Chapter 13: Empty Stomach X o X

A Night Without A Million Raindrops

Beep... Beep... Beep...

 

With tired eyes, I looked through my room. The sun shone down on me, making me feel warm while my hand was tighly gripped onto my phone. I rubbed my eyes as I sat up right and combed my hair with my fingers. My legs were sore and I had to give some attention to the places where bruises were formed. My head spun a while and slowly I untighted my fingers from my phone. But still, my heart ached.

I carefully stood up and bit on my tongue, trying to push the pain away and continue my morning routine, or else I might be late for school and I have to stay at home, which I didn't want. My arms were hurting like hell as I tried to grab my clothes and try to get my arms through the sleeves of my sweater. I had to cover myself or else everyone might come up with questions like I was being hit or something. Nobody knew about my relationship with my mom, neither did Kwangmin.

I sighed and looked into the mirror. I saw a tired girl whose heart was crushed onto the ground. I bent down and packed my stuffs. My books, my drafts and ofcourse my pencil case. I took fake nerdy glasses on to hide my eyebags and tied my hair into a high, messy bun.

I pouted at myself before I went my room out and closed the door behind me. I looked at my phone and saw that I still got 2 minutes before Kwangmin came to pick me up. I looked closer at my phone and saw that I got a message icon, right next to my digital time. 'Didn't I read a message?' I thought to myself while my fingers were slowly touching the message category.

Hundreds of messages revealed itself while there was only one being marked as unread, labeled with the name "Jinyoung". I sighed another time and opened it. 

 

Don't forget to take your medicine that I had put into your purse.

Sleep tight.

 Jinyoung x

 

I rolled my eyes as I had read his message. 'Really. Hanging around as a doctor. I know that already.' I said to the phone, like he could hear it. Then a cough rumbled inside my throat as I held a hand in front of my mouth. 'Damn. I'm still slightly sick.'

Then I heard something rumble in the room across mine. I heard blankets moving, a moan from someone I didn't want to see right now. A bottle of whiskey rolled away as I unconsciously hit it while stepping away. It clacked against the wall and the bottle slowed while rolling back to me. I picked it up and stared at it. 'Is this bottle not the one we had bought a few days before?' I thought to myself while examining the label. I held it upside down and saw that it was empty. 'She became drunk. Again.' I sighed in my head while I walked to the thrash bin and silently put it in there.

My stomach rumbled and I turned my way to the kitchen. It looked very messy with all the thrash and unfinished dishes. I took a plate from the shelve and saw that it was not cleaned very well. With a disgusted face and almost throwing up feeling, I put it next to the dishes. I then turned to the refrigerator and opened the door and as stupid habit of my mom, she forgot to do some grocceries. I touched the empty shelves while my stomach began to rumble again. I didn't have any breakfast. Not even a slice of bread.

With a sad feeling, I left the kitchen and patted my stomach. 'Seems like I have to get over it and start school with an empty stomach.' I pouted to myself. I grabbed my keys with the cute Doraemon and left the house. There was no need for me to hesitate if I forgot something. There won't even be things I would be missing if I had never had those. My mom doesn't like buying things for me, only neccesary things like a backpack and some clothes.

I inhaled the fresh air and looked around while my rumbling stomach was slowly taking the lead. 'Ssstt...!!' I hissed to my stomach. I spotted Kwangmin with Youngmin coming closer to me. I forced a smile and waved at them.

'Goodmorning.' Kwangmin sang. I chuckled and sang back. 'Goodmorning Kwangmin.' I waved at Youngmin since I wasn't really that familiar with him and started to walk with kwangmin.

'Ready for school?' he asked me. I narrowed my eyes and pouted. 'Oppa, when will someone be?' I teased. Kwangmin laughed and ruffled my hair. 'You tease .' he joked. I laughed and entered the school with him. There were a few girls surrounding a paper but I didn't bother to look at.

'Hey, have you seen the new staff here? He's cute right?' A girl asked her best friend. I turned my head in curiosity and tried to eavesdrop but as soon as the girl shook her head, they both changed from subject.

'Hey, what are they talking about?' I asked Kwangmin. Kwangmin looked up from his book and smiled. 'Ooh, yeah, when you were absent, the school got some problems with the staff. They fired half of them and hired some new. They will be working today.'

I made a 'OH' with my mouth and walked to my classroom. I threw my backpack on a empty chair and began to unpack it. First my pencil case, then my notebook and at last my journal. I sat down and again my stomach began to rumble and I was feeling a little lightly in my head. 'No, I should have bought some food on my way.' I thought while I put a hand onto my forehead. Kwangmin who sat next to me, poked me. I slightly moaned as he poked my bruise and smiled sourly, trying to hide the pain. 'Yeah?' I asked him. Kwangmin looked concerned as he saw me sitting in a strange pose. 'Are you alright?' he asked me. I nodded and smiled. 'Yes.' I assured him. Kwangmin softened his look and looked back in front of him while our teacher was explaining some weird chemistry. She was named Kahi and was in her mid-thirties. There was a time that I was being told that she was a very good dancer in a group called 'After school' but I wasn't really buying it. By the looks of it, she doesn't even look like someone who can dance, more like someone who works at an office and has a very busy schedule. 

She slammed with her stick on the black board as a few students weren't listening to her. My sight got blurry as I felt slightly nausea. Then a door opened itself, revealing a very special person. I immediatly lifted my head up in surprise as everyone held their breath in.

 

Who could it be? ^^

Yes, I know a little boring ^^

Please look forward to the next chapter ^^

and thanks for commenting, yes I know, her mother is  really bad !!

Ppyong~!! ^^

Smilecake out!