Special friend

I need you, my other half.

 

                “What’s on your mind, Hyung?” Sehun said as he wrapped him long arms around my waist. I was a little surprised as I was still walking down my memory lane, with Suho, off course, right next to me. “Nothing, thinking back to those times where this guy bullied me..,” I said as I put my hands on top of his, while kicking Suho with my left foot.

                “Only one day, Hyung! I don’t even ask you to clean my room yet..,” he said, darting his tongue out to me. “But you asked Sehun to do it, don’t you?” I asked, and I looked at him as if I was angry. He smiled to me, “Sehun’s the maknae, Hyung. Let him do things.”

                “You! Don’t bully him, or else..,” I said playfully, and Suho chuckled. “I don’t know Sehun had a boyfriend.. and a very protective one.” Hearing him said that, Sehun quickly let go of his back hug from me. I was feeling a little bit awkward as he did that, and Suho, too looked awkward. “I was just kidding though.”

                “He’s my Hyung, that’s why he treated me kindly, right Hyung?” Sehun said with a serious expression, but as he turned to me, he smiled cutely. “Right Hyung?” he asked again. I nodded, but somehow I felt, maybe a little bit hurt with that statement. Or maybe, it hurts a lot.

                I don’t know how exactly this kind of feeling, and I don’t even know what kind of feeling it was, came to me. There was a lot of incidents that made me realised I thought of Sehun as someone special to me, and let me help you (readers) to list it.

1.       One day, when Sehun got a small cut on his finger as he was playing around with Chanyeol( and I don’t know where did he get that, anyways), he himself doesn’t realised he got a cut, and I saw it first. I don’t even know why I tore my t-shirt, that I just bought just to bandage the cut. The small cut! I don’t even think twice about it though. Sehun looked at me, as he knew the shirt was still new(and I just wore it that day). He hugged me though, thanked me and kept on saying how grateful he felt to have a brother like me. Brother. Hyung.

 

2.       Suho was a bit moody that day. Well, most probably when he knew there was 2 new trainees added in the team, and one of them is older than him, named Wu Yi Fan, but we called him Kris. The other boy is young, and cute too. Kyungsoo, that’s his name. well, seeing Suho in this kind of mood, the kind hearted, happy-go-lucky Sehun wanted to cheer him up, so he decided to act cutely in front of Suho. And let me tell you, it was soooo cute!! Seriously, he danced goofily, and he kept on doing “ppuing ppuing” aegyo. If I was Suho, which I really hoped I was that time, I would probably die in his cuteness. But Suho, get annoyed and scolded my, no, our Sehunnie. I stood up and scolded Suho back, until Sehun asked me to stop. In the end, Sehun still apologized to Suho, for the reason of being rude to his hyung. Words can’t describe how I felt seeing him like that, polite and humble. 

 

3.       Kai(Jongin’s new stage name) kept on saying ‘My Sehunnie’. I really wanted to shout right in front of him, “My Sehun too!” and then I realised I sounded jealous and angry. I mean, I just realised it right after Kyungsoo and Chanyeol said I was making faces whenever Kai said it.

Sehun had always cared about me. He taught me a lot during dance practice when I first came, since I was a newbie that time. And since I’m a foreigner, I’m not used to eat Korean food. Every time we went out to have lunch or dinner, I would eat only a small portion. And later, during late night practice, my stomach would growl in hunger. Sehun had always shared me his bread, half for him and the other half for me. But most of the time, he gave it all to me.

Short Flashback (This time all EXO members are present as trainees)

                “Can we go and eat now, pleaseeee~~?” Chanyeol was on the floor, rolling side to side. He then grabbed Baekhyun, his roommate’s hand so that he can stand up. “There, there, Yeolie,” Baekhyun said, patting Chanyeol’s back as he hugged him tightly to support himself from collapsing due to hunger.

                “I guess we should go and eat now. Kris Hyung started to smile, and it looked scary!” Jongdae  said as he was hiding himself behind Tao. Kris was known to be a man with less smile in our team, and he only smile when he’s going to be angry or when he simply lose his mind.

                As all of us trainees went out from the practice room to go out and eat, Sehun grabbed my hands smiled. “follow me, Hyung!” I was clueless, but still, I felt somehow happy as Sehun hold my hands tightly. His hands are warm and soft. “Where are we going, Sehun-ah?” “Secrettt~~~”

                We walked on the busy street, hand in hand. While we were walking, Sehun’s phone suddenly rang.

“Hello?” he answered.

“No, I’m with Luhan Hyung..,” he said again as he looked at me, smiling. I felt warm inside, seeing his bright smile.

 “No, you don’t have to. Got to go, see you later Jjongie!” He turned off his phone right after that.

                “Kai?” I asked. He nodded, “he was searching for me. I told him I’m with you.” “oh.” He turned and looked at me again, “I told him to not to come with us,” he laughed a little. Deep inside, I felt so relieved. I really want to be with Sehun alone, without Kai. Kai and Sehun are bestfriends, they went to school together, both of them danced greatly, and they teach each other when there’s new dance routine. And somehow, I felt like it would be so lucky of me to be with Sehun like that. He’s such a loyal and kind friend.

                “Hyung! We’re here!” he said, as we entered a fancy Chinese restaurant. i smiled as I smelled familiar food that I really missed. “But I don’t have any money..,” I said as I looked at the tall boy. He smiled as he put both of his hands on my shoulder. “don’t worry Hyung! I got some.”

                “But, you told Suho you’re broke when he asked you to buy new shoes?” I asked curiously. “I’ve been saving some money for today.” Hearing him said that, I really wanted to cry. Sehun really like shoes, and he had always wanted to buy new shoes as his shoes were easily worn out. But he wanted to treat me out to lunch in this expensive restaurant. I was moved deeply, that I cried a little.

                “Hyung! Why? You don’t like it here??” he asked worriedly as he wiped my tears. I quickly shook my head, “you don’t have to do this, Sehun-ah..,” I said. He pinched my cheeks softly and smiled again. “No. I have to do this. I can’t stand watching you not eating well, Hyung. At least Tao Hyung can eat everything.” He brought me to the table, which was reserved under his name.

                “Eat a lot, Luhan-ssi!” Sehun said again. “I knew you missed your hometown dish, and I saw this in the advertisement near school. It says ‘for those who wanted to taste the real China food’. And it reminds me of you.” I smiled to him, as I wiped my flowing tears. “thank you, Sehun. I can’t describe how I felt now.. how thankful I am right now…,” “Eat a lot and smile, Hyung. That way I felt worth it,” he said again as he hold my hands tight. It somehow felt like a candle light dinner for the two of us, even when it was in the middle of the afternoon. And somehow, I felt like this is a date. A heart fluttering date. With my special friend.