Chapter 9

A Nightmare Turns Into A Magical Dream (under editing c;)

[AUTHOR’S POV]

 

You were hugging Sehun and tears blurred your vision. You let him go and wiped your tears. “Yah! Why did you hide it from me?” You asked. “It’s not my intension to hide it from you. I don’t know too. I feel like this is not the right time to tell it to you. I don’t have the chance to explain.” Sehun answered. “But why?” You just looked at him with your swollen eyes. “It’s a long story. Maybe I’ll tell you in the right place and the right time. Please. Not now.” Sehun said. You just looked down. Sehun messed your hair and gave you a huge smile. “Don’t cry, twinkle. It hurts my heart.” You just nodded and gave him a smile. You just pretended that you’re fine. You stood up and bowed. “Until next time, Hunnie. I’m going now. Maybe Yura is looking for you now. I’m sorry.” You turned your look way out of the library. “Hunnie-ah, Thanks for everything. I don’t want to let Yura to know about this conversation. I know you love her. Please take care of her. I’m going now.” You continued walking until you reached the school gates. You were looking down while walking. You’re out of your mind. It’s been a while since you haven’t meet your first love. It’s so nice to hear again your favorite nickname but it hurts you so much. Tears fell on your face. You went to a park near to the ddeokbeokki restaurant you’re working. You sat on the bench and just look at the stars. “Mom, I want to be with you now. I can’t take this life anymore. I want to be happy and have a freedom.” You whispered. “This is the worst day ever.”

 

----

 

Weeks had passed.

 

It was a quiet and boring afternoon. There are only five costumers on the restaurant. You’re just on the counter, doing some math problems. “It’s so boring today. I want to go home and sleep.” You whispered. You heard the door of the restaurant is opening. *Another costumer? No. It’s KAI.* You sighed and just resumed doing the math problem. “you-ah! Good afternoon! How’s the restaurant?” Kai asked. You just ignored him. “Hey! What are you doing?” Kai ran to the counter and checked on what are you doing. “You’re doing a math problem. Aish~ there’s a costumer there? You’re not paying attention to your work.” You stood up and check if there’s a costumer. *Aish! I know that he’s just kidding.* You slightly hit him and gave him a death glare. “Don’t be so noisy. Mr. Kim, just go home, make your homework or clean your mansion.” You suggested. “I don’t want. I want to help you here.” Kai get the apron and wear it. You can’t help it but to giggle. *He’s a weird guy.* “Yah! Take it off. You look like a girl... but cute.” You whispered. “What?” Kai asked. “Nothing. Just take that off.” Kai shook his head. “I heard something... Did I hear the word ‘cute’?” You just smirked and get back to your work. When Kai is in the ddeokbeokki restaurant, many girls are going to our restaurant just to see him. He usually came to your restaurant just to play with you, chat with you and sometimes he wants to help you. Kai knows you well. What you likes, what are the things that you hate and most of all Kai is your diary. You tell him with you feels. He’s like an open book that’s ready to hear your stories even though it’s kind of boring. How about Sehun? Sehun didn’t tell you anything because it’s not the ‘right time’. When you’re at school and met him on the gym, it’s like you don’t know each other. You don’t want to ruin his image too. Being the school kingka is not a joke. 

 

 

-----

 

“Kai! I don’t have any work today. I want to go to somewhere. My stepmom gave me a day-off today. She’s not in the house too. Christmas is coming so they left me and have a vacation.” You gave him a huge smile. “But why they left you?” Kai asked. “I just told them to leave me. I want to have a freedom just for this week. Can we just enjoy this week?” You suggested. “You’re right.” You and Kai went to the Myeondeong to buy some Christmas gifts. “Kai-ssi, do you usually celebrate your Christmas alone?” Kai gave you a nod. “I see. Then, were just the same.” You said. You and Kai arrived on an accessory shop. *What gift am I going to give to Kai?*