Words I Wanted To Say

Different World, Jinjoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yujin's POV

I have no idea what I've been doing for the past few days. I had no mood to visit patients, always having Hyewon to cover for me.

She doesn't know what's wrong with me. I honestly have no idea what's wrong with me either. I just hated the hospital after a day or two.

Nothing felt like how it was.

I always end up in the lounge, staring at the receipt that was in my pocket the other day as well as the fox keychain I hung at the corner of the computer.

Why do I always meet with the worst fate?

The thing is, how did this piece of paper end up in my pocket? If she wrote it, how did she put it inside? I would have to take it from her.

Just then, the door swings open. "Ahn Yujin." I turned around to see Hyewon who was panting. Did she run here?

"What?" I didn't have the mood for her bull.

She stands properly, holding the doorframe. "She woke up," she said. "Kim Minju."

This is the moment I didn't want to face. I didn't want to face the reality that she has really forgotten about me.

I feel as if I would cry the moment I stand in front of her. Out of nowhere. I don't know how to describe what's within me because everything's slowly not making any sense.

"I'll be there."

Hyewon came and pulled me out of the chair. "Hurry up."

"Why are you rushing me?" she pushes me through the door.

"Why aren't you excited for your first coma parient? She woke up, Ahn Yujin." I let her drag me since I didn't have the energy to walk myself.

I didn't want to.

"The moment she moved, her brother immediately screamed. You have no idea how I jumped since I was next door." she chuckles, visibly happy.

If she knew what was going in my head, she wouldn't be smiling like that.

She continued telling me how excited she was, bringing up how hard I worked for this to happen. I wouldn't let this happen if I knew.

Will that be too selfish of me?

I stopped walking when we reached the VIP rooms. I need a second.

"Why?" she asked, holding the doorknob. I could already hear the soft whispers coming from the room.

I tried softening my heartbeats before walking to her. She held my shoulder and quickly pushed me into the room.

Her family was there. Mother, father, and her brother. There was a nurse too who made space for me.

And the sight I once anticipated appeared right in front of me. Seeing Minju awake.

I stood still. Those heartbeats of excitement could only be fear and disappointment. I never knew how seeing someone could hurt. At most it'll be annoying.

But this hurt.

Those eyes of a stranger.

"That was the doctor I was talking about." Her brother pointed at me but Hyewon proceeded to wave. "Not that one. The taller one."

I saw Hyewon sulking in the corner of my eye, but all I could focus on was how Minju was looking at me.

Her gaze was unfamiliar. They were distant, way more distant than the moment I first met her.

"Since when was there a doctor this young?" I heard her whisper to her brother.

Yup. She doesn't remember me.

"She's a resident who can do many things. She's the reason why you're awake." The comforting smile he gave her broke me.

I'm the reason why she's awake.

I'm also the reason she forgot everything we did together.

Minju nods slowly as I felt a light push behind me. "Why are you just standing there?" Hyewon whispers, urging me to do the usual checkups.

No matter how much seeing her hurt, I'll still have to do my job.

"Does your head hurt?" I asked her, trying my best not to put my feelings upfront.

Minju shook her head as I checked the bandage that was wrapped around her head after the surgery. It looked fine.

"Do you feel discomfort anywhere?" I made sure the drip was flowing properly and I saw her nod. "Where?" Her parents got worried but kept their cool.

"My heartbeat's a little fast." She looks at me.

I put the ends of the stethoscope into my ears. "If you don't mind." she let me place the chest piece against her chest.

I slowly counted the beats that weren't beating for me, listening for abnormalities but there were none. This was something she wanted to do to me when she woke up.

To hear my heartbeat loud and clear when she doesn't have hypersensitive hearing.

I guess that wouldn't be happening. I saw her looking at me, in the eyes. Her heart isn't the only one that's beating quicker than usual.

I bit down on my lip, not wanting to let my feelings take over as I stood up. "You're just getting a little excited to be awake. It's nothing to be worried about." I put the stethoscope around my neck, taking the clipboard from Hyewon.

I was about to finish up but saw her staring at me. It got my hopes up that she remembers. But if she did, she wouldn't be acting like this, all foreign.

She was looking at my name tag. "Ahn Yujin?" she suddenly voices out. I would be lying if I said I didn't miss how she calls me by my full name.

Her brother nudges her. "You find her familiar, don't you?" Minju looks at him briefly, bringing her eyes back to me.

It looked as if she were trying to remember. But she shakes her head. She said something to her brother but I couldn't make out what it was.

Hyewon taps on my shoulder, telling me we should go. I shouldn't hope for too much.








 

Yujin's POV

To distract myself, I decided to take on more patients. But most of it was assisting Yena. I usually take care of her patients after she'd done surgery on them, making sure they're okay.

When I was walking to one of the rooms, I felt someone tapping my shoulder from the back.

I turn around to see someone that still makes my heart skip a beat.

"Resident Ahn Yujin, right?"

I fully faced her, noddin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter