bring it on, Kai.

I need you, my other half.

 

“Kai..” I said, as soon as I entered our practice room. Kai was sitting on the chair, talking to Taemin, who’s currently fixing his hair lovingly. He looked at me for a while, noticing that I was looking at his bruised hands.

                “uh, Taemin-ah. Can you leave us alone for a while?” Kai said with a smile towards Taemin. Taemin looked confused, but without much question, he stepped out of the room.

                “What’s up, Hyung? Up for round 2?” Kai said sarcastically. I couldn’t help but to cry a little, looking at him, wincing in pain.

                “L-Look, Kai.. I’m sorry.. I-I was..” “Don’t worry, Hyung. I’d act the same way if I was Sehun’s boyfriend.” He said as he patted the chair next to him, asking for me to sit next to him.

                “why don’t you tell me earlier?” “About what? Me knowing you guys dated or me knowing Lay Hyung did this?” I sighed. “Both.”

                “You wouldn’t believe me Hyung, I knew. I would always be the block in your relationship. I couldn’t tell you. Or Sehun.”

                “Sehun didn’t knew about L-Lay, right?” he shook his head. “Let it be our secret, please.” Kai whispered. I nodded. I took his hand and lock it with mine. He turned to me, confused.

                “Sorry, Kai. I was wrong.” I whispered softly. He flashed a smile, a warm smile to me. I smiled back, gripping his hands tighter. “Does it hurt?” “A lot, Hyung.” I wanted to cry, hearing his reply, as I rolled his t-shirt up, seeing bruises on his stomach. “But don’t worry, I got it covered. I'm pretty tough for my age, ya know?”

                “Thank God. I was stupid. I acted that way without any proof.” “But I thought that you would act like this to me, since I’m your competitor.” Both of us chuckled a bit, before falling into a silent atmosphere. "H-Hyung, your hand!" He gasped, looking at my hand, which has stopped bleeding but the scar was clearly visible. "Haha. It's kinda.. punishment. for hitting you and hurting Sehun." He shook his head in disbelief. "You seriously got issue in handling your anger, Hyung. I'm one of the punching bag to release your anger, huh?" "S-sorry.. I know I was violent.." as he laughed a bit, the silent atmosphere came, again.

                “Does Sehun knew you like him?” I asked. Out of curiosity. He chuckled and nodded a few seconds after. “I told him before he confessed to you. he asked me a lot about love towards another guy, and I told him that I had been liking him from the first day I met him.” “How did he respond then?” “He didn’t have to respond, I knew he liked you so much, so I told him that I will try to let go of my feelings, which..I'm currently trying to.”   

                “I gotta go, Hyung.” He stood up immediately. “Taemin’s waiting for me.” I nodded as I hugged him tightly, once again saying sorry to him. In my head, I never thought that Kai was this kind. He was totally acting tough, chic, and manly all the time. Seeing his soft side made me felt miserable for thinking bad things about him.

                Right before Kai was leaving the practice room, he turned around and look at me one more time.

                “Sehun’s in the locker room, if you’re looking for him.” I nodded again, smiling a bit. “Hyung, for your information, I’m still your enemy. Don’t forget that.” He said as he flashed a smile. I laughed a bit, before replying, “Bring it on, Kai.”