The Lost Girl

Different World, Jinjoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yujin's POV

"Can you do rounds on those two?"

I looked at the two patients lying on the hospital beds. They have been here since last month.

Coma patients to be exact.

Even with doctors around, no one knows why they're in deep sleep. Heart rate was stable, systems are healthy.

Everything was there but they lacked active brain waves.

I hesitated but said, "Sure." The senior walked out of the area. He's my senior from medical school and I'm currently in his team as a resident.

Here we have to complete a few years before actually getting called doctors.

Took me a while to get here but being here is all that matters.

I walked to the side of the bed, checking on the patient's vitals. Everything looks great, just needs a little more of the magic fluid.

That's what I call the IV drip. It fuels the motionless body anyway.

"Nurse Lee," I called out before asking her to change out the bags.

Once I'm done doing my rounds, I walked out the sliding doors toward where the vending machine is.

Now's a good time for coffee after being on the night shift a few hours ago.

When I was dropping the coins into the slot, I noticed someone in the corner of my eye.

She had hair almost to her waist, fully dressed in a hospital gown. Totally normal since it's the hospital.

But what felt off was how she looked completely lost as if she didn't know where she was.

My thoughts got distracted when I heard a beep. My coffee's done.

I opened the compartment and gently retrieved the hot paper cup, looking back at where the girl or lady was.

She was just aimlessly walking around.

Since I have the time, why not bring her wherever she wants to go?

I walked to her. "Ma'am?" she looked at me instantly, flinching by the close proximity.

"Are you lost?"

She stares at me without saying anything. I looked at her from head to toe, wondering why she was in the hospital despite appearing awfully fine.

Not to be quick to judge, she might have internal difficulties.

She finally nods hesitantly. "Do you remember where you came from?" I pointed around.

She shook her head and looked shocked for some

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter