number One' was shown on the screen. Not wanting to disturb her, he answered the call.

"Isn't this Yi Jung-ssi handphone?" The other line asked when Seung Hyun answered it.

"It is. Who are you?" Seung Hyun uttered, glancing at the sleeping Yi Jung.

"I should be asking that. Who is this?"

"You wouldn't know even if I tell you." Seung Hyun shot back.

"Please put Yi Jung-ssi on the line."

"That's not possible." Seung Hyun said. "She's sleeping right now."

"What?" The guy in the other line snorted and hanged up the call. Seung Hyun smirked at the phone before dropping it back to the table. That was when he heard the doorbell rang

===

Choon Yeo was before the gate. Seung Hyun who was coming down saw the maid hesitating whether to let him in or not.

"Who is it?" Seung Hyun asked, looking at the screen. Seeing that familiar face, he recognised Choon Yeo immediately.

"Let him in." With that, he ambled into the kitchen to get himself a drink. Strolling out, he saw Choon Yeo walking in. Seung Hyun smiled, sitting down on the sofa, making himself comfortable.

"I'm here to look for Jung. May I know where she is?" Choon Yeo asked, looking at Seung Hyun from his standing position.

"I said it's not possible." He simply said, looking up at him. He guessed that the caller just now was him.

"Please call her down." Choon Yeo ignored him and said again. Seung Hyun chuckled softly.

"Do you not understand Korean?" He asked, still smiling. "I just said that what you have requested is not possible." Choon Yeo rolled his eyes.

"How is it not possible?" Choon Yeo asked, trying to remain calm.

"Then," Seung Hyun looked down, smiling. Then he looked up at Choon Yeo again and continued. "Do you mean she is supposed to walk down those stairs even when she is sick?"

"She isn't feeling feel? Where?" Choon Yeo got worried.

"It just happened that way."

"You aren't going to tell me what happened?" Choon Yeo lost his patience and slightly raised his voice.

"I just told you. She is sick." Seung Hyun replied calmly. Not wanting to entertain him anymore, Choon Yeo went towards the stairs and dashed up, zooming into her room. Opening the door, he saw her lying figure. Standing by her bedside, he reached for her hand and held it while the other reached for her cheek. He looked at her tenderly with a tinge of pain. He released her and got out, brushing passed Seung Hyun who was by the door. Choon Yeo got to his car and took out a paper bag from the boot before running back into the mansion.

===

Reaching Yi Jung's room again, Choon Yeo ignored Seung Hyun's gaze as he set the bag on the desk and reached inside. Pulling out a purple candle, he lit it and placed it on her nightstand. The room was filled with lavender scent rapidly.

"When did she started to feel sick?" Choon Yeo asked. He had saw the needle on the table since he came in.

"After school."

"This girl," Choon Yeo started, watching Yi Jung as she slept. "She pulled that out, right?" Choon Yeo sat on the chair by the bed. He looked up at Seung Hyun when he did not reply.

"Jungie, she is afraid of needles." Choon Yeo turned back to Yi Jung. "She doesn't need anything else. Just light some lavender fragrance candles and she will be able to recover quickly. It would chase her nightmares away as well." He continued softly, watching her sleeping face, holding her hand against his cheek.

"Being strong and all mighty, Jung is trying to protect herself from the all the criticism she got. She is actually a fragile child." Seung Hyun watched Choon Yeo's back as he listened every word. His gaze went to Yi Jung, the feeling coming again. This time, it was so much stronger, seeing another man with her. In addition to that feeling, he felt another kind of emotion that made his stares strong enough to bore holes on Choon Yeo's back.

"I will stay until she wakes up." Choon Yeo said. Seung Hyun wanted to say no and get him to get out, but he couldn't find himself to say that. Instead, he just turned and left.

===

Staring at her face, Choon Yeo reached for her cheek to caress it when she finally stirred from her sleep.

"Don't frown." He said gently, smiling at her as her eyes fluttered opened. His index finger went to the frown formed between her two eyebrows and poked it.

"Oppa...?" Yi Jung called, eyes straining to open.

"Yeah. Have you sleep well?" He helped her up. She nodded.

"How did you get to know about this..."

"I called your phone and..." He stopped and decided not to tell her. She might just get up and tell Seung Hyun off for talking like that. "No one answers." He lied, still managed to smile faintly.

"Ah..."

"Are you feeling fine now?"

"Hm..."

"Are you hungry?" He asked again. "Do you want to eat something?" She shook her head, giving a faint smile.

"Get something to eat later. There is some food here earlier but it became cold and the maid cleared it." She nodded. She turned to look at the clock and saw that the time was already 7PM.

"How long have you been here? It's already seven."

"Around two hours? I wanted to wait till you wake up." He smiled. "Now that you are awake and fine, I think I should go." He stood up and grabbed his car keys. Yi Jung got up as well.

"Why are those here?" She asked when she saw the candles around her room and that was when she noticed that a strong lavender scent was circulating in her room.

"To you, those are better than medicine, aren't they?" She smiled. "I kept some in the boot just in case." He explained.

"Thank you." She said in a soft tone. He went to her and gave her a hug.

