swing

Love Me For Who I Am, Not Because I Have His Heart

 

After our dinner, Mr. and Mrs. Kim went to the kitchen to make tea, while the rest of us went to the backyard. I started to miss this house, it was full of memories, every piece, every corner, memories of him overwhelms me.  

I started from the living room; it’s still the same, everything was still in place, how the light striked the floor to give it a homey feeling. How the furniture was wisely arranged to make the house more family oriented yet still has class.

I started to move up to the garden…

It's really nice that all of Myungsoo’s plants were still well taken care of; the nice and refreshing view still never cease to amaze me, every time I passed by here..

I went to the garden where Woohyun, Chloe and L.Joe were..

“L.Joe oppa! Let's play house!” Chloe dragged the defenseless L.Joe.

“ok!” He sure enjoyed playing with Chloe.

I sat at their swing looking at the great scenery. The old feeling starts to linger from the bottom of my heart. This was the swing where Myungsoo and I use to snuggle every night looking at the stars while planning our future together…

as I touched the swing I could still feel how deep my love for him was, how we used to laugh our problems away, how we had our hopes in life.


Flashback

“Baby come on!” Myungsoo dragged me to their garden.

“One moment. I’ll just help clean the table” I said while I picked up the plates on the dining table. He grabbed my hand and I looked at him, he was already pouting and gave out his prize winning puppy eyes.

“Please?” Aww, He's so cute, But I must not fall for that anymore. He knew my weakness and that was his cute side. I need put up a strong front.

“No… and you’ve been hanging around with Chloe a lot that you already caught her cuteness.”  I said while picking up the other plate. I didn’t dare look at him when I said those because I might not stop my smile.

At the side of my eye, I saw him pouted and gave a big sigh, but he looks like he was thinking…

“Okay. Then I won’t hang around with Chloe that much. Who do you want me to hang with? Hmmm… Woohyun?”

When I heard his name my reflexes sped up and I looked at him with a worried face. Wrong move.

When he saw me and he giggled and he started to recite some of Woohyun’s lines…

“Take the life preserver.” He said in a serious voice.

“Why? Are we going swimming?”

“No. You might drown in my love…”

I was caught off guard with his cheesiness, I giggled.

His face lit up even more when he saw me giggled.

“Let’s go!” he grabbed my hand and tried to pull me.

“But..” I look and pointed at the plates on the table…

“Don’t worry aunty will clean that.” He said referring to their maid who was also giggling at us.

“Go, go. I'll take care of this.” Aunty said as she was shooing us away.

We sat at the swing; he placed his arms around my shoulder and I rested my head on his chest. The wind blew cold air but in his embrace it didn’t feel cold, it  felt romantic. Then he started to push the swing back and front.

We look at the stars and as usual, we started to connect them..

“Look!! That one looks like a bear eating a fish.” I said while pointing at the star.

“Oh! Oh! Look at that one. It looks like a alligator dancing before the dawn…”

I raised my eyebrow and look at him..

“What?”

He looked at me