Nameless

Different World, Jinjoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yujin's POV

I opened up the bento box, about to have my dinner. It's always sad to be eating alone when you're on the night shift.

But what else can I do? I could only eat here in the lounge since I have to be available if anything calls for me.

"Why are you always eating alone?"

I flinched, looking behind when I recognised the voice.

"How did you get in here?"

It's her. The nameless girl.

She points at the opened door. I swear I closed it.

I motioned for her to sit down while I quickly chewed my food, swallowing. That's only because I have many questions for her.

"What do you mean always alone? This is the first time you're here."

She widens her eyes a little. "It's just an expression. You seem to always be eating alone with the way you're here alone." she quickly speaks.

"Okay." I wiped the corner of my lips. "But you're not supposed to be here."

"I can be anywhere I want."

"You're not a doctor."

"You aren't either."

She's not wrong. I'm just a resident. "But you get what I mean, patients aren't supposed to enter. Did you not see the authorized personnel only sign?"

"I did."

She's not getting it but it's fine.

"Why do you keep running away?"

"Do I?"

"Yes, you do." I gave her a funny look. Seems like she's hiding something.

"And what's your name? Why do you keep following me around? Why are you always outside? Where is your room?"

"You're asking a lot of questions." she chuckles. "Do I need to answer everything?"

"Yes—no, not really. But it's just, you only appear when I'm alone and run when you see me with someone."

She suddenly stands up and starts walking around as if she owns this place.

"Can I be honest with you?" she asks.

"Please." I laid back. At least she's about to tell me something.

"I don't know my name."

"You don't know your name? You're expecting me to believe that?" Patients with amnesia aren't exactly allowed to roam around freely unless supervised.

She doesn't seem to have amnesia.

I guess she just really doesn't want me to know her name that she has to go to this extent.

"But I do know where my room is. It's just—" she stops talking all of a sudden.

"I have to go." she dash

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter