Lectured By A Kid

Different World, Jinjoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yujin's POV

I'm currently on my way to a new patient that has been admitted to the hospital. It's supposed to be Yena's, but I'm just helping out.

I've never really dealt with patients younger than me. This kid's 17 this year, and just got diagnosed with Coronary Artery Disease, CAD for short.

This means the vessels that supply the blood to one's heart are at risk of being blocked, leading to the lack of oxygen entering the heart.

Unfortunately, it's irreversible once diagnosed. He's barely an adult but has to live on medication for the rest of his life and restrict himself from strenuous activities.

I heard he was beginning his gym rat phase. A shame indeed.

I bumped into Hyewon along the way. "Why the happy feet and smile?"

"Because I feel good."

"You feel good going to check on a terminally ill patient?"

"No." I scoffed. "And he's not terminally ill. He has a whole life waiting for him."

"Then what's making you so happy?"

I shoved my hands into my coat pockets. I'm happy because Chaewon will help me once Minju wakes up. She agreed to testify the moment Minju's father manages to get Mingyu into court for fraud and attempted murder.

It's just lacking a bit of evidence but it'll work out fine. We might have to mend some things so Chaewon doesn't get affected.

"Helping people always makes me feel happy. Where are you going?" I looked at her while we waited for the lift.

"Minju-ssi's room. Chaewon asked me to bring more IV fluid." I nodded. We're just trying to clear her system from Metformin.

"She's fine, right?" She asked.

"Yeah."

We entered the lift, pressing the buttons to our levels. "Why have you been going out so much lately? I barely see you around."

I shrugged. "I have my own life unnie."

"What life that I do not know about? I literally know all your friends and they are busy."

"I have other friends."

"Since when?"

"I just do."

"You're going out with someone, aren't you?"

I put her finger away from my face. "Stop interrogating me."

"Mm, so there's someone you're not telling me about." She playfully strangles me, trying to get a name but I refused.

"I have a patient to take care of!" I took her off my shoulder and quickly ran out of the lift.

"Yah Ahn Yujin!"

I laughed, slowing down when I reached the hallway. I went into a shared room that had six patients in it.

Son Dong Pyo is his name. He's just sitting by the window, looking out.

He's a little shorter than me and has an adorable face. Babyface. Totally not a gym rat.

"Dongpyo-ah."

He turned around with a sweet smile on h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter