exo - ?

I need you, my other half.

 

Kai ran to our practice room with a panic look on his face. Sehun was lying on my lap as I just slowly starting to fell asleep during break. Sehun immediately wake up and went to Kai as he saw the boy’s expression.

                “Jongin-ah, what’s wrong?” he said worriedly as he saw his best friend was panting, sweats running on his face. Kai put his hands on Sehun’s shoulder, gasping for air. I stood up and went near the two. Sehun was totally worried, I swear. His expression was nervous, he was worried that something is wrong with Kai. He looked at me, and looked back at Kai.

                “Kai, tell me!” he slightly shouted as he shook Kai’s shoulder. Kai coughed a little as Sehun wiped his sweats on his face with his towel that he slung on his neck. “Kai, is there’s something wrong?” I asked as I was also worried. But still, I was a little jealous at the attention Sehun was giving to Kai.

                “Sehun, Hyung..” he said, as he held our hands. “The line up for debut is up..”

~                                                                                             ~                                                                                             ~

                “Everyone’s here?” our manager said, as he counted. “Where’s Baekhyun and Chanyeol?” he asked Kris, which Kris shook his head as a reply. We all actually know where those two were right at that time. That is, in town. Chanyeol kept on begging Baekhyun to buy him chocolate cheese cake that he dearly loved in one bakery shop, and Baekhyun surely can’t resist as Chanyeol used his attacking method. Yes, kissing method. After a few kisses (which all of us saw in the cafeteria), the two sneaked out to town.

                “Sorry we’re late!!” Baekhyun said, holding hands with Chanyeol as the two panted, must be running all the way after Suho called them a few times. “We were.. in the restroom.” Chanyeol lied, causing all of us laughed a little, but still covering from our manager. Sehun hold my hands tight, he was looking pretty nervous. “Are you okay, Hunnie?” I asked, worried. He shook his head as he replied, “I’m afraid, Hyung..” “Why?” I lifted his head up, caressing his cheeks. “the line up.. I might not debut with you…” I hugged him tight as I heard he said that. “No, Sehun-ah. We will debut. Together, me and you.”

                “Okay. Everyone’s here now, right?” “Yes!” we answered loudly. I can’t help but to sigh nervously. We worked hard for this. We all did. I just hope things go our way.

                “Debut is in 4 months.” Upon hearing those words, all of us can’t help but to whine a little. We’ve heard that a lot, in fact, for 2 years in a row. “No! don’t get me wrong. This is real. I got the list here.” Our manager said, as he lift the paper on his hand. all of us were smiling, starting to think about our group name, stage, songs, dance and whatever that can run through our heads.

                “What’s our group name, Hyung?” Suho asked, impatiently. “EXOPLANET. E-X-O.” the sound of awe and excitement can be heard in the room. Chanyeol was especially in joy, he was dancing goofily next to me.

                “But then, not all of you are in a group.” “NOT ALL???!” almost all of us were shouting. No. it can’t be like this! “Hyung, you told us we’ll be together, ALL 12 of us!” Kai shouted slightly, as Sehun patted his back and telling him to take it easy.

                “Let me finish, kids. God, you guys are getting sensitive nowadays.” Our manager sighed as he look at us with an angry expression. “Sorry, Hyung.” Suho said.

                “Okay, so this is how thing goes. 12 of you will debut. But separated to 2 groups. One is EXO-M and one is EXO-K. so today I’m gonna tell you who’s in what group.” Sehun gripped my hands tight. He was surely nervous. He his lips again and again. “Hey, relax..” I whispered to his ear. He looked at me, like he was ready to cry any time. “Hyung, we will definitely be separated.”

                I gulped hard. Thinking of what Sehun just said made me nervous too. I wasn’t thinking about that just now. Now that I realised I would be in EXO-M, since I am from China. And Sehun..

                “Minseok, EXO-M.” our manager said, making all of us stared at him in confusion. “But, Minseok’s Korean..” Kris said. “No, this is not based on where you were born. For example, Yi Xing, you’re in EXO-K, and you’re Chinese.” all of us now get what our manager was saying. And I can’t help but to spare some hope, so I can be with my beloved Sehun.

“Okay, so let’s continue. Kris, Zi Tao, in EXO-M.” “Thank God!” Kris slightly exclaimed as he hold Tao’s hands. I envied them. “Baekhyun, Joonmyun, EXO-K.” “Oh, no. Please. How bout me?!” Chanyeol frantically whispered as Baekhyun patted his back, whispering ‘we’ll be together’ to the younger.

“Kyungsoo, EXO-K.” “Luhan, Jongdae In EXO-M.” I nodded nervously. Sehun was already crying next to me. Chanyeol, Kai and Sehun were left. Seriously, the tension is killing me. “Jongin, EXO-K.” ‘Please, Sehun. With me. not with Kai.’

“So who’s left? Oh, Chanyeol, Sehun?” “ I’m in M. no!” Chanyeol cursed slowly, but seeing Baekhyun slightly cried, he hugged the older, tears too rolling on his face. But my boy cried too, so I can’t even help to cry along.

“What’s with the tears? Both of you will debut too!” our manager said as he saw the situation. I wiped Sehun’s tears. He can’t look at me properly.

“Chanyeol, K. Sehun, M.” “, yes! Yeolie, yes! Yeolie, we..” Baekhyun shouted out loud before Chanyeol kissed him on his lips, crying in happiness. “ooo..okay I got it now, the reason for those tears..” our manager said as he leave the room, laughing.

“Hyu..ng” I turned to the boy next to me, and a few seconds later he hugged me tight. “Thank God! Oh, thank you God!” I said out loud, kissing the younger’s forehead for a few times.

 Then I realised, Kai was no longer in the room.