"Rest well and get well soon, okay?" She nodded, her smile wider this time. He kissed her forehead. "I shall get going then." Then he released her and continued to walk to the door.

"I will walk you out." He smiled and allowed her to follow him, knowing how stubborn she can get when he wanted her to rest in bed instead.

===

"I will call you again." Choon Yeo said when they were at the gate. She nodded and waved, watching him entered the car and drove off.

===

Yi Jung returned to her room and plopped back on the bed. There was a knock and when she looked up, she saw a maid by the door, holding onto a tray.

"Lady, please have your dinner." Yi jung smiled and nodded.

"Thank you. Please leave it here." The maid placed the tray on the nightstand and bowed before leaving. The maid had closed the door and Yi Jung stared at the bowl of abalone porridge. The door swung opened.

"Finally awake?" Seung Hyun came in and stopped by her desk.

"Yeah." She replied plainly, lifting her legs to the bed.

"Not eating?" He asked, seeing that she doesn't have any intention to eat.

"I don't have much appetite." She leaned against the headboard.

"Still, you have to eat." He shot back. "Now I even have to take care of you? Do I have to feed you too?"

"Don't mess with me." She warned coldly.

"Then eat and I will leave you alone." he sat on the chair by the bed.

"Why does it concerns you? I'm not hungry."

"Aish, just eat. Who are you trying to torture?" He insisted. She eyed him sideway, reaching for the spoon and scooped a spoonful to eat. She placed the spoon back on the tray and pulled the cover higher to cover her body, feeling enough.

"Eat more. Why are you starting your system to digest only one spoonful of nutrients? Since you wake your digestive system, don't upset it by taking so little."

"You are upsetting me. Get lost." She glared at him.

"Eat!" She rolled her eyes in disbelief, eyeing him as she took another half spoon of porridge as she doesn't want to argue with him.

"Yah, are you joking around? You should not have started eating when you decide to only eat this much."

"You called me to eat...!"

"I'm so sure that you are fine already. Eat up if not I'm not going to leave." He sat at her desk, picking up the book which he read had been earlier.

"Yah, whose things are you touching?" He pretended not to hear her and she turned away, still refusing to eat. After awhile, he looked up from the book to see her dazing, facing the front. He turned to the bowl and saw that she had not touched it at all.

"You are seriously not eating?" She turned to him.

"I told you I'm not hungry." She stubbornly made her stand.

"You seriously..." He finally stood up and went to her again. "You are trying to make me a babysitter, right?"

"Whatever it is, leave. I want to sleep." Instead, he sat down and held up the bowl, scooping up the porridge.

"Quickly. I want to sleep too." He said, extending the spoon to her lips. "Eat." She looked at him weirdly.

"What are you doing?" She pushed his hand away. "Get away."

"You should know that I mean it when I say that I will only leave after you eat, right?" He put down the bowl. "I see that you want me to stay for the night huh?" He smiled, inching his face nearer to her. "I'm very willing to since you're hot," He looked down her body then up to her face again. She inched back.

"But I don't know you think the same way as I do. You want me too, don't you?" Her eyes widened.

"What?" She snorted and rolled her eyes. Pushing his shoulder away from her, she spat,

"Get lost."

"No, I'm sleeping here."

"What?" She watched him in horror as he came to the other side of the bed and climbed up.

"Yah!" She stared at him with widened eyes. He smiled eerily to her, leaning in.

"Do you know how long have I waited for this day?" He asked softly, sending every hair on her body to stand. She was about to leave but he caught her wrist, holding her in place. He smirked, his hand going under the blanket to her waist.

"Okay, okay! I got it! I will eat." She told him, stopping his hand.

"Eat then." He said, his hand not leaving her waist.

"You're not getting off?"

"Eat." He only said. She sighed as she rolled her eyes, turning to take the bowl.

===

"I really can't eat already." Yi Jung turned to Seung Hyun who was reading at her desk.

"How much have you got in your stomach?" He stood up and looked into the bowl in her hands.

"Yah, you are even faking now? It's not even a quarter gone." He said in a louder voice.

"I really don't feel like eating." She said, putting down the bowl on the nightstand. He silently sighed, going to her and picked up the bowl.

"Five more mouths and I will leave."

"I don't want..."

"Just eat quickly...! You are like a kid throwing a fit." He shot, giving her a look.

"What?!"

"Eat." He sent the spoon to her lips, shutting . She narrowed her eyebrows as she looked at him, pouting a little before opening . He kept feeding her until she dodged the spoon.

"I have already eaten the fifth spoon."

"Psh... I just knew you were counting." With that, he placed the bowl aside and stood up.

"You are the first who actually made me feed you." He uttered, eyeing her.

"You are also the first person who dare to fool around when I am sick. Plus forcing me to eat." She shot back.

"Why, I'm that charming that you couldn't do anything about it?" He had a sweet smile on him, pushing his hands into the pockets of his trackpants as he looked proud.

"What?!" She nearly shouted.

"Hearing you scream, it's obvious that you are fine already." He said as he went for the door. "Rest then." With that, he left.

===
-

Going out to the balcony after an hour of reading, Seung Hyun leaned forward on the railings and immediately sensed someone beside him. He turned and saw Yi Jung resting her elbows on the metal railings. He stared at her.

