Chapter 23

Escaping

Onew ignored his phone.

He knew who it was without even looking at the caller ID.

Jonghyun should just give up.

I'm not going to answer no matter how many times you call, Kim Jonghyun.

He stared out the window of the taxi, scowling at nothing. Normally he loved looking at all the lights around Seoul at night, but tonight he could have cared less.

He couldn't believe this. He hadn't even known where Kyuhyun had been taking him and he had gotten screamed at.

The silence in the car was tense, like a thick blanket had been smothered over them.

He could feel the anger still radiating off of Kyuhyun and he wanted to say something to calm him down, but he couldn't think of anything. 

"Onew..." Kyuhyun finally mumbled, just as they were almost to SHINee's dorm. 

Onew looked up from the window, staring at the back of Kyuhyun's head. "Yeah, hyung?"

"...Are you still drunk?"

Onew laughed a little. "I'm not sure, hyung."

"How much did you have?" Kyuhyun asked. 

Onew could tell that the conversation had momentarily Kyuhyun's mind off of Jonghyun, so he kept it going.

"Just two bottles of soju...the manager had left them in the fridge."

Kyuhyun chuckled. "Then you won't remember tonight then, once tomorrow comes around."

Onew sighed. "I sure hope not."


Minho opened his eyes, blinking back sleep, confused as to why the door was opening. Was it the manager-hyung?

He honestly couldn't think of anyone else who would be coming into the dorm so late at night.

He laid still in the darkness for a couple of minutes, trying to determine who it was. 

The footsteps sounded too light to be the manager, which confused him even more.

His eyes shot open.

It had to be Jonghyun!

A large smile on his face, Minho leapt from the bed and raced to open the door, starling Roo awake.

"Sorry, Roo. Guess what? You're dad's home! Jonghyun-hyung is home!"

Roo rose to her little legs and, sensing the excitement without really knowing what was going on but knowing that he heard Jonghyun's name, followed Minho out the door and into the living room, barking all the while.

"Shh! Hush Byulroo! You'll wake everyone up!" Minho scolded, though he couldn't deny that he was as happy as the dog and just as loud too.

"Jonghyun-hyung~! You're home!"

His and Roo's excitement faded when they saw Onew and Kyuhyun at the door, in the process of taking off their coats. They were both standing still, looking at Minho with wide eyes.

"M-Minho...what are you doing up so late?" Onew mumbled, not mentioning the fact that Minho had thought that he were Jonghyun.

"I...I just heard the door open, hyung..." He whispered, trying to hide his disappointment.

"...I took him out for awhile, Minho. I'm sorry he came back so late." Kyuhyun said, telling the truth. He was no longer angry, just tired and stressed.

"Oh. It's okay, hyung." Minho offered a weak smile. 

Kyuhyun smiled back.

"Alright."

"Hyung...are you feeling better now?" Minho asked, turning his attention back to Onew.

Onew hesitated.

No, he defiantly did not feel better...even though it was nice to see Jonghyun safe.

Even though he was lying, Onew nodded, trying to show Minho that he was alright even if he didn't feel it. He hated making them worry.

Minho nodded, seeming to be relieved.

"That's great hyung!" Minho smiled up at Kyuhyun. "Thank you, hyung."

Kyuhyun glanced at Onew, giving him a knowing look, but smiled back at Minho. "It's not a problem."

"Minho..." Onew called softly, clearing his throat and fidgeting slightly.

"Yeah, hyung?"

"You should go back to sleep. We have schedules early tomorrow."

Minho didn't look like he wanted to leave yet, but he did as Onew requested and, with bows to both of his hyungs, he snatched Roo up from the floor and returned back to his room.

Onew looked at Kyuhyun and smiled.

"Thank you, hyung. I feel better knowing he's safe."

Kyuhyun nodded, though he didn't return the smile.

"I called him - Jonghyun, that is... I was so surprised when he picked up, I honestly wasn't expecting an answer, I had just wanted to make sure that he was alright." He said slowly. "He told me how hard it was on him and it broke my heart. I knew he wanted someone there, to tell him it was going to be okay...I knew that he needed you, Jinki, not me."

Onew stared at Kyuhyun with wide eyes.

"W-What?"

"That's why I brought you with me tonight. I thought that he had wanted you there...I guess I was wrong and I'm sorry."



And that's the end of THIS chapter~! ...I'm sorry it's so lame. T.T It's not really an important chapter...

GOOD NEWS THOUGH! My awesome reader: BluePhoenix has helped me a LOT and suggested more for this story :D Thank you SOOOO MUCH again~! You really don't know how much I appreciate it. I was so stuck on where to go with this story that I wasn't even sure if I'd be able to continue it without it being absolute crap. T_T So, luckily, thanks to BluePhoenix I now where I'll be going with the rest of this story!! WHOHOHOHOOOO! So guys! Thank them if you get the chance ;) And also, because of this chapter being so...un-satisfying...I'm going to be writing another one real quick and posting it as soon as possible - which means in the next couple of hours or so. Thank you everyone ^^

I'm adding more characters other than Kyuhyun in the story...like more of Super Junior as a whole, so, for all you ELFs...I'm giving you more Super Junior! HURRAY! XP

Are you okay with that Kyuhyun?

KH: Ani. (no)

I guess not...

KH: I hate you now...

KH: I can't believe you'd do this to me...