Chapter 13

Escaping

 

Hahaha! Yet another chapter for you faithful readers! ^.^ I also tried to make this a bit of a more lighthearted chapter as well - but with a hidden (or not so hidden) layer underneath. ANYWAY, I'm not going to spoil anything...I'll let you all spoil it for yourselves X3 But anyway, as promised, I'm dedicating this chapter to a commenter. The authors I dedicate it too are completley random, soooo~ fr_hanna this chapter is dedicated to you! :D Thank you so much for reading this story and I hope you continue reading ^.^ 

P.S.: ALSO, you guys remember when I asked for requests for who you wanted in the story? Like what artists or specific kpop artists? Well the request is still open and you can request away! ^0^ I have one request for 2PM (by my faithful reader, Notperfect) who I am planning on adding to the story sometime soon down the road, but I'd like more if possible :) I'd also appreciate any plot ideas too, if you can think of anything. OH! And also = if any of you want or can make posters for this story, please do so :D I'd love to have an awesome poster for this!

Thank you all so much~!


Jonghyun woke sometime in the middle of the night, tired and disoriented.

It took him a second to remember what all had happened a few hours before and to realize that it hadn’t just been a bad dream, but had been real. Very, very real.

He sighed and ran his hand through his bangs, thinking through everything he had told himself before he had fallen asleep.

You can do this, Jonghyun. You need to. It’ll be better for everyone.

Jonghyun laid there, spread eagled across his bed, trying to reassure himself for a solid ten minutes before finally finding the courage to carry out his plan.

It’ll be okay.

He rose somewhat regretfully from his soft, warm bed, untangling himself from his sheets and wincing when he accidently brushed his hips against the mattress, sending pain through his spine and breaking open the newly made scabs.

It was difficult to see in the dark, even though Jonghyun knew the room by heart, but he managed his way to the dresser without bumping into anything, though he did almost trip over Roo who had been sleeping in the middle of the room, spread out across the carpet.

He pulled the drawer open as quietly as he could, trying not to wake Minho – which was no easy task since the rapper was a fairly light sleeper, unlike Onew who you could try to wake up for ten minutes and still have no success.

Jonghyun breathed a sigh of relief when he was able to retrieve a dark gray hooded sweatshirt of Minho’s, his own had been borrowed by Key, from his drawer without waking him up.

Maybe I should be a spy or something. If I can stay quiet enough to not wake even Minho up…I’m perfect for the job!

Okay, Jonghyun. This is no time for joking around. You have business to attend too.

With a soft sigh of remorse, Jonghyun focused himself back on his task at hand. He made his way as quietly as he could to the door – until he managed to trip over the shirt he had tossed to the floor earlier that night and a pair of Minho’s soccer shoes. He fell foreword and managed to catch himself on the doorframe, but not without making a lot of noise.

He swore a thousand times in his head.

Forget being a spy!

He heard Minho snort and saw the second youngest sit up in his bed now that his eyes had somewhat adjusted to the light. Minho’s hair was all over the place and he blinked rapidly, bringing up a hand to wipe the tiredness from his eyes.

“Jonghyun-hyung?” Minho’s voice was slurred with sleep. “Is that you?”

Jonghyun tensed.

Well…damnit…

“Yeah, Minho…it’s me. Sorry I woke you up.” He said softly, swallowing hard, his voice choking slightly with emotion.

After tomorrow, I may not get to see him again.

“It’s okay, hyung…what -” Minho yawned, interrupting himself. “What are you doing up this late?”

“I-I…umm…”Great. Now I have to think of an excuse. “I-I need to go call Se Kyung…I also have to pee.”

Minho blinked at Jonghyun, obviously confused.

“Call Shin Se Kyung? At this hour?” Minho looked over at the clock he had on his bed side table. “Hyung, it’s 2:30 in the morning!”

Jonghyun shushed him quickly.

“Quiet, you’ll wake the whole apartment building! And I’m well aware of the time, Mr. Smarty-Pants!” He scolded. He hesitated a fraction of a second before adding: “It’s important.”

Jonghyun could almost see Minho roll his eyes.

“Fine…” The rapper mumbled.

“Now go back to sleep.” Jonghyun ordered.

Minho nodded obediently, perfectly fine with returning to bed, and fell back down onto his pillow.

“Goodnight.” Jonghyun whispered and glanced at Roo, who had also been woken up by the noise and was grinning up at his master, his tail wagging.

He smiled softly at the puppy.

“…You take care of them Roo. You’re the man of the house now.” He whispered.



 

Eeeh...I know this is kind of a short chapter, but I have homework to do and wanted to write something for you guys, even if it's not the best thing in the world. I promise I'll try to update this story regularly (I can do that now~! School is out in about 4 weeks! Hip hip hurray!), but I can't guarantee anything yet. Hmm...so, what do you all think of the chapter? I love trying to portray the relationship between the members: Onew and Taemin in the last chapter, Onew throughout the whole story and how he cares about all of them and is unwilling to hurt any of them, Jonghyun and Minho (even though not much is shown in the chapter except for how they can joke around with one another a little bit), and hopefully soon some relationships with Key and the others. I've just realized that poor Kibummie isn't in here as much as I would have liked T.T I think it's 'cause Jonghyun and Onew are my biases...that's what I'm blaming it on XD 

What do you think Jonghyun's plan is? He mentioned to Minho that he wanted to talk to Shin Se Kyung, his girlfiriend. Was he telling the truth? If so, what was he going to talk to her about? Is he going to break up with her? Run away with her? Hmm...the last line could be a big give away...darnit...I hope you guys don't figure it out too quickly~ I want to have SOOOOME~ suspense! XD

...Why do I feel like most of this chapter is author notes?? (That's because it is! Hahahaha!) ...Shut up annoying voice that is Key in my head. It only makes up HALF. Anyway...I'm a little sugar high at the moment...so I'm being completly random...I'm sorry T.T