Miss Love Guru

Different World, Jinjoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yujin's POV

I happily walked into the loft, light with my steps.

The moment I saw Minju sitting down, I had to deliver the good news.

"I have great news," I said, watching the chair turn around. Oh, it's Hyewon. They looked the same from the back.

"What news? You being a total maniac?"

"What?" She looked serious.

"Ahn Yujin, are you okay?"

I slowly took a seat. "What's wrong?"

"What's wrong? You said you were getting enough sleep. Why do I see you talking to no one?" she turns her laptop to face me.

It was a CCTV video of the area I was at a few days ago with Minju.

"This isn't the first time. I saw the video of you in the lift too."

"Why do you have these?"

"Because the management is asking about you. You're being too ambitious asking to be a VIP patient's caregiver. It's a good thing but these scenes are worrying. The directors are wondering if you have a history of Schizophrenia."

"I do not—and how do you know about the VIP thing?"

She snickers. "You're keeping things from me now? Why would I not know? From the first day you saw this girl, all you have been doing is talking about some person you see that looks exactly like her."

"I was joking." I chuckled but she was far from amused. She looked angry for some reason.

"Okay fine, I was just about to tell you I volunteered to be Minju's caregiver. It helps me in many ways so I don't see why I shouldn't when Dr Jang needs help. I may just be a resident but I can do things most people can't and you know that."

"Minju?" she questions.

"Yes, that's her name."

"Why would you call her by her first name when you don't even know her personally?"

Did I slip something?

"I do—not. It's a habit. Don't you know me? I love getting comfortable with my patients." I sheepishly laughed.

She sighs deeply with a face filled with worry. I must've really looked like I was on drugs to be talking to a wall. If only I knew earlier.

"I don't know what you have in your mind, but please, don't do anything stupid," she said before leaving her seat.

The door closes, leaving me alone in the room.

Maybe I could tell her about all this. Me being able to talk to Minju. But it'll be impossible for Hyewon to believe anything I say.

Well, I'm a factual person. Talking about something like seeing ghosts isn't going to work with people who know me.

I'm basically the last person anyone could think of that would believe in ghosts.

Still, this whole thing is absurd, even to me. But seeing how this involves the life of someone who isn't treated like how they're supposed to be, I'll have to do what I can.

"She sounded like an angry wife."

I looked to the left to see Minju standing there. Has she been here the whole time?

"That's what you get from someone who has failed her love life and thinks of me as someone she can dump her feelings on." I sighed.

Minju sits down on the couch at the side. "You'll be taking care of me from now on?"

I nodded. "Only because Chaewon unnie allowed me to. One wrong thing I do, I'm out of this hospital."

"Who is she to you?"

"Chaewon unnie?"

Minju nods. I guess I could tell her. I leaned back comfortably on the chair.

"Well, it's a long story."

"I love long stories." she leans against the armrest, listening intently with a petite smile on her face.

"The first time I saw her was back when I was in the first year of med school."

"Is this a love story? I kinda overheard your conversation with Dr Kang the other day."

I felt betrayed. She has to stop being in places without letting me know.

"Yes—not really." I sighed while she scoffs. She didn't seem pleased that it was not a story she was looking forward to.

"Like every freshman, there comes a day when you get a mentor. That person helps you around the school when you need them and Chaewon unnie was mine."

"A senior-junior kinda thing. I'm invested," she comments, resting her chin on her palm.

"She was popular in the department, still is around here. Like everyone else, I came to realise how I wan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter