Fake Girlfriend Minju & Annoying Yujin

Different World, Jinjoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yujin's POV

I've never seen someone this fascinated about the Namsan Tower. I always thought every person living in Korea would've come here at least once before they turned 18.

Maybe that's just the way I think. People get into relationships around that age and usually come here to write their names on those little locks, wishing their relationships to last.

But in reality, they usually don't.

"You've been here before?" Minju asked, looking away from the sky-high tower.

"Of course."

"With who?"

"None of your business." I pulled her to walk. She always has many questions.

Makes me think if she was a cat in the past. Too curious.

"Chaewon?" She brought up while we entered the sliding glass doors.

Not wanting her to keep questioning, I hummed.

"You said you guys didn't date," she mumbled, admiring the endless array of screens displaying the heartlands of Korea.

"We didn't. She just brought me here."

"Why?"

"To hang out," I whispered when there were many people around queuing for the lift.

"Hang out." she scoffed. "Only couples come here. You told me that."

That was the first and last time I'd ever been here. Not until now.

The only difference is how I won't get ditched in the middle of nowhere just because someone had work to do.

We entered the lift, slowly getting pushed to the corner. These couples really can't wait for their turn to get on.

"Can you move in?" I heard a voice behind me.

I looked at Minju who was stuck in the very corner. I inched forward. She's small so it's fine. My hand slipped off from hers but nothing happened since our bodies were still in contact.

I accidentally held onto her waist. "Sorry. It's a little—"

She grabbed my hand and made me hold onto the steel bar behind her. She then pulled on my shirt to make me go closer.

This is too close.

I tilted my head up, looking elsewhere and felt her hand touching my stomach. Why is it staying there?

It's a little ticklish. I honestly don't really like people touching me but I'm fine with her. It's just—

"Do you like me?"

I looked down, almost hitting her head with my chin. She looks up, gazing straight into my eyes.

"Your heartbeat's just extremely fast whenever you're with me." She chuckles. Who gave her the ability to do that?

I should sue the person or god.

I leaned into her ear and whispered, "Anxiety issues."

She gave me a confused frown. There are a lot of people here.

"I thought you made that up because of that guy on the bus," she said.

Why is this lift taking so long?

"But it's interesting to hear everything clearly."

If what I'm feeling is what she's hearing, the endless thumps of my heart would be so annoying.

"I like it." she looks at me and smiles. Why is she smiling? She's weird.

"It's weirdly calming," she said.

Finally, the door opened. I leaned away and grabbed onto her hand.

We walked out, avoiding the sweet couples.

Her eyes doubled in size, maybe tripled if that's possible. I came to realise she does it when she finds things extraordinary or interesting.

If she could just let go of my hand to look down the edge of the tower, she would. I should probably walk a little faster before she gets to do that.

"You can see everything from here!" she pointed and hopped excitedly.

"Unnie, do you like it that much?" I laughed seeing her nod frantically.

"I think you can see my house there..." she continued pointing afar at the countless number of houses. High rise, stand-alone, everything.

Even people that were passing by, she'd be fascinated. I've never really seen her smile this wide before, not even at the carnival.

This tower is pretty amazing, honestly. The air is fresh with great scenery, but not the lovey-dovey couples who couldn't keep their hands off each other.

Families were fine, they're adorable. Everyone's up here to take a breather from life while this girl here is living on the other side.

"I've always wanted to come here." This is the nth time she's repeating this to show how much she likes it here.

But she's literally rich and could come here anytime she wants. Why now?

"You'd think I have everything, but I spent most of my life in after-school classes."

"Oh yeah? Like what, ballet?"

She hums. "Anything you can think of, I've probably done it."

"You're lying. There's no way you're a jack of all trades."

She gives a proud look. "You'd be surprised."

"Are you challenging me?" I tilted my head. She shrugs, puckering her lips briefly. "Oh, it's on."

"What's on?" she chuckled amusingly.

"You, me. We're going to spend the next two weeks seeing who's better."

"Aren't you a little busy to do that?"

"I will not be for you." That just came straight out of my mouth without going through my head.

Can I actually do that? I doubt.

"You're not doing that. You have work to do."

"It doesn't have to be the whole day. A few minutes each day is enough. We can do anything. It's easier since you have nothing to do all day."

"Who said I have nothing to do?"

"Apart from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter