Best Friend

Different World, Jinjoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minju's POV

"Kim Minju!"

Who's disturbing my morning walk around this hospital?

I turned around, just in time to catch someone in my arms. "Oh, Nako."

"I have great news."

I made her stand properly. She seemed to be excited about something. "What is it?"

"Remember the high school kid?" She must be talking about Heejin. She was in a coma a month ago and had difficulty accepting that we were all ghosts.

"Heejin?"

"She woke up."

I widened my eyes. "Really?" Nako quickly tugs on my arm. "Let's go see her!"

"Why does this feel good? It was only a month ago when she thought it was the end for her but look at that smile."

Nako's words went in one ear and out the other. That's when she nudged me.

"What's wrong with you? You're her senior and here you are spacing out. Shouldn't you be happier than me?"

"That's because you like her." I scoffed.

Her cheeks went pink. "I d-do not."

"You even said you'd ask her out once you're awake. Now that she is, you can look forward to sending your love to her. You should've asked Yujin—"

My breath hiccuped.

"You're right, I should've asked her to leave a letter for me. But it's too bad..."

She started mumbling which made me widen my eyes. "What did you say?"

"I said..."










 

Yujin's POV

If doing rounds around the hospital was boring, I don't know how to feel about the past few days.

I was basically dragging my dead body around, even landing a shift at the emergency room.

How does the ER not have any severe cases? It's impossible. But at the same time, it's a good thing because that means there aren't people getting injured.

I haven't seen Minju around these days. Did I say something wrong that day?

I admit I got a little hot-headed and left after the delivery came. I was just, over the top. Was it anger? Disappointment? I don't know.

But all I did was talk and not let her say anything. Did she have anything to say?

I don't know that either.

I understand that she's trying her best. It's probably scary being in a foreign place, a world where humans don't exist.

I shouldn't have just dumped whatever's in my head on her. Why did I do that? Just so I could vent not having sleep because of her?

The way she looked as if she's given up when I'm trying whatever I can to help her?

How would anyone feel to be in my situation? It's like constantly treating a deteriorating disease.

Now I'm just leaning against the counter, waiting for something to happen. I'm just at the ER to help since there were some interns who took medical leave.

Playing with the pen in my hand, I glanced at the entrance to see someone I never thought I would see here.

"Jang Wonyoung!" I waved. She immediately spots me, giving me a slight smile.

She's been my best friend since elementary school. We did everything together back then but adulthood came between us. That caused our relationship to be distant.

But my relationship with her is those where we'd be extremely open even though we haven't seen each other for ages.

Low maintenance relationship. As long as we're alive, she's stuck with me.

She went overseas to pursue her studies while I'm here.

But what's she doing here?

"Long time no see," she said, coming a little closer.

"Why are you here? When did come back?"

"Last month." I nodded.

She points outside. "I came here to get a referral."

"From your dad?" Her dad's a neurologist here, also one of the doctors in charge of Minju.

Wonyoung's studying to be a veterinarian. She loves animals you see. There was once she kept bringing back abandoned cats into the house and go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter