The Issue

Different World, Jinjoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yujin's POV

I entered the CT scanning room, getting some things ready. Prior to this, I went looking for Minju but I couldn't find her. 

It was as if she disappeared into thin air. I asked Nako who was around the coma room, but she didn't see her either.

Hyewon's about to bring her body in for the scan while I'm here, thinking of reasons why Minju isn't talking to me or annoying me in any way. I know why, but it's just that I can't find her.

I miss how she'd just appear out of nowhere during the least predictable timings. I ever wonder how she finds out where I am.

I flinched when the door creaked open. "Yujin."

I stood up and helped Hyewon with the bed, pushing it to the other side of the room where the machine is.

"Where are you?" I whispered, transferring Minju's body onto the table.

I thought she'd be here to witness what I'm about to find out. It may be good, but it may be bad.

But mostly it'll tell me why she's not waking up. This scan would show a full image of the insides of her body, from her brain to her toes.

If there's something, I'll be able to point it out quickly.

I walked back to the small room with Hyewon following. "How'd you manage to convince her brother?"

"I used my medical talk," I spoke without looking at her, clicking the computer and fumbling with the machine.

"Chaewon let you do all this yourself?"

"Nope."

"Then—"

"Don't tell anyone about this." I looked at Hyewon who seemed shocked. "Yah, she's a VIP—"

"But her brother approved of it. I'm fine."

I only asked Hyewon to help me because she's someone I can trust not to spread false information around. Plus, I have a feeling she finds it weird that Minju hasn't been in a full scan for her situation.

This whole thing just spells fishy.

She kept quiet while the scan commences. It took a while before the complete imaging was done.

I looked at the computer. First her brain.

Hyewon points out the middle. "Here. There's something." I looked closely, noticing that there was a white spot. It was a tumour.

"This wasn't detected earlier?" My eyebrows slowly knitted together. "It could have developed after they did the scans," Hyewon said. Right, that's a possibility.

That's one.

I moved on to her lungs and heart. "Unnie, can you show me her past medicine reports?"

Hyewon passed me a file as I flipped through it. This document includes recent drugs that have gone into her body.

Did they really miss this out? "She has no diabetes but is on Metformin?" I looked at Hyewon who hummed.

"25g?" I questioned, absolutely stunned. The maximum amount one should take is 3 grams a day. She's getting 25 grams? 

Metformin is a medication that lowers the blood sugar of the human body, usually for those with type 2 diabetes. Too much of it causes her blood sugar to get too low, putting her into a coma. But currently, Minju's health history has zero traces of diabetes.

It's honestly possible that Minju did this herself since it looks like it has been in her body for quite a while. By a while, I mean an estimated 3 to 4 months.

But she couldn't have done it herself because the amount that entered her body had been constant. It means someone has been doing it.

That rules out self-harm, but who knows? We can't overlook that slight possibility.

"Why is this..." Hyewon was also at a loss for words.

This can only mean two things.

Someone has been drugging her to keep her in a coma or wants her dead.

Or both.

"Ahn Yujin, you have to feed me the details."

"I can't."

"What do you mean you can't? Someone could go to jail for this." she's starting to grow irritated. "Do you know how serious this is? What if the whole hospital goes into a lawsuit for malpractice and we get dragged into something we're not even responsible for—"

"Unnie, calm down."

"I am calm." She was on the verge of shouting.

I know how hard she worked for this position even if she didn't want to. She doesn't want to get involved in this and I don't want her to either when she's so close to getting her board certification.

"I can handle this."

"You? Are you out of your mind Yujin-ah?"

"I'll just not say anything. If it has been like this for the past three months, I don't see why anything would happen if I just keep my mouth shut."

She didn't know how to respond because this whole thing could be a dead end to our futu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter