Her Doctor

Different World, Jinjoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yujin's POV

"You said you weren't going to do anything! I heard from Yena unnie that you accidentally increased the dosage. How do you, the most accurate person on earth, accidentally do that kind of thing?"

Chaewon looked at me, collecting herself. She hasn't said a single thing ever since I stepped into her office. It was just me and my mouth spitting whatever I knew onto her.

Minju's not here. I told her to go to her room since it'd be safer for her if anything weird happens.

"Only they'd think of it that way and you'd get your license suspended for a short while. But I know he's the one behind all this. Is he still trying to do something to you?"

"Yujin." she looks at me, fingers twirling her pen. "You know I didn't do it accidentally. But it was something I had to do for all this to work."

"For what to work? You're doing this and putting her life in danger unnie. How is this the safest option? She just went into surgery." I chewed on my words.

She pushed her phone towards me, playing a recording.

"Her brother's on me. Did you tell anyone else about this?" It's Mingyu's voice, I think. Sounds a lot like that .

"No, only she knows."

"That bloody resident? Can't you do anything to keep her away?"

"She can't do anything anyway. No one would believe her." I looked at Chaewon who pressed her lips together. She has a point.

"Do it now."

"What?" I heard some sounds of glass bottles hitting each other. Sounded a lot like vials.

"What, what? Am I supposed to kill my own wife then?" Sadistic animal.

"Mingyu-ssi, I—"

"Do it or your little girlfriend of yours—"

"Fine, fine. I'll do it."

Chaewon took her phone back. She did all this for evidence. "I know she could've died, but the amount I gave was not enough to kill her."

"Unnie, she still—"

"But she's fine, isn't she?"

"Why do you all keep saying this as if it's something we can predict?"

"There's someone else who knows about this?" her question caught me off guard. .

"No, but it's still not right to put her life at risk for this."

"Now we have hard evidence that he's the one behind all this, don't we?"

Fair point.

"You better keep it safe unnie." The last time we tried getting texts and calls, well, that head smashed her phone and erased all the data.

I don't know if it's good or bad but at least Chaewon got rid of her six-year-old phone.

"Is he still threatening Hitomi?" I asked, curious about that part. I mean, once he takes the fall, his company goes down and she'll lose her job there.

To someone, losing a job may be everything, depending on their situation. Even for me, losing my job will probably kill me, but it's better to do what's right.

"I'm still trying to convince her to resign but it'll take a while." she sighs, slouching back on her chair. "I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter