Coma Ghost

Different World, Jinjoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yujin's POV

It's another day and I'm still as confused as the first day I met her. She's so secretive.

And why is it so hard to get someone's name?

I sighed, turning around the corner and bumped into Hyewon who looked urgent to get somewhere.

"Yes! Yujin." she held onto my shoulders. "What—"

"Can you help me check on a patient? I really need to go to the toilet." She shoves the clipboard to me.

"Who—"

She started running. "Kim Minju-ssi!" Her voice echoes through the hallway.

"What did she eat to be this urgent..." I mumbled, walking to the lift.

The moment the lift arrived, the nameless girl was there.

I quickly hopped on and closed the door before she could run. I made her move toward the corner as she backs up.

"You have nowhere to run, so tell me your name."

"I don't—"

"You're scaring me," I said.

"One day you appear and asked me for my help. Whenever I try to find you, you're not there. Do you know how much you're affecting me just because I don't know who you are? You keep going about not knowing your name and when I try helping you, you disappear. You appear at the weirdest times of the day and it's honestly creeping me out. What do you want from me? Why do you keep running away?"

Instead of answering, she slowly pushes me away.

That's when I noticed there were people trying to get into the lift. I shifted to the side, bowing slightly since they were seniors of this hospital. They looked at me weirdly but I didn't have the energy to care.

I cleared my throat, glancing at the girl who was in the other corner.

Once everyone got off and we were the only ones in the lift, she kept silent. It seemed like she was trying to think of a way to answer me when the door opens.

She points out. "Walk."

"Who are you to—"

"You're going to check on someone, aren't you?"

I listened and walked out. "You're not going to ru—"

"Hurry up. I'll follow you. Just don't talk."

Right, we're on the VIP level. There's a rule to lower our volumes, especially on this level.

I walked toward room 502 where the patient Minju is in. "You're not allowed to enter though."

"Just walk."

I breathed out a sharp breath, tapping my card on the reader. This glass door leads to more rooms in the VIP ward.

She follows. I just hope no one watches the CCTV because I might get fired for bringing a random patient with me. Who knows if this woman has underlying intentions?

I gave a knock on the door before entering. Even if there's no one in, it's a basic courtesy.

Hyewon texted that there weren't visitors at the moment.

She went in front of me. "Hey—" I stopped talking when she stands beside the patient's bed, looking at her.

She had this sad expression that tells me something was wrong.

"She's not going to die, is she?"

I went closer and confirmed my thoughts. This is too accurate for them to be doppelgangers. But how do they look exactly alike?

Did I mention the clothes they were wearing? She has a pastel pink cardigan on, the same goes for the patient lying down.

A secret twin mission? I'm out of my mind to think that.

How did I not see the similarities?

I backed up against the chair. "Hold on." I started to panic as she looks at me.

I gestured at both—or one of them. I don't know. "What's g-going on?"

The one standing sighs and walks closer.

"Stop—stop. Stay right there." I stopped her.

She takes in a deep breath.

"Y-You're—"

"I know this doesn't make sense but I'm Kim Minju."

She looked as if this was something normal. This isn't! Why would she be standing if she's in a coma?? Am I talking to a ghost right now? Do they exist?

I mean, there's literally one in front of me.

"They call it coma ghosts," she explains. "I followed you because you're the only person who could see me. I tried everyone but there wasn't a single person who could until I bumped into you. I got shocked, so I ran. I was afraid something might happen if I talked to you."

"S-So you're a ghost?" My breath hiccuped.

"Technically yes, but no. I"m still here." she points to the bed.

"Why am I able to see you?"

"I don't know—I didn't even know how you could touch me."

"Okay," I said, calming myself down. "I can see ghosts."

"I'm not dead."

"Fine, a coma ghost. But why?" I didn't even want to think because this is ridiculous. She continues explaining.

"I ran away when there were other people because I didn't want them to think you were a total psycho for talking to air. You can't hear my footsteps because I don't have any. I knew the wristband wouldn't work because no one can see me."

"That still doesn't explain why I'm able to." I poked her and quickly retracted my finger. "Touch you."

"I've talked to the others but they're not sure why."

"T-There are others?" Oh god, this is horrifying.

"Yes. Those in the room downstairs." Oh, the coma room. So that's why she's always there.

"I don't know why you can't see them when you can see and touch me. It's weird."

"I'm talking to a ghost," I repeated.

"Can you not—ugh." she sighs as if she has given up. "Whatever it is, I think there's some connection between us that made you—"

"Me? Connected to a ghost?" I frantically shook my head. "You're funny. Haha."

"Can you stop panicking? Why are you so s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter