Chapter 30

Escaping

Jonghyun was relieved when Leeteuk came to visit him a couple hours later. 

He reached for the remote and turned the TV off, turning his head to watch Leeteuk walk over to his bed, smiling.

"What are you so happy about, hyung?" He asked.

"Well...there's a lot to choose from. It could be because I just found out that we were nominated the Best Male Group of the year. Or maybe it -"

Jonghyun interrupted. "Chincha?! That's great, hyung! Congratulations!"

Leeteuk smiled and brushed back his bangs. "Thanks, Jonghyun. The winners haven't been announced yet though. Hopefully we won."

"There's no doubt you'll win, hyung." Jonghyun smiled at him. "Fighting!"

Leeteuk cleared his throat. "The other reason I could be happy is that..."

He paused for dramatic effect, glancing sidelong at Jonghyun.

"Well?"

"You will be released from this 'boring hell hole', as you've so kindly dubbed it, in exactly..." He glanced at his watch. "One hour and fifteen minutes."

Jonghyun felt like screaming with joy.

"Thank the lord! I thought I was going to rot in here for eternity!"

Leeteuk laughed, which caused Jonghyun to laugh as well.

Leeteuk reached over and gave him a gentle pat on the shoulder.

"Well, you're coming home with us."

Jonghyun hesitated.

He had thought about it all day. He wanted to. He wanted to stay with them so badly...but the risks were so high that he'd be caught.

Super Junior's managers practically lived at the SM building, but that didn't mean they didn't visit the dorm often. He could hide for a little bit...but he was almost sure they'd find him eventually.

"What's wrong?" Leeteuk asked him.

"...Um...hyung, please don't be offended but...I can't stay with you guys."

Jonghyun wasn't sure what reaction he had been expecting from Leeteuk, but he was a little surprised when Leeteuk merely nodded his head and sighed.

"I knew you were going to say that." Super Junior's leader was silent for a second, then grinned at him. "So, I took the liberty of thinking of things to say to convince you to stay with us! I thought about this all day!"

Jonghyun blinked at him.

"Chincha? Hyung, you seriously need to get a life." He teased, making Leeteuk laugh again.

He flicked him on the forehead. "Hush, you."

"So...what was your brilliant plan to convince me to stay with you? 'Cause I've been thinking of this all day and all the reasons why I shouldn't."

Leeteuk looked disappointed.

"Oh..."

Jonghyun looked down sadly. "Sorry, hyung...please tell me the reasons why I should stay, because I really want to."

Leeteuk didn't look at him and traced his finger along the surface of the bedside table he was sitting next to, grimacing at how dusty it was. He whipped the dust on his pants before speaking.

"Well, we could hide you. Siwon has one of those pull out beds...you know one of those beds that has another one underneath it that you can pull out? It has a big enough gap for us to hide you under if the manager's are over or if other idols are over. The manager never comes into our rooms anyway when he checks in on us."

Jonghyun nodded slowly. "Okay...but do you plan on keeping me under the bed forever? When will you know when people are coming over? I don't know about yours, but our manager gave us no warning as to when he'd be coming back."

"Our manager's call all of the time...You shouldn't worry so much, Jjong. They wouldn't even think about looking for you at our dorm. Think about it, how ridiculous would that sound? 'SHINee's Jonghyun, who had ran away from SM, found in Super Junior's dorm'?"

Jonghyun chuckled nervously. "Y-yeah...I guess."

"Jonghyun, nothing will happen." Leeteuk placed his hand on Jonghyun's knee, looking him in the eye. "I swear it. Just stay there a couple days at least...if you still don't feel comfortable and confident you won't be found...I'll take you back to your apartment."

Jonghyun hesitated...then nodded. "Fine. Just a couple days though...I'm leaving the second I think your managers suspect something, though."

"I'd be worried if you didn't."

 

 

Jonghyun sat in the passengers seat beside Leeteuk, who was driving one of the company's vans. 

He looked away from the scenery outside the tinted windows to glance at Leeteuk, smiling.

Leeteuk seemed to notice his staring and turned to grin at him briefly before focusing his attention back on the road.

"What are you so happy about?" He quoted Jonghyun's earlier words with a smile, turning the steering wheel to the right.

The to a small one way, surrounded by houses and cars on either side. 

"I'm happy because I'm out of that place and I'll be staying with you and the rest of the hyungs."

Leeteuk hummed happily. "I asked Kyuhyun to drive over to your apartment and retrieve your things yesterday. I hope you don't mind."

Jonghyun rose an eyebrow. 

"I thought Kyuhyun-hyung couldn't drive very well...you trusted him to go by himself?" He snickered. "And then how did he get in? I don't have any spare keys."

Leeteuk shrugged. "Our Kyuhyunnie has his ways."

Jonghyun shot up in his seat. "You mean he broke into my house?!"

Leeteuk laughed and slapped his hand against the steering wheel. "Of course not! That's not what I meant!" 

Jonghyun grinned. "So he didn't break in?"

Leeteuk shook his head. "I don't think so...you'll have to ask him. He probably just asked your landlord for a spare."

Jonghyun was about to retort that 'I'm scared if my landlord gives out my room key to any random person that asks! What if Kyuhyun-hyung would have been a thief?!", when Leeteuk exclaimed that they were there.

Jonghyun felt nervous all of the sudden.

"Hyung?" He asked quietly. "How are we going to get inside without anyone seeing me?"

Leeteuk bit his lip.

"Too bad we're not from Harry Potter. We could use an invisibility cloak..."

Jonghyun laughed. "Yah!" He lightly slapped Leeteuk on the arm. "That's not helping any!"

Once Jonghyun's laugher faded, it was quiet for a time, the both of them thinking of what to do.

"If I try and hide you, people will be more suspicious...but if we just walk right in like nothing happened, people could see your face and take pictures, which wouldn't be good."

Jonghyun nodded. "So...what do we do?"

Leeteuk suddenly smirked, a mischievous look in his eyes.

"How do you feel dressing up as a girl?"