"What?" She asked when she saw him staring at her that way.

"What are you doing here?"

"Just... Thinking about something." She said as she turned to face the front.

"About this afternoon?" She glanced at him, then turned back and sighed softly. Seeing her not answering, he asked again.

"How much?" He probed. "The creditors." She glanced at him again, turning to the front.

"I don't know. It must be a lot for them to look for me."

"Do you... Need some help?" He asked. She turned to him.

"How?"

"If I were to solve the problem, I would pay the debts first, then look for your parents."

"Do you know how much money that is? How are you going to pay?"

"You might not know, but I'm financially abled." She snorted, rolling her eyes.,

"Forget it." She turned away.

"As expected..." He smirked.

"By any chance," She turned back to him. "Did you tell oppa about it?"

"Who?" He acted dumb. "The guy who came?"

"Yeah, him." She had seen him through pretending but still answered him, giving a 'duh' face. "Did you tell him or not?" She repeated her question, this time more serious.

"No, I did not." He told her.

"In the future too, please do not tell him." She said before turning to go back into the room.

=====

"Secretary Kim," Seung Hyun called, his phone against his ear. "I need your help in locating someone."

=====

Yi Jung got to her desk and checked her phone.


From My Number One,


Are you asleep?


She searched his number and called him.

"Oppa." She called when the call was answered.

"It's surprising that you actually called me first."

"You came to visit me. I just called to thank you. Thank you, oppa."

"What for? I'm glad you are fine." She smiled, looking down.

"You wanted to check on me, right?" She asked.

"Yeah. I thought you will not be able to go to sleep and I'm ready to talk on the phone for the whole night."

"I would like to, but I'm afraid that I will be able to sleep." She chuckled softly as she said, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Ah... What a pity." Choon Yeo playfully sighed at the other end of the line. "But good thing, I don't have to pay more phone bills." She smiled again.

"That's why I said to just sign the phone contract under my name."

"How? You are not even staying at your house. How are you going to make money pop out of nowhere?" She remained smiling, keeping quiet as she looked down at her lap.

"Are you on bed already?" He asked when he heard silence.

"Hm." She made herself lie down.

"Then sleep well, okay?" Are the candles enough?"

"More than enough. There are so much. The room now smells like a lavender plantation." She heard him laughed.

"Then you would be able to have nice dreams tonight."

"I would. Thank you."

"For what? As long as you are fine. Okay, sleep well. Rest for another day. Don't attend school tomorrow."

"Hm." With that, they hanged up the phone.

=====

Seung Hyun came to the car the next morning. He got in and was surprised to see Yi Jung already inside.

"You are going to school?"

Of course. Should I not?" She asked back, turning to him.

"So much to say as usual. No doubts that you are fit for school. I should not even ask." He turned to the front and the car moved. She snorted, rolling her eyes. The journey was quiet and all Yi Jung did was looked out of the window. She was already feeling better after a good sleep last night. When they reached school, as usual, Seung Hyun went his way up the stairs but looked down to Yi Jung who was downstairs, going the other way. She wasn't heading to the classroom. Instead, she went to sit at the study area. He turned away and went into an empty classroom, tossing his bag on the table as he sat down. Pulling out a stack of worksheets, he picked up his pen and began to bury his head in the work.

=====

Seung Hyun noticed that the sky had brightened and looked at his watch. It was already 7:10AM and most of the students had began to make their way up to the classrooms. The classroom he was using was a spare one and it was at the very end of the hallway, so not many people actually passed by there. He packed his things and went out, going to the other block and climbed up the stairs.

"Did you see what happened yesterday? The Yi Jung is actually having heavy debts. The creditors even haunted her down to school." One girl gossiped to another beside her.

"Oh my, really?"

"And it looks like her parents had left her. She cried like hell." They then walked passed Seung Hyun. He slightly glanced at them, roling his eyes as he continued to walk.

=====

Seung Hyun was walking towards the locker with his bag sloppily hanging on his shoulder. He was about to unlock the metal door when he noticed a small crowd a few metres away from him.

"She's the one, she's the one."

"I never knew she came from such a family..." All kinds of murmurings could be heard and when he looked over, he saw Yi Jung opening the locker like she can't hear anything. Yi Jung awkwardly touched her fringe before taking out her things. Seung Hyun sighed in disbelief and passed through the crowd and the whisperings faded and finally nothing could be heard. He wore an unreadable expression while the others just stared at him with a tinge of fear. When Yi Jung turned back after locking the locker, she stopped and was taken aback that Seung Hyun was there.

"What are you doing?" He asked coldly.

"Huh?" She looked at him coming towards her. He pulled her away.

"What is it?" She asked as she was dragged away from the crowd. Until they reached the study area at the level they were at, he roughly let go of her, spinning around to her. She held her wrist as she stared at him in disbelief.

"What are you doing?" He asked which made Yi Jung rolled her eyes. Before she could say anything, he cut her.

"Didn't you hear what those people say about you? You're deaf?"

"What?" She asked back in sheer disbelief. He only stared at her. "So what if I have heard them? I can just-"

"Then you should say something." He cut her again. "Or at least walk away. Why are you keeping quiet and staying there?" He got frustrated and raised his voice.

"What does it has got to do with you to make you this angry?" She asked back, eyes slightly widened. Seung Hyun then looked away. Yeah, why must he get himself so angry anyway?

"It frustrates me, because you are so stupid." He managed to say plainly and walked off, leaving Yi Jung there, dumbfounded.

=====

Walking back to the classroom, Yi Jung walked passed Seung Hyun, glancing down at him awkwardly.

"Hey there." Tae Hyun smiled as she sat down.

"Hi." She smiled back, taking out her stuff. Just then, Su Ah came in and stood right infront of Yi Jung's desk. Yi Jung looked up.

"You sure made it big. You are from such a family huh? Then why act all so classy?" She smirked. Tae Hyun stared looked at Yi Jung. "So you are those kind of people who stay in the basement? Or... Under the bridge?" Yi Jung rolled her eyes, turning away.

"Messing around again?" Tae Hyun spoke up as he stared at her.

"When you have such an ugly flaw, you should stay low profile. To avoid yourself to be embarassed. Instead..." Su Ah smirked, looking at Yi Jung in a mocking manner.

"Stop it." Seung Hyun's voice could be heard. He looked up at her. "Come and sit." Su Ah glared at Yi Jung one last time before going to the seat beside Seung Hyun, like a tamed pet. Tae Hyun and Yi Jung stared at Seung Hyun's back, confused at his sudden 'rare' and 'kind' act.

"What's with him?" Tae Hyun asked. Yi Jung turned to him, shrugging. Then the teacher came in. Instead of starting lessons, the form teacher, Miss Lim announced an upcoming camp the school had arranged to the class.

"It's compulsory for all students. So for those who already have plans on skipping the camp, I advise you to drop the idea." Some of the students then groaned. Miss Lim then started to read the groups each student was in.

"I'm in the same group as you oppa!" Su Ah shrieked in excitement, earning weird glances from the rest. She was so happy that she almost hugged Seung Hyun.

"We are in different groups..." Yi Jung turned to Tae Hyun, slightly disappointed that she couldn't be in the same group as her close friend.

"You want to be in the same group as me so badly huh?" He smirked, leading Yi Jung to roll her eyes.

"Those who are not satisfied with the arrangement can make changes yourself. But take note that each group cannot have more than twelve students. I will pin the form on the noticeboard behind, so hurry make changes before tomorrow." After Miss Lim pinned the form up, Yi jung went behind and quickly off her name from 'Group Ten' and was about to write her name under the 'Group Eight' column when she thought she saw something. Her eyes turned to the column where she thought she saw Ji Eun's name. So names from the other classes were also included in this form huh? She thought. A smile curled her lips as an imaginary lit light bulb appeared beside her head. She off Tae Hyun's name as well and wrote both his and her name under the group where Ji Eun's name was. Controlling her laughter, she went back to her seat, hiding any signs of mischief.

=====

"Are you fine? I heard about it. Yesterday." Dong Hyuk asked when they were at the table.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thank you."

"Why didn't you tell us?" Tae Hyun asked, slightly narrowing his eyebrows.

"How am I supposed to say..."

"That's why you didn't have a handphone? Because you are afraid that those people could track you?" Yi Jung nodded a bit when Jun Min asked.

"Ah..." Tae hyun suddenly said, causing the people around to turn to him. "That's why you didn't want me to go to your house."

"That's why you wanted me to wait at the road that time." Dong Hyuk realised too.

"Then where are you staying now? You aren't living with your parents..." Byun Woo asked further.

"Ah..." Yi Jung looked away, hesitating to answer. "This..."

"You can't tell us?" Tae Hyun looked slightly disappointed.

"It's a little..." Yi Jung smiled a little, hoping they could understand. Good that they understood and nodded.

"I got it. But let us know if you need help, okay?" Tae Hyun continued.

"Hm. Thanks." Yi Jung smiled.

=====

"Mr Choi, I really hope you can do well this time. Please study this before you come to school tomorrow." Miss Chae, the Science teacher handed a set of notes to Seung Hyun while the others were doing their stuff. But Yi Jung saw that and knew that the notes were something extra just for Seung Hyun. Others did not get any notes from Miss Chae today. Walking back to her desk, Miss Chae dismissed the class when the dismissal bell rang. The students got their bags and left. Seung Hyun had left with Su Ah behind him.

"Let's go." Tae Hyun stood up, throwing his bag over his shoulder. He and Yi Jung then walked out as they started to fool around again.

"A student from International High School of Seoul...!" A squeal interrupted their talks and smiles. They turned to the carpark where the girls were at. They then ignored and walked passed them, resuming to the topic they were talking about earlier. Soft whisperings came from the girls when the guy in the different uniform walked towards Yi Jung and Tae Hyun.

"Jung ah." Choon Yeo called. Yi Jung turned back, hearing someone called her. Tae Hyun followed and turned.

"Oppa?" She called in surprise, widened eyes watching him as he walked towards them. "What are you doing here?" Choon Yeo smiled.

"I dropped by at your house and they said you went to school." He eyed her playfully. "You just wouldn't listen when I told you to stay at home huh?" She smiled sheepishly.

"I'm fine already." He then flashed a warm smile, nodding.

