Who Is He?

Different World, Jinjoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yujin's POV

I'm on the rooftop, getting some air. It's been a while since I'm up here. The last time was because of Seoyeon.

She seemed a lot better now. A lot more positive toward life. That's a great thing.

I sipped on my coffee. There's no one around, just me with plants.

Or so I thought.

I nearly spat out my coffee when someone slapped my shoulder.

"Don't you have rounds to do?" It's Hyewon. Why did she have to smack me? 

"Thanks to you. But I'm done with it."

She stands beside me, looking off the building.

"I see why you like coming up here," she says, squinting from the sunlight.

The sun's about to set any moment and the view up here is the best for that. I've only ever seen the sunset and not rise. Too early.

"I don't hear you talking about her anymore." she turns to me.

I swallowed the piping hot coffee. "Who?"

"That nameless girl you wouldn't stop talking about last week."

I choked on my saliva. "That's because I slept well these few days to stop spouting nonsense."

"Right, it's just sleep." she sighs. "I thought you were crazy for seeing someone in a coma, walking around."

"Yeah, I must be."

I haven't seen Minju around the past week. I wonder what she's up to. Neither have I been up to the VIP room.

But what's bothering me was that bruise I saw. It was near her collarbone. That's a thing Chaewon didn't even want to tell me about.

And when I noticed it, Minju disappeared.

Nothing's wrong with her, right?

"You're keeping something from me," Hyewon said.

"What do I have to keep from you? You basically have a schedule of my life." I snorted, seeing how she was serious.

"Chaewon. Why are you going into her office so often?" she narrows her eyes in suspicion.

"Because I had to do rounds for you and you're under her supervision? Who told you to eat expired canned tuna the other day huh?"

She laughs. "That's not it. There's something." she points at me.

"I saw the way she looked at you."

"Who?"

"Chaewon. I'm pretty she's got something for you. You still like her, right?"

"No, why?"

"You're lying. I saw that heart when you messaged her." Oh god.

"You're going through my phone?"

"You gave me the password." she giggles and nudges my shoulder. "So what's up?"

"Nothing." I pushed her away and stood a little further.

"You're smiling."

"Am not. Why would I be smiling? Does this look like a smile to you?" I leaned nearer to her face while frowning.

"You're so annoying." she pushed my head away.

"I'll be because you're not in charge of my love life."

"Ahn Yujin. Everyone knows you had a crush on her since med school."

"Keyword had."

"So it's true."

I sighed, shaking my head. "You can think whatever you want." I gave up and walked towards the door.

She follows of course. "You're meeting her for dinner?"

"How do you know?" she giggles again. "Right, you went through my—you need to give me some privacy unnie."

"Nope."

I entered the lounge, taking off my coat.

"I'll be sad without you here." she pouts.

"And I'll be happy that you're staying here." I took my stuff and got ready to leave the room.

"Have fun on your date!" she waves, causing me to roll my eyes.

I closed the door, straightening my shirt.

While unlocking my phone, I accidentally bumped into someone. "Sorry," I said.

"Do you know your way around here?"

"Excuse me?" I turned to see a guy only because his tone was slightly rude.

Okay, he's tall.

"I'm sorry. What I mean is, are you a doctor of some sort?"

I nod. "Yeah, how may I help you?"

"How do I get to the VIP ward?"

"Have you registered?" He shows me his phone that ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter