Touchy

Different World, Jinjoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yujin's POV

"Where are we going?" Minju has been whining for the past twenty minutes since we left the hospital.

As usual, I made her take the bus. She can't say no to anything as long as she's out of the hospital.

This is the only time I have power over someone. But it doesn't feel great considering it's her life at stake here.

"Somewhere you'll like." I continued pulling her towards a building.

We stopped, looking up at the endless floors. She looks at me. "WakeOne Entertainment?"

"I have a friend here." She had no choice but to follow me.

We entered, looking around the place. I've never actually been here before.

Yuri's in this company. Jo Yuri. She's a soloist and composer. We went to the same elementary and high school. She's my senior of course. But back then, she was a real brat.

Hyewon knows her too despite being in different schools. I introduced them to each other one day, just a little cafe hopping session. Hyewon loves that and somehow fell for something else.

She likes idiotic brats.

"Wow." Minju gasps out.

I snickered, checking my phone. Yuri said she'll be down in a minute.

We'll just wait on one of the chairs here.

"Why are we here?"

I looked at Minju. "I heard it's your dream to become an idol, is it true?" she blinks before nodding.

"But that was long ago," she said. "I gave up on that since my dad didn't support me."

"Oh." I didn't know that.

"I'm fine with inheriting the company. I'll just move on from there, maybe even start something of my own if I'm able to."

She's ambitious. Can't get what she wants, she'll make what she wants. How cool is that? I think that's cool.

"I'll let you meet my friend."

"Who?"

I looked up front to see Yuri coming out of the gantry. "There." I pointed.

Minju shifts her gaze, eyes widening slowly. I've never seen her eyes grow this big before.

"Jo Yuri is your friend?!"

"Why, you know her?" Did I just ask that? Of course she might know her, Yuri's famous around here.

She just released a single not long ago. It blessed my ears. I don't usually listen to much pop, but that song was honestly great.

"Will you believe me?" Minju looks at me. Yuri comes closer as every second passes.

"What?"

"She hates me."

The moment she said that I didn't manage to think since Yuri arrived.

"What are you doing here? Don't you have work?" She asked, brushing her hair back.

Hm. New hairstyle. She never liked her forehead being seen. She had bangs for the longest time, I guess it was time to let go of it.

But it looks great.

Everything looks great.

"I just wanted to know how you're doing." I smiled casually.

"Oh? Ahn Yujin, you've changed. Since when do you care about me?" She slaps my arm, sitting beside me. I stopped her, pushing her to the other side.

She nearly sat on Minju, oh god.

"Why?" she gave me a funny look but sat down anyway.

"Nothing."

She nods, finding me suspicious but ignored it.

"Ah, right." she angles herself to face me. "How is she?"

I think I know who she's talking about.

"She's fine. Why are you so worried about her?"

"Of course I'm worried. Have you seen a duck doing surgery before?" I laughed at the way she thinks.

It's Yena, Choi Yena. Our other friend. She's four years older and a cardiologist.

Yuri likes her ever since years ago. Not sure why she hasn't said anything.

"She saved a kid from internal bleeding the other day. You should be proud." I nudged her shoulder.

"Actually?"

I hummed.

But there's a tragic story behind why Yena wanted to be a cardiologist. Her brother was one, but unfortunately, despite studying hearts, he left from a heart attack 5 years ago.

Just when Yena was about to enrol into University.

"You? How's your mom doing?"

"My mom?"

"Yes, I miss her side dishes." My mom used to make all of us side dishes. It was the best and still is.

Just imagine going to school and bringing a bunch of freshly made side dishes to share. It was the definition of a potluck.

"She's fine. I went back the other day."

"Azzo?"

"He grew bigger." I laughed. I miss my little puppy. All because of shifts, I rarely head back to my parent's house and he's growing expone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter