You Only Live Once.

Sisters That Are Always Rising [STAR] | APPLY CLOSED

 

“Excuse me do you know where I can find Bang Ji Young” Hyomin stopped her conversation with her class mates and turned around to see who was asking for Ji Young, there was a tall boy with dark hair, he was in a different school uniform to theirs. He was holding onto a smaller boy’s hand; he looked just like him only younger, he was playing with a toy plane making the sound effects for it.

“No sorry, school just finished and it doesn’t say she has any night classes on here” the office lady pointed to her computer and showed the boy Ji Young’s schedule. The boy bowed then took a seat near the window running his fingers through his hair frustratingly, he cursed under his breath and pulled out his phone. “Come on Ji Young pick up” he muttered, it went to voice message and he hung up then slammed his phone on the small table. Hyomin jumped a little but tried to hide it. She cautiously walked up to the boy and smiled,

“Are you looking for Ji Young” she asked nervously, the boy looked up at her and she saw a small spark in his eye, he nodded eagerly “Yes, do you know where she is” he stood up grabbing his phone at the same time, he towered over Hyomin so she took a small step back. “She is in the auditorium practicing for the school production, follow me, I’ll take you there” Hyomin picked up her bag and showed the boy the way, he quickly grabbed his younger brothers hand and pulled him along. “I’m Jinhyun by the way, this is ChanHee” Hyomin looked at them both and smiled,

“I’m Hyomin nice to meet you” Jinhyun’s face lit up and he waved his finger at Hyomin, “Ah, you’re the leader of STAR. Ji Young talks a lot about you all” he smiled, Hyomin giggled, “She is a very important member in our group, so how you know her” at that moment they arrived at the auditorium, Jinhyun ignored Hyomin’s question, when he saw Ji Young and a large group of other people.

“What is he doing here” Ji Young muttered under her breath, everyone looked from her to the boy with Hyomin back to Ji Young who was now slowly standing up, “Who is that” Jr. whispered to Soo Ji who just shrugged her shoulders. “He’s pretty good looking” Min Jung giggled, earning a small nudge from JR who acted like he done nothing. Hyomin walked to the group while Ji Young talked to Jinhyun. “Hyomin, who is that guy” Ren asked eager to find out, “I’m not sure, but he was desperate to find Ji Young so I brought him here” she smiled while sitting down in an empty spot on the floor. “That’s her little brother” Eunji said pointing to the little boy,

“so that other guy must be her older brother right” Zelo asked quite confused, “Or maybe it’s her boyfriend~” Eun Neul teased while her and Soo Ji made kissy faces to everyone, most people laughed except for a few of the boys, JB was completely silent and had a very blank expression. “Yah JB smile, you look like you’ve seen a ghost or something” YoungJae chuckled nudging his arm, JB let out a blunt laugh, his skin seemed pale compared to his normal tan glow. “I wonder what they’re talking about” Min Jung mumbled while everyone watched them have their conversation, no one was close enough to hear anything they were saying but it seemed like they were arguing, until Ji Young hugged him.

“Yah what are you doing here, and why have you got ChanHee” Ji Young took a small peak over at the others and they all seemed to be watching them. “Look, you need to watch him okay, I have an exam in 2 hours and umma stuck me on babysitting but he isn’t allowed in with me” Jinhyun checked the time on his cell phone and let out a small groan of frustration. “Aniya, I have to practice and—“

“Look if you just look after him until I finish my exam I will come pick him up and take him home, okay” Ji Young could see the pleading in her brothers eyes, he looked so tired and stressed, she worried about him right now. Ji Young sighed then looked back at the others who were now chatting and laughing, “Fine, but you just go straight home after your exam, I’ll drop him off home” Jinhyun’s face lit up and a small smile grew on his face, “Thank you so much Ji Young, this exam is really important to me, if I pass I might actually get a scholarship in America, then I can go work with appa”

Ji Young put on a smile, she didn’t want her brother to move to America and work with her appa, she wanted him to stay here in Korea. But she didn’t want to say anything because she knew it was a dream of his to go aboard to America, and if he knew she didn’t want him to go he wouldn’t and Ji Young didn’t want to be the one who stopped him from living his dream. “I know, I know you will pass trust me” She smiled, “Just for this I bought you a little present, it was supposed to be for your birthday, but I didn’t have the money at the time so I saved up and bought these” Jinhyun pulled out 3 tickets, Ji Young took them from him and read what it said. Her jaw dropped and she shook her head,

“The circus, oh~ I never knew there was a circus in town” Ji Young couldn’t stop staring at the tickets, “It is coming, I heard there are a few animals in it and they do all sorts of tricks, but they don’t use whips or anything, not like the ones on the movies so I thought we could go as a family” Ji Young looked up at Jinhyun and nodded happily, She wrapped her arms around him and hugged him tightly, he hugged her back and laughed, ChanHee looked at them both then ran and hugged their legs not wanting to miss out on the family moment. “Yah let go now, your friends are staring” Ji Young laughed and pulled away, she bid her goodbye with Jinhyun and lead ChanHee to the others.

“Go on” Ji Young whispered to ChanHee giving him a little push on the back, “Annyeong Haseyo Bang ChanHee imnida” he bowed, all the girls giggled out his cute introduction. “ChanHee do you remember Eunji noona, we ate dinner with her and Hyun Joo the other night” Ji Young said sitting down in her spot, ChanHee shyly nodded then sat on Ji Young’s lap. “This is my younger brother, I have to babysit him tonight” Ji Young clarified, everyone nodded and exchanged a few looks, “So who was the other guy” Baekho blurted out, everyone glared at him and he shrugged “What we were all thinking it” he said in defence Ji Young giggled, “He’s my older brother Jinhyun, he has an exam in a few hours so he asked if I could look after ChanHee” there were a few pleased sighs, but JB still said nothing. Everyone lazed around for a little while until finally gaining the strength to actually get up and start practicing for the production.

“Han tul set” Hyomin posed with Soo Ji and took a selca with her. ‘Practicing hard at school but still having fun while at it, are our superSTARS having fun?’ She sent the photo to her twitter getting replies almost straight away. She read one of the comments saying ‘Is that Baekho oppa behind you, where are you, are you friends’  Hyomin examined the photo and noticed in the background Baekho was making a funny face, Hyomin and Soo Ji laughed then shook their heads at him. “What just having some fun” Baekho shrugged then pulled out his phone, Hyomin noticed another person had favourite her photo, it was Baekho. She gave him a look and he just laughed.

They walked back out to the main auditorium and saw Jr. and Ji Young chasing ChanHee around, JB and JR were sitting on the stage doing nothing, Ren, Minhyun, Eun Neul and Aron were playing Kawee Bawee Bo, and Zelo, Jong Up, Youngjae, Min Jung and Eunji were chatting. “Have we ever had an actual practice, when we actually learnt something” Baekho asked jokingly, Hyomin sighed and slapped the back of his head he winced then rubbed the sore spot, “Its true though” he yelled, “Group meeting” Hyomin yelled, everyone stopped what they were doing and headed to the middle of the hall and sat in a circled.

“Look the production is only a few weeks away and honestly we have nothing, I know we are all busy working on our own comebacks but we need to at least come up with one item for this thing” Hyomin sighed while rubbing her temples in frustration, JR and Aron were supposed to be helping her organise this production seeming they are the leaders and oldest, but it was hard on Hyomin. “Why don’t we all just perform our debut songs” Ren shrugged, “Because everyone already knows those, we want something original, something we all made on our own” Hyomin said, “Why don’t we just give up and get kicked out of this school” JB muttered, “Yah what is your problem, you’ve been acting all down lately” Soo Ji complained, everyone nodded making JB feel frustrated “Look let’s just all be quite for a minute, I think there is a lot of tension going on and none of us know why” Aron sternly spoke up, everyone shut up and the room echoed with silence.

“Where’s Kyo Shin and Yi Sun” Ji Young asked, everyone looked around the circle and noticed they weren’t here, “They were only here for a week to trail out this school, they ended up being moved to a school in Seoul though” JB mumbled, “Ne we talked to Kyo Shin the other night” Jr. added, “Oh, I kind of liked them” Ji Young sighed, “Okay, how about we split into groups, Min Jung and I will take dancers, Eunji and Ji Young can take a few people to sort out music and songs, and then Eun Neul and Soo Ji can take a group of people to sort out costumes and themes and props” Hyomin looked at everyone and they all nodded in agreement, “Jong Up, Min Hyun and Ren you three can come with us, JB, Baekho, Aron, JR and Youngjae you can all go with Ji Young and Eunji then the rest of you can go with Eun Neul and Soo Ji” Everyone went to their groups and they all split up around the room.

“Noona what are we doing” ChanHee put his hands around Ji Young’s neck and tried to jump on her back but he ended falling on top of her. “Yah, you monkey can’t you sit still for 10 minutes” she chuckled while pinching his nose, “I’m hungry noona” he pouted, “I ate all my lunch sorry, can’t you wait” she asked, ChanHee shook his head furiously, “Here he can have my lunch” Ji Young looked up at JB who was holding out a small bento, “Oh, thank you what do you say” Ji Young asked giving ChanHee a stern look, “Kamsamnida hyung” ChanHee bowed then snatched the food from JB and pulled out some chopsticks from his school bag.

Everyone in her group laughed, “Don’t eat too fast, you will get a tummy ache” JB said patting ChanHee on the head while sitting down next to him, Ji Young smiled at the two then began discussing music ideas. “Why don’t we do some sort of mash up, between all our debut songs” Youngjae asked, everyone blinked a few times “That’s a really good idea” Eunji said quite shocked at how fast their discussion was. “Well who is going to do it” JR asked, “I think my brother has a app on the computer for that, but I don’t know how to use it” Ji Young said biting her lip “JB knows how to” JR smirked, “No I do—“

“Really, great you can help me out tomorrow araso” Ji Young cut JB off and ran off to tell Hyomin the great idea. “Yah what the hell was that” JB asked smacking JR’s chest, everyone giggled even Eunji, “Oh come on, now you can get some aloe time with her” Eunji teased, “What do you mean” JB’s cheeks began to turn a light pink but he tried to seem pissed off to hide the fact that they were right, he will finally get to be alone with her for once. “We all know you like her” Baekho blurted out, “Hyung you like her?!” Youngjae asked surprised, everyone laughed except JB.

“I do not, I…I ugh just shut up, I have no idea how to do stuff like that, what am I going to do when we start cutting the songs, she’ll think I’m a pabo” JB sighed frustrated from all this, “She’ll thinks it’s cute, trust me I know how she is” Eunji winked. “Noona, I’m thirsty” ChanHee groaned, everyone exchanged looks; they all looked at Eunji who was his only noona there. “Uh, I don’t think I have a drink sweetie” Eunji looked through her bags and sighed, “Here, he can have my drink as well” JB said handing him the small bottle of water, ChanHee sculled the water and sighed satisfyingly. “Look you even take good care of her little brother” Aron chuckled, JB rolled his eyes and everyone laughed, “What so funny” Ji Young asked innocently, everyone gave a sly look at JB making Ji Young look at him like he had done something wrong, “Uh, nothing we were just laughing at ah, never mind” Ji Young shrugged her shoulders then they all just relaxed.

“Okay so we can’t really do anything until the music is done really” Min Jung said making a clicking sound with her tongue, “What now then” Ren asked, nobody answered so Ren turned to Jong Up pulled up his sleeve. “You, me, arm wrestle now” Ren smirked, Jong Up eagerly accepted the challenge and the both pulled over a table and knelt down and placed their arms in position. “What’s going on over here” Baekho asked looking over Hyomin’s shoulder, Ji Young’s group and walked over and wanted to know why they were crowding around. “Ren wants to arm wrestle Jong Up” Hyomin scoffed “Oh god I can’t watch” Baekho said turning around, “Hey Ren will be fine” Hyomin chuckled,

“I know that, I mean Jong Up his pride will be ruined” Baekho sighed, Hyomin looked at him confused but then she was distracted by cheering, she turned around to see Ren jumping in the air, and Jong Up completely dumbfounded. “I told you” Baekho whispered in Hyomin’s ear then moved around to the other side of the circle. “How is that even possible” JB yelled with a huge smile on his face, Min Jung looked at him shocked. “I swear that kid has a split personality” she chuckled to herself, “Nope he was just having relationship problems” Min Jung turned her head and saw JR wink at her, she shook her head and laughed. “Hey why are they having fun while we are sitting here working” Soo Ji complained, her group stood up and moved over to the crowd of idols.

“Yah what’s going on now” Eun Neul asked, “Jong Up is having a re-match with Ren at arm wrestling” Youngjae answered with his arms crossed, “Jong Up hyung has this in the bag” Zelo said with a positive smirk, “Don’t be so sure” Minhyun chuckled “Ren may seem weak but he is the strongest in all of NU’EST” Aron added, as if on cue Ren had pinned Jong Up’s arm down and was now cheering again. Zelo, Eun Neul and Soo Ji were all completely shocked. “But-But Look at Jong Up compared to Ren” Soo Ji said, Aron and Minhyun chuckled and patted their shoulders. “We thought the same thing the first time Ren beat Baekho” Minhyun laughed.
---

“Bye” everyone yelled in unison, all going their separate ways. “Annyong Hyung” ChanHee said to Jr. who gave him a high five. “Hey, you just go, I gotta talk to Ji Young quickly” JB said to Jr. then ran across the road to catch up with Ji Young and ChanHee. “Ji Young” he yelled, she stopped and turned around slowly. “I need to ask you something” JB puffed trying to catch his breath back. “Uh, Do—“he paused trying to think of the right words to say what was bugging him all day. “I-I-I forgot to say goodbye to ChanHee” he sighed knowing it wasn’t what he really wanted to say, Ji Young looked at him confused then just laughed it off, “Be a good boy for your noona araso” JB messed up his hair then looked up at Ji Young. “I also wanted to ask you something else, I just don’t know how to say it” JB confessed, Ji Young felt her heart flutter, ‘Is it was I think it is’ she asked herself, she felt her cheeks go red not just from the cold,

“Will you uh—Will you go out with me” JB cleared his throat, Ji Young blinked eagerly "what did you say". “Aish this is hard” JB chuckled frustratingly. “uh…ugh forget it, sorry to keep you waiting” JB turned around on his heel and walked off in the opposite direction, Ji Young sighed, “Oh JB wait” she yelled grabbing ChanHee’s hand and running after him, JB stopped. “Here’s my number, uh…text me tomorrow, you can come around and we can get started on the music” Ji Young handed him a small piece of paper she had ripped out of her notebook, JB pulled out his phone and held it up to Ji Young, ‘click’ Ji Young blinked a few times as JB smiled at the picture he got. “Yah I wasn’t ready” Ji Young wined,

“Don’t worry, you look amazing” JB smiled and then coolly walked off again, Ji Young felt her cheeks go red. “Noona, why are you that colour” ChanHee asked pulling on Ji Young’s sleeve, “What do you mean” Ji Young pouted pulling her scarf up over and doing the same for ChanHee, “Your all red” he mumbled, “Yeah and you will be all purple and blue if we stay out in the cold weather for too long, so let’s go” she dragged him down the street, fighting against the wind. 

"You know noona, he likes you. Everyone said so" Ji Young gave ChanHee a weird look, who was he talking about she thought. "Who does" "JB hyung, Eunji noona and the others all said so" Ji Young rolled her eyes, "Okay ChanHee I believe you" she smiled and put him to bed, she turned out the lights and closed his door. She bit on her lip leaning against the wall. 'Is this true?'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------