Twelve

Flow Like Waves

When the evening arrived, Tzuyu had returned in time to have dinner, but finding the living room dark and not hearing any sound made her immediately worry "I'm home!"

She received no response and, worried because it had never happened before, she hurried across the corridor to reach the adults bedroom. She slowly opened the door, finding her older sister asleep and with earphones in her ears, the volume of the music so loud that she could distinguish the words of the song that was there at that moment.

"What a bad habit, you just can't get rid of this" she gently took them off, noting how Sally moved immediately afterwards to curl up on herself. She put a blanket over her, after which she left the room to find Nayeon.

She was only able to realize the situation after noticing the lack of several items, but she only confirmed her fears after finding a bracelet she knew very well on her bed. She knew how much Nayeon cared about it and her heart had lost a beat just at the sight.

She grabbed that chain and ran to her sister's room "what the does all this mean? Tell me where is Nayeon!"

Sally woke up with a start, putting a hand on her tired face "don't scream, I beg you" she had spoken in a disjointed and confused way.

"Nayeon is not there and you have obviously been drinking, tell me what happened or I'll start screaming just to annoy you"

"She left"

"What did you do to her this time?"

The blonde was rubbing her head, shedding her mask of a perfect person and allowing herself to be vulnerable "I acted like the I am and she left me, she realized that she was under my influence all this time and made a drastic decision"

Tzuyu's eyes were fixed on the figure of her sister, heedless of the tears they were shedding "in the end you did it, you destroyed our family just like mom and dad did. Now we are on the abandonment part so I wonder when it will arrive the day when I won't even find you waiting for me at home"

"I swore to myself that I would never leave you" she slowly got out of bed, cautiously approaching her little sister to wipe her cheeks "I know I'm a bad person and that in the near future I will do some bull during a moment of anger, but I could never leave you alone. I also know you hate me and you have every right to, but I'm sure I can take care of you and the same goes for Nayeon. She left you that bracelet to let you know that, separated or not, we are still a family"

By then Tzuyu's silent cry had turned into a desperate one "why can't you always be so good and mature? Why did you have to screw it up?"

"I'm sorry little monster, I'm really sorry" she had held her close, as she had never done before.

 

 

 

 

 

Mina had just made a mistake that had finished demolishing her bad mood: she had gone to browse the Instagram profile of Chaeyoung's ex, an action in itself wrong and rather masochistic, displaying by mistake the stories of the day, finding there a photo of a local and then an image of those two together.

She tried to convince herself that she had seen wrong, but she could not deny in the face of the evidence and had moved on to the stage of fake indifference in a desperate attempt to feel tough "if she likes to be fooled than that's okay, I don't care in the least if she prefers to be with her"

She threw her cell phone on the pillow, throwing herself on the mattress to fill it with fists "I'm a moron, it's not true that I don't care"

"Seen from the outside you look like someone who needs to wear a beautiful and fashionable straitjacket. Come on, I'll ask to make a colored one so as not to spoil your mood even more" Sharon literally threw herself on her, resting her chin on her head "what happened?"

"Let's see if you can guess, there's a nice pizza up for grabs"

"You must like that faded highlighter just so much for being reduced to whimpering like a brat, when it would be enough for you to put one foot out of the house to have all the girls you want" she was her hair with all the delicacy she had "but I don't feel like judging your situation because I think I can finally understand you"

Mina whirled around, butting her sister and looking at her with evident amazement "eh? Did you say you understand me?"

"I think so, even if our situations are different. Let's say that I understand your state of mind and your feelings" she sat up, her chin resting on her knees and her gaze lost who knows where. She was so engrossed in her thoughts that she ignored the blush that was forming on her cheek, caused by the beating the blonde gave her.

"Who are you? What have you done to my silly and annoying little sister?" she pinched her on her thigh, surprised that she didn't get a kick as an answer "you're in pain, right? You can't pretend and it shows you're hiding something"

Sharon couldn't look her in the eye "I thought a lot about the things you said to me when I behaved stupid with Dahyun and I have to agree with you because it is true that I wanted her attention, but I realized I was not satisfied and it's hurting. I would like a lot more, but we don't even talk and she has every right to want to avoid me"

"Maybe you should learn to be more honest with yourself, I think the time has come to face this obstacle. If I asked you to tell me how you feel about her what would you answer me? Tell me the first thing that comes to mind, no matter how it may seem stupid to you"

"I wish I could explain it in a decent way, but let's say that when I think back to the things we did together I feel a strange sensation in my belly and, imagining her with someone else, what I feel is a strong and annoying grip in the stomach. I would like to apologize to her and try to make up for my mistakes, but at the same time I don't feel I have done something so wrong that I have to apologize. I don't know what I feel, I just know that I miss Dahyun"

Mina's arms had wrapped her delicately "everything you are feeling is part of love, the strange but pleasant sensation is the butterflies in the stomach, while the annoying one is caused by jealousy"

"How do you fight all this? I don't want to fall in love with a person who, because of my mistakes, doesn't even want to send me a message. I want to have fun with whoever I want and not think about her when I'm with someone, it's asking too much?"

"You can live with it, if you just don't feel like fighting for her. It'll hurt for a while, but if you feel like you don't want to change your lifestyle because of your feelings, I'm no one to judge you. You have all my support, as long as you don't make anyone cry anymore"

"I love you, you are the only person who does not point the finger at me" Sharon's grip had become stronger, so much so that it prevented Mina from breathing well.

The older had given her three light pats on her back, a code they used to use when their hugs were too tight but didn't want to ruin their rare moments of tenderness. By doing so they could continue to be in each other's arms as comfortably as possible.

The girl, having taken some time to reflect, was pouting "you changed the subject to make me talk, you're a bad person"

"I have every right to know what's on your mind"

"Then I too want to know how you are"

Mina had rolled her eyes "you are unbearable when you do this, I have nothing more to say about my situation with Chae"

"You shouldn't call her a diminutive given how she treated you, replace it with a well-articulated insult and you'll see that you'll feel better"

"Go to sleep, talking to you is more tiring than going to work" she closed her eyes, suddenly sleepy.

Sharon hadn't moved to the side of the bed she was lying on, intending to be next to her sister when she woke up in tears, something that sadly happened every night.

 

 

 

 

 

A night of tears and reflections had been enough to make her make a decision and the next day, without notifying anyone, Tzuyu had dragged her girlfriend in front of Nayeon's father's house. However, her confidence wavered before she could press the doorbell button.

"Something wrong? Are you feeling unwell?" Sana was her back, worried "you're pale as a sheet"

"What if she doesn't want to see me?"

"Why wouldn't she want to see you?"

The younger was looking at the ruined toe of her shoes "I look a lot like my sister and seeing my face could make her feel bad"

"It's a legitimate concern, but I'm sure Nayeon isn't the kind of person who focuses on similarity. She has always loved you despite her ups and downs with your sister, isn't that enough proof for you?"

"I don't feel ready, let's go" she turned to leave, stopping in place and barely holding back her tears.

Nayeon was walking distance from the two girls, a shopping bag in one hand and the cell phone in the other, at ear level "Jih, I'll call you later, my sister has arrived" she was smiling "I'll be there, you can stay ready!"

The first thing the blonde did after closing the phone call was to fill Tzuyu's face with kisses, reserving the same treatment for Sana "come inside, this morning I made tiramisu and I think it's perfect for having a snack all together"

She was always the sunny person everyone knew, even if her smile was less wide and her movements seemed less clumsy. She had made them sit in the kitchen, looking at them with her eyes shining "so.. I know you are a couple"

Sana had almost choked on cocoa "did you know? Don't tell me you told her" she glared at the blue-haired girl, getting one thumb up.

"I didn't do it of my own free will, she was the one who understood it since the day we kissed" Tzuyu's attention was mostly on the dessert she was eating, but a small detail did not escape her eyes "you're blushing, adorable"

"If tiramisu doesn't choke you, I'll do it myself"

Nayeon hadn't said anything during that little bickering, she just observed them with a look full of affection "you are beautiful together"

They entered into a cheerful conversation full of memories of the new couple, who, even if recently formed, had a lot to tell. However, after some time, Tzuyu's gaze was saddened "how are you?"

"I'm fine, you don't have to worry" she smiled at her, but it was clear that it wasn't the truth "these are things that can be overcome, it's not the end of the world. I care that you are fine, I'm sorry not to have at least called you"

"It doesn't matter, after what happened I would have been surprised otherwise"

Sana, seeing that her girlfriend didn't want to make up her mind to face the speech that was so pressing her, got up with the excuse of having to go to the bathroom, making Nayeon laugh "she doesn't know where it is because I didn't show her the house, but I appreciate the gesture. Now we are alone and I know there is something you would like to ask me"

"Are we still a family?"

The older had been weighing the words before replying "if you mean the three of us then the answer is no, but you are undoubtedly part of my family as my sister and it will not be the breakup with Sally that will make me stop loving you"

"Do you promise not to abandon me?"

"Tzu, I gave you my mother's bracelet just to make you understand that I would never do it, but if a promise can make you feel more calm then yes, I promise you"

They both got up to hug each other, including Sana after she returned to the kitchen. The two girlfriends, in those arms, felt free from all worries.