Trainee Life

I need you, my other half.

 

Luhan's Pov.               

“Oh Sehun, stop playing around!” said the dance instructor to our maknae. ‘Pfft, too strict on our baby.’ I thought to myself. That poor boy, all he was trying to do was to cheer us all up. Although,it was just jumping around and dancing goofily, and I guess the instructor’s annoyed.

                “Luhan!” hearing my name called, I knew exactly who that called me with that kind of happy, cheerful tone. “Joonmyeonie, what did I tell you, always??” I said as I wrapped my arms around his neck, kind of strangling him. “Ouch, ah ah!” he shouted loudly as if I was giving him so much pain.

                “I get it, I get it!” he shouted as I tightly wrapped my arms around his neck. “then say it!” I shouted playfully. “Luhan Hyung, Luhan Hyung!” as soon as he said it, I let him go. He was panting, coughing hard as he gasped for air. “Hyung, you’re getting tougher these past few days, so scary!” Suho said. I winked at him, “so that you won’t forget to call me Hyung.”

 

Flashback

 

                “This is the practice room, and make sure you kept your shoes on,” Henry told me as soon as I arrived right in front of the practice room. “the kids really like to play Sunbae/Hoobae kind of game,” he continued. I nodded, showing that I understood everything that he said. ‘Bully, that is.’

                Being the newest trainee in the company bothered me so much. I mean, who wouldn’t be afraid if you’re new, and you’re a foreigner? I’m from China, which bothered me so much as I can’t speak nor understand Korean language that well. But I passed the basics, though. Thank God, Henry was kind enough to teach me some points that I might need to survive in this trainee life. He even taught me what to do and don’t do in Korea. I guess he can relate to me, as he was foreigner himself too.

                “smile, Luhan.” Henry whispered, before he opened the practice room door, and right in front of me was 3 boys, practicing their butts off.

                “you guys, new meat coming through!” Henry said cheerfully as he put his hands around my shoulder. “He’ll be joining you all here.” I looked at them one by one. They have eye bags around their eyes, and they looked tired. Too tired.

                “Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Luhan.” I bowed to them. “Annyeong, Luhan!” all of them greet me in unison. “I’m Chanyeol, this is Jongin and this guy is…,” the tall boy got cut off by the guy who’s wearing a black hoodie. “Joonmyeon. Joonmyeon HYUNG.” He stressed out the word Hyung. I nodded, showing that I understand what he was trying to say. “Joonmyeon Hyung, annyeonghaseyo!” I bowed again, in front of him.

                Henry left me in the room with the boys. And let me tell you, it was soooo awkward. Chanyeol kept on grinning, Jongin was watching me through the mirror. And the Hyung, directly looked at my face. ‘Bully time, now?’ I thought to myself.

                “So, Luhan..” Joonmyeon asked as he step closer towards me. “Yes, Hyung?” I said politely. “you got a pretty face..,” he said again as he hold my chin up. “Thank you, Hyung.” “are you going to be the face of the group, then?” he asked. Jongin quickly answered, “no way, our visual must be Sehunnie. He’s the ullzzang!” he smiled cheerfully. “Yah, I’m the visual too, okay?” Chanyeol said to Jongin. “Whatever.” Jongin mumbled.

                ‘Sehunnie?’ so there’s actually one more trainee here too. And I can’t seem to find him here. “but now that you mentioned it, you and Sehunnie looked similar..,” Joonmyeon said again.

                I was asked to bring water to the 3 Sunbae trainees. ‘well, it’s better than cleaning their clothes or what..,’ I thought silently. As I was going to the water cooler, suddenly a guy out of nowhere ran towards me. All of a sudden, I was on the floor, and the paper cups were all over the place.

                “sorry, sorry! I was in a hurry!” the boy said again, helping me to get up. “It’s okay..,” I said politely. I looked to the boy’s face, and he was sweating hard. He caught me looking at him, and quickly looked puzzled. “I.. I have never seen you before..,” he said. “ah, annyeonghaseyo, I’m Luhan! I’m new here.” I said, as I bowed to him. “ah, new trainee? I see. I see.” As both of us stood up, he introduced himself. God, he's tall! he smiled, but not just smiling, he smiled with his eyes too.

“I’m Oh Sehun.”

 

please comment and subscibe! your love is very much appreciated!~