"Going home now?"

"Hm." She nodded, glancing up at Tae Hyun. "Ah, I forget. This is Tae Hyun." She said to Choon Yeo. "This is Choon Yeo." She turned to Tae Hyun and told him.

"Nice to meet you. Jung has been telling me a lot about you." Choon Yeo extended his hand which Tae Hyun held it.

"Nice to meet you too." Choon Yeo turned back to Yi Jung after they parted hands.

"So, shall I send you back?" Yi Jung nodded.

"I'm going. See you tomorrow?" She smiled to Tae Hyun and he nodded in response. The two went to the car and passed by Seung Hyun and Su Ah. They were watching Yi Jung and Choon Yeo throughout the time.

"What, she sure has a huge circle of male friends." Su Ah commented sacastically, rolling her eyes. Seung Hyun just stared at them heading to the car which Choon Yeo drove here.

=====

"Have you eaten?" Choon Yeo asked as he buckled his seatbelt.

"Nope." She shook her head as she replied.

"So what do you want to eat?" He asked, turning on the engine.

"I will give you the chance to choose."

"Ah... Finally I can choose?" He played along, smiling. She nodded. With that, he started the car.

"You caused a stir in the campus." She argued when they were having a casual chat.

"It's my fault? I merely stood there." He defended.

"Psh. You are attracting too much attention to yourself..." She muttered.

"Why, jealous?"

"What?" She turned to him in disgust. He chuckled.

"Don't worry. I only want your's."

"Unfortunately, you have none." She replied arrogantly.

"Why I can only attract others but you?"

"I'm special, that's why." He snorted at her reply.

"I knew you are going to say that." She stuck out her tongue and the both of them laughed. "We've reached." She looked up, unfastening her seatbelt.

"The kimchi stew here is the best." He said, getting out. They closed the doors, only taking their valuables with them. They stepped into the food store and made the order.

"My parents and I will start looking for your parents." She looked up when he suddenly said that.

"Hm?"

"We will help you. So wait a little."

"Actually, I have been looking around too. But I can't find them." She said softly, looking down.

"What I have been thinking is, we could pay the creditors first. Then slwoly, we will look for uncle and aunt. Do you know how much the debts are?" He asked.

"No, you don't have to do that. It's not something you should interfere."

"Why?"

"I'm grateful that you are worrying for me. That's all I need. It's the thought that counts. It cost a lot to just look for my parents-"

"It's about money again?" He cut her, looking slightly displeased. "Your safety is more important now. If you don't pay the creditors soon, they will come after you." She looked down.

"I know..."

"No matter how much it is, I will get the money and pay them."

"Oppa." She called, her tone disapproving his idea. She was about to say more when the stall owner came with the food.

"It's set then." He declared, giving her a pair of chopsticks. She stared at him as he ate, totally ignoring her. She sighed, looking down to the bowl as she lifted her chopsticks.

=====

Choon Yeo and Yi Jung went to have a stroll after their lunch. Reaching for her hand, he asked,

"What's in your mind?" She looked up, then shook her head lightly. No way she was going to tell him about the creditors incident that was jogging in her mind.

"You became quieter, you know?" He commented softly, facing the front.

"You always said that I was noisy in the past."

"But I didn't say I don't like it." She smiled. He pulled her nearer to him, his arm wrapped around her shoulder. She didn't feel any discomfort, like everything was normal.

"You can tell me everything and anything that is bothering you. I want to know." She nodded.

"Hm. I will tell you when there is any."

"Promise?" He stopped and looked down to her.

"Promise." She nodded with a faint smile. He stuck out his pinky and she intertwined hers with his.

=====

Seung Hyun was sitting in the balcony. It was unusual for him to actually daydream. With all the weird things happening recently, the stress from both work and studies made him so tired that he wanted to leave reality for a while. But right now, he was sure that he was thinking about the same thing again. The same thought that was in his mind for the past few days. Yi Jung. This time, he was even feeling a certain emptiness as she wasn't around in the mansion. Remembering that he saw Choon Yeo fetching her from school today made things worse. The foreign feeling kept bugging him from time to time. Roughly ruffling his hair, Seung Hyun stood up and went to the railings, leaning forward and looked out. He saw a car coming in and frowned as he recognised the car. Seeing a couple stepping out, he couldn't help but stare even though he really wanted to leave.

=====
--

Choon Yeo stopped the car, unfasteneing the seatbelt as Yi Jung left the car.

"Thanks oppa." She said when he came to her. He smiled.

"About searching for your parents, I mean it when I said it just now. Even clearing the debts. Wait for my update."

"Oppa, you really don't have to-"

"I will protect you. Of all cost, I will protect you." He declared with determination.

"You don't even know how much my parents own them." She tried to reason out.

"That's why I'm going to find out."

"What? How?" She stared at him, hoping he wasn't thinking of doing something stupid.

"I will look for them."

"No! Are you out of your mind?!" She raised her voice. "They will harm you!"

"That's the only way I can pay them the money."

"No. Please don't do it." She pleaded, holding onto his arm.

"I will talk through them and will not use their trust. I will make sure that I pay them."

"Oppa..." She called in desperation, shaking his arm a little.

"You trust me, right?" He asked, his eyes shone with hope. She looked away.

"I'm not going to agree to this." She let go of his arm and headed to the gate, only to be pulled back.

"Please trust me." He said in a soft tone, cupping her cheek.

"I'm not entertaining this. So if you are still persisting with that foolish decision of your's, toss it aside. That's it."

"Then what am I supposed to do? Wait for the creditors to come after you and do nothing about it? Of course I have to do something.

"But not something that will get yourself hurt. I'm serious about this. Don't even ponder about that." She said in a superior tone. Choon Yeo smiled to her, his fingers started to caress her cheek. She looked at him weirdly.

"Jungie is worried for me...?" She glanced away.

"So just forget about it." She said again, afraid that he will really follow his plan. He only continued to smile warmly. Their eyes locked. His other hand reached for her other cheek, his eyes still not leaving hers. Her eyes widened a little at his actions. He looked at her lips as he leaned in, closing his eyes. She was at lost, doesn't know what to do. In the end, she decided to just close her eyes as well as their lips met. Receiving no rejection, one of Choon Yeo's hand moved to the back of her head, deepening the kiss. As for her, she stood still. Although she doesn't anticipate for his kiss, she don't feel the need to reject it too. He was her boyfriend anyway and she had promised to herself that she will try her best to let her fall for him. As she doesn't know how to kiss, she can only grasp for air every now and then.

=====

His eyes widened as he watched the both of thm kissed outside the mansion. He thought his eyes were playing tricks on him. His face twitched as he saw Choon Yeo pulled Yi Jung by the waist, pressing her body against his as he tighetened the hold around her waist.

=====

Choon Yeo finally pulled back, panting as he looked lovingly into Yi Jung's half-opened orbs. He dropped his head again to give her a last peck before smiling. Watching her as she panted, he pulled her into his arms, embracing her.

"After all the thinking, I still think I want to protect you." He told her softly. She kept quiet, closing her eyes as she held the side of his waist. After they had calmed themselves, she pulled away.

"I'm going in now." He nodded.

"I will call you again." She smiled and waved, before going in.

=====

Seung Hyun was coming now the stairs when she stepped in.

"Young master, here is the schedule for tomorrow." Buler Yang handed Seung Hyun a document before bowing and left. Yi Jung walked passed him but turned back upon remembering something.

"Hey," She started, trying to get his attention. He stopped, looking slightly over his shoulder. "Can you lend me the Science notes Miss Chae gave you in class earlier?" She asked. He saw her swollen lips and his eyes narrowed a little, rolling his eyes.

"Then what am I going to revise?" He threw words at her coldly before walking off. She watched his back in disbelief.

"What's with the moodswing again?" She asked herself before rolling her eyes as she went back to her room.

=====

Going back to her room, Yi Jung started to study for the Science class test tomorrow. She went through her notes and felt that she needed more. She went to the library and stayed there for two hours. It was then dinner time. She proceeded downstairs to see that she was only the one there. Seung Hyun would usually be there first and started eating without waiting for her, even if it was just to show that he was being courteous. She shrugged it off and sat down to eat dinner alone.

=====

When Yi Jung was returning to her room, she saw Seung Hyun's back as he entered his room. She turned to the maid who was bringing a glass of milk on the tray. The maid stopped to bow.

"He didn't eat?" She asked.

"Young master doesn't want to eat today. I am now bringing some warm milk for him." Yi Jung nodded and the maid went to his room. When Yi Jung was about to enter her room after opening the door, she heard a loud voice.

"Didn't I say I don't want anything? Get out and leave me alone!" The maid was then seen coming out, her head hung low. When she looked up and saw Yi Jung, Yi Jung noticed the facial expression on her face. She was probably frighetened by the booming voice and felt down getting shouted at for no reasons.

"Leave this to me." Yi Jung flashed a quick smile and took over the tray, turning to the door and knocked on it.

"But, lady..." The maid voiced but Yi Jung had already opened the door and went in even before getting permission from Seung Hyun who was inside.

"I told you to leave me alone...!" Seung Hyun said, frustrated as he spun around to the door. His eyes turned soft when he saw Yi Jung. His desk was in a mess with papers scattering around and a few paper balls on the floor.

"Drink this then continue." She said, extending the glass to him.

"Leave it here." He said, turning to his desk again. She suddenly thought of something. He walked around the table and plopped down on the chair.

"No. Drink it now." She insisted, refusing to give in. He narrowed his eyebrows, shooting her a look. "You are so stubborn right now. Like a spoiled kid." He snorted before his eyes became intense.

"Fooling around at this time?"

"I'm just calling you to drink this. And I will leave you alone." She used the same method as his like how he forced her to take her food when she was sick. Eyeing her, he stood up and grabbed the glass, gulping down the liquid. She looked around the desk and saw that he was working on stocks, files messily piling all over.

"Working?" She asked as he finished the last mouth of the milk. He didn't reply, only returning to his seat.

"As you promised, leave me alone." He said, burying his head back into the stacks of papers and files. She took a last glance at the file opened before him and left with the empty glass.

=====

"Translocation is the process when... When... Arg..." Yi Jung paced around the balcony, trying to remember the theory without looking at the notes. She roughly scratched her head, closing her eyes.

"Back in Seung Hyun's room, he laid back in his seat, his head slightly fell back. He was suffering from major 'distraction'. The reason was obvious and he cursed the hell out of himself when the 'infuriating' scene he saw in the afternoon appeared in his mind every now and then. Pushing his chair back roughly, he decided to take a break out in the balcony.

"Oh come on, Yi Jung... You can do this. Translocation... Translocation... Arg...!" He looked to the side in curiosity the moment he stepped outside, hearing the voice. He saw Yi Jung squatting down, eyes closed.

"Translocation is the process when..." There she stopped again, her voice faded as her mind went blank, not knowing what the term meant. Seung Hyun suddenly felt the urge to laugh but controlled himself.

"When manufactured food is transported from the leaves to the other parts of the plant by the phloem tissues." He recited what he had memorized since the day he had studied that topic. She heard him and her head shot to the side, getting on her feet as her eyes grew.

"Why are you here?" She asked in surprise, getting on her feet

"What, I cannot be in my balcony?" He smirked before talking back. She looked away, finally holding up the notes to read again. She saw that what he had recited was exactly what was written in her notes, word for word. She snorted in amazement.

"The fact that you cannot remember this theory shows that you are not ready for the test." He said again. She turned to him, eyeing him as she got slightly offended. "Shall I give you a piece of advice?" He smiled. "Talk less. Then maybe you can absorb better in class."

"Yah." She called, totally not liking the way he talked.

"Sometimes, you are noisier than Su Ah. Do you know that?"

"I did listen in class." She stated, defending herself.

"There isn't a day when you and Tae Hyun are quiet." She snorted, smirking.

"Did I smell... Jealousy?" She eyed him in a mocking manner.

"Of your stupid brain that couldn't even memorise the basic and simplest theory?" He shot, smiling sweetly. She only glared at him, not wanting to continue the argument. She sighed, turning back to her notes.

"This is really not enough..." She muttered under her breath.

"Hey." She called again, turning to him. He turned to her. "Have you finished studying the notes Miss Chae gave you?" He only continued to stare at her, waiting for her to continue.

"Can you please lend it to me?" She asked softer for the second time.

"I probably need to study more. You know I in my studies." He said back with a fake smile.

"Just for awhile. As you said, I might even fail the test."

"Then fail."

"Yah...!" Her eyes narrowed, unconsciously pouting a little. "Would it kill you to just lend me have a look at the notes?"

"I will not. I will just fail."

"You will not fail if you really studied." She said in a louder tone.

"Then what am I going to get in return?" He asked, smiling sweetly as he leaned forward, his arms on the railings separating them.

"What are you thinking of doing again?" She took a step back.

"Maybe you can come to my room and we can study together..." He suggested.

"Forget it." She said, going inside and closed the glass door.

=====

Yi Jung lifted her head lazily when she heard the rain outside hittng on the railings hard out in the balcony. She sat up, looking around as realised that she fell asleep on the desk while studying.

"She stood up and stretched a little. The time was only 5:30AM but she would not be able to wake up in time if she goes back to sleep again. She took a shower and prepared for school. After grabbing her bag, she headed downstairs. The maids bowed when they saw her.

"Please have your breakfast, lady." Yi Jung smiled, following the maid to the dining table. She sat down at the table and the maids served her breakfast, she smiled, thanking them.

"Wah... It's my first time having breakfast before going to school." She said to herslf, like it was a big deal. The maids only smiled. Seung Hyun appeared just as Yi Jung picked up the chopsticks. He looked at her like he saw something that shouldn't happen in the world. He sat down opposite her, still staring at her with slight surprise.

"Am I some kind of a creature?" She asked, eyeing him.

"I thought you were." He replied, picking up the spoon. She narrowed her eyebrows, then rolled her eyes at him.

"So how's your revision for the test?" She randomly asked before feeding herself another spoon of rice.

"So far, so good." She looked away, pouting.

"Why, having a hard time?" He smirked before dropping his head and drank the soup.

"Are you gloating right now?" She asked back, shooting him a look.

"You're fast." He smiled, putting his spoon down and leaned back on the seat. She glared at him, feeling liking smacking him a hundred times. He wiped his mouth with the tissue paper and pushed his chair back, standing up.

"Speed up." He said before going out. She snorted.

"He only knows how to say that sentence." She said under her breath before standing up.

=====

The class was quiet when the teacher was distributing the test papers. The test started after every student got one script. Everyone started writing. Su Ah just lied her laid on the table after five minutes, giving up. Seung Hyun was basically flipping the pages, leaving blanks for most of the questions. Randomly selecting a number as the answer for the multiple choice questions and scribbling wrong theories for the rest of the paper, he finsihed the test within fifteen minutes. Lying on the table, he closed his eyes to make up for the sleep he lost for studying last night for the test as well as finishing the reports.

=====

"Ah...! I didn't finish the paper...!" Yi Jung cried whisperingly to Tae Hyun when the teacher said to stop writing.

"I didn't even study for this. I don't even bother to attempt them."

"I stayed up the whole night...!" She exclaimed softly, smacking her forehead. She lied her head on the table in defeat as the teacher began to count the number of scripts.

"Try harder the next time." Tae Hyun chuckled as he said, patting her back. She shot him a look.

"Gloating huh?"

Ah, right." This only earned him a punch on the sie of his waist. He jerked a little, turning to her. As it was self-study period, Miss Chae started to mark the test papers while the students were supposed to revise their work. Yi Jung don't have the mood to study anymore and Tae Hyun basically doesn't care. The both of them just lied their heads on the desks.

"Please take back your scripts." Miss Chae said fifteen minutes before the dismissal bell.

"Mr Choi, I don't know what to do anymore." Miss Chae said when Seung Hyun went to get his paper. Miss Chae had given up in Su Ah and Tae Hyun already. A delicated young lady in her late twenties, she was really beautiful. Patient and amicable, she wasn't the sort to lose her patience or even speak in a strict tone. But she did those two things just now. Seung Hyun grabbed the scripts and walked back, not even looking at Miss Chae.

"Miss Yi, I'm disappointed." She said when she extended the test papers to Yi Jung. Yi Jung took over it and bowed.

"I'm sorry." She apologised softly. She knew she would not do well in time and indeed, she got 17/30. The first time scoring so badly.

"How much?" Tae Hyun asked when she got back to her desk. She dropped the test paper to his desk, sighing as she plopped to her seat.

"You passed..." He noticed after sticking out his neck to see.

"What the hell is seventeen points..." She cried, softly, feeling disappointed.

"Is this an indirect insult to me?" He asked, lifting his script to her, revealing his horrible '3/30'.

"No. I'm just disappointed, at myself." She said softly, her head hanging low.

"As I said, try harder the next time." He tried cheering her up. She managed to force a smile and the bell rang.

"Miss Yi, see me outside."

"See you tomorrow." She mouthed as she waved to Tae Hyun, smiling. Outside, Miss Chae nagged at Yi Jung a little as Yi Jung was one of her best student in class and she had high hopes on her.

"I'm sorry. I will do better the next time." Yi Jung promised and a small smile spreaded across Miss Chae's face.

"Okay. If you need any help, come and look for me." Miss Chae patted Yi Jung's back before walking off. Yi Jung smiled back, watching her teacher leave. Yi Jung sighed, turning back as a faint smile still on her face. She went to the toilet before going to the front gate.

"Ouch...!" She cried when she knocked her nose into something hard as she was walking out while wiping her hands, not looking to the front. She looked up to see Seung Hyun staring back at her blankly. When she was about to say something, Seung Hyun just walked off. Rolling her eyes, she can only follow behind him. She caught up and was beside him, looking around. It was the first time she saw him without Su Ah. Or rather, without any females with him. He saw her searching for something and decided to again.

"You look lost." He said, smirking, not even looking at her.

"I'm not." He just smirked again.

"I heard that you screwed up the test." She turned to him, getting sensitive with the subject they were starting. "How much did you get after studying for the whole night?" He asked further in a mocking tone.

"It's all your fault...!" She blamed him, widening her eyes. "You wouldn't lend me your notes!" He chuckled.

"How is it my fault for not lending you my things?"

"You refuse to share, you jerk!"

"Jerk?" He couldn't help but smile, looking amazed. "You were the one who rejected the suggestion of studying together." He stated, reminding her. She only pouted, looking like a child and turned away, sulking. He surpressed his laughter when he saw her cute expression. Not really like a stubborn and arrogant missy, instead she looked like a total childish kid who didn't get the toy she asked for.

"For the camp, which group are you in?" She asked again randomly as they made their way out together.

"Four." He simply said, eyes to the front.

"Hey, wait." She suddenly stopped walking, looking at his back in surprise. He stopped as well and turned back, staring at her blankly.

"Since when are you in group four?" She didn't remember seeing his name under the group yesterday when she was changing groups.

"I changed." He said, matter-of-a-fact.

"Why...?!" She nearly yelled.

"Because I feel like it. I don't want to be in the same group as Su Ah. Satisfied?"

"But why group four?! I'm in that group!" After hearing that, he glanced away, smiling. He paced slwoly towards her, still smiling.

"Then we can have fun together."

"Arg...! You did it on purpose, didn't you?" She asked sharply.

"You couldn't do anything even if I really thought that way." She glared at his smiley face. Pushing him aside, she walked passed him to the waiting car. He chuckled softly, shaking his head lightly after the teasing session he had enjoyed. Who knows he would choose the same group which Yi Jung was in? He just randomly recorded his name in one of the groups. He didn't do it on purpose.
=====

Hello. Once again, sorry for the long long wait. Things are starting to get busy. I ask for your patience for the story. Thanks for reading and hoped you all enjoyed! ^^



To Fish, Hi. ? As it was a drama, I don't have thoughts of putting in a scene. We shall see how it goes. Who knows, maybe I will change my mind one day...! XD Thanks for supporting! ^^






Schedulex2(C)


 

Started- 8:24PM, 310511
Stopped at '-',  9:58PM, 310511

Continued- 8:29PM, 020611
Stopped at '--', 10:12PM, 020611

Continued- 8:21PM, 030611
Ended- 10:29PM, 030611

Posted on 12:33AM, 040611