Finding A Way

Different World, Jinjoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minju's POV

She's going to wake up, right?

The moment I heard the news from Nako, I couldn't help but run toward the room she was placed in.

Nako said she suddenly collapsed in Dr Kim's office. Apparently, he was there.

I thought doing what I did was the least I could do. Why is this still happening?

Yujin's just lying on the bed. I've never seen her in this state before. Did she not eat?

Were my words too harsh? But it was for her own good. If I continue staying beside her, yes, I'll have more energy to be around.

But it was at the cost of absorbing her energy. That's probably why she collapsed so suddenly.

Turns out, staying away did absolutely nothing.

"You said as long as I don't go near her, she'll be fine. What's this?" Nako looks at me and back to Yujin.

"That's what Seungmin told me. Maybe it's too late? You've already absorbed all her energy?" she tilts her head, also not sure about the current situation.

Seungmin's an actual ghost, not a coma one. Full name, Choi Seungmin. He was one of the doctors here in the past but something unfortunate happened.

He loves the hospital, that's why he's staying here. Not sure why anyone would keep staying here instead of being reincarnated.

"Will she die?" I worriedly asked. Nako shrugged.

The door suddenly opens, revealing Chaewon. So she's his accomplice?

She checked on Yujin. I could see the regret in her eyes. Her hand reaches for Yujin's, not sure why.

But the second she did that, Yujin's eyes started to flicker as if she knew there were people around her.

I quickly dragged Nako to the side, hidden from them.

"Unnie." I heard her whisper. She slowly sits up with the help of Chaewon.

"How are you feeling?" Chaewon asks.

"What happened?"

"You fainted."

"No , I wouldn't be here if I didn't." she sounded a little disappointed. Yujin turns to look at Chaewon.

"Tell me the truth. Why is he doing this to you?"

Yujin's POV

Chaewon pulled a chair and sat down. My whole body feels weak. The energy I use to move my toes felt as if I could pull a truck.

"I know he's got something on you. What is it? You'll never do something like this on your own." How long was I out for? Doesn't feel that long to me.

Chaewon sighs softly. "He's got Hitomi," she said. "She uh works for his father's company in Japan." she folds her arms.

"What?"

"If I didn't do it, she'll lose her job."

I frowned. "Just because of that you'll kill someone?" I coughed. Whatever she's saying is absurd.

"She worked hard for that position Yujin-ah."

"I don't care if she did. Everyone works hard. Unnie, we're talking about a life here."

"I know, I know. That's why I'm not taking it too far." She lets out a small sigh. "I don't give her the lethal amount, nothing's going to happen to her but..." she pauses.

I still can't believe she's doing all this for her girlfriend who's a thousand miles away from her. She'll go to this extent? I never knew Chaewon this way.

"But what?"

"You heard him. He wants to speed everything up and if I don't do what I'm asked to do, who knows what he'll do to Hitomi? If he'll do this to his fiancé, what do you think he'll do to a stranger who means nothing to him?"

I couldn't process her words. This is putting me in a headache.

Why does he get to decide what to do? This piece of deserves nothing but to be called a narcissist who doesn't care about anyone but himself.

That's probably his middle name.

"But..." Chaewon looks at me. I probably looked pissed but who cares? I'm not intimidating. I don't think I am.

"Why do you care so much about her?" She's asking me the same exact question from the last I remember. "You've never met her before nor have I seen you act this way about a stranger or patient."

Why do I care for her? Chaewon's right, she's nothing but a stranger.

A stranger that I miraculously am able to see.

A stranger who's a patient in this hospital.

A stranger who ignores me whenever she wants.

So why do I care so much about her?

I kept quiet, noticing some movement in the corner of my eyes. It was Minju and Nako leaving the room.

"What are you looking at?" Chaewon looks in the direction I'm looking.

Was she here the whole time?

"Nothing." I turn to look at Chaewon. "Can you not do anything until I figure things out?"

"Figure what out?"

"A way not to put Minju's life at risk."

"What? You'll try the police? Trust me, that wouldn't work for someone that high. I thought about it. He'll be able to bail himself out anyway."

Good, Chaewon's seeing things the way I am. She wants to stop. I know she would.

I thought but nothing came into my head. I'm nothing but a girl who's coincidentally a resident in this hospital.

Apart from all this, I have no power at all.

Why did I get chosen to see her? I'm pretty useless. I hate the fact that I'm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter