My World

Different World, Jinjoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yujin's POV

"Are you sure you wanna do this?" I watched as Minju got ready, wearing her coat and all.

Today's the trial and she has a choice to attend since she's doing better than before.

She closes the wardrobe. "It'll be the last time I'll ever see him." she turns to me. "We'll have to make sure he stays in there for a long time."

"I'm sure he would. But will you be okay?" I held onto her shoulder. I don't care how long he stays in there but I know there will be sensitive questions asked.

"What do you take me as? Of course I'll be okay. I have evidence for everything." She assures me.

Her brother's girlfriend would be her attorney as well as Chaewon's. But Chaewon's trial finished just last week.

The jury panel decided to be lenient, and let her off with a small fine and suspension of her medical license. She's going to take a year off.

That just only means she'll get to spend more time with Hitomi. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise.

"Okay then." I took her hand. "Let's go."

...

I've been to the court last week and it still feels intimidating. It's a private hearing, but since I got myself involved, I'm allowed to be here as long as I don't stir .

I sat at the very back. Minju's with her parents at the front, waiting for the judge to call her.

Once the small door at the side opens, that head enters the room. There were a few reporters and journalists present. I guess they don't mind releasing it to the media.

Whatever it is, if Minju's fine, everything's fine.

Today's trial is not on the whole case, but the use of violence during the term of their relationship.

Mingyu looked so relaxed, fidgeting in the swivel chair as if he were not a defendant in court.

Either he came to accept his offences, or he just went crazy in his little cell. Why is he still wearing a suit? Must be delusional.

The judge called Minju to the stand. My heart felt as if it were beating in reverse. But I know that after this, everything will go back to normal. Our normal.

She recites the oath and sat down.

The judge proceeded to ask his questions. Honestly, I didn't want to be here, listening to all the things this piece of did to her.

I'm just here for her. To make sure nothing happens.

When the videos got pulled up as evidence, I could see Mingyu starting to panic.

He slams the table and stands up, pointing at Minju. "She consented to it! I didn't do anything!" The guards made him sit down.

My eyes stayed on Minju. I wanted to wrap her in my arms and keep her away from this nightmare she had been living in. I don't know the details, I don't want to know.

It was traumatising. How would it feel to have those done to you by the person you once loved and trusted the most?

I shut my eyes, not wanting to look at the screen and quietly waited for the verdict.

...

I could finally breathe when the verdict was announced.

Obviously, he had multiple counts of ual assault, bodily injury and many others I couldn't bring myself to listen to.

We're talking about life imprisonment. Of course, money can solve his case. But justice intervenes and there's nothing he can do but rot in jail.

I stretched my legs when people started to leave the area. Standing up, I looked up front to see Minju hugging her brother.

I decided to step out for a while to take a phone call, giving them some time. I don't think her parents were made known of all this previously.

I look at my phone. It's Yena. "Yes unnie?"

"Are you in the hospital now? Dr Jang wants you to assist him."

"Me?" I looked into the courtroom before walking towards the vending machine.

"Yes, you. Where are you now?"

"Court," I said.

"What are you doing in—oh." She realises.

"Why does he want me to do it? You're there."

I heard a soft laugh. "I thought you could do it so I could go somewhere."

"Go where?"

"Yuri received an award and I want to be there." This is the first time she's this straightforward.

"Ask Hyewon unnie. Dump everything to her."

"Should I? Will she kill me?"

I shook my head. "It's revenge." I insisted.

"Okay. Is Minju okay?"

I hummed, peeking into the room again. "She's fine."

"That's good. I'll not bother you anymore."

We said bye and ended the call.

That's when I started to hear, "You're drinking vending machine coffee again?" I leaned away from the machine. It's Minju.

"I'm not." I went to her. "Everything's settled?" she nods.

"My father will take care of everything." Her dad walks in front of us. Her whole family, actually. My hands immediately went beside me, fighting the urge to reach for hers.

I don't think she told him anything about us. It's up to her.

"Ah, Dr Ahn." I came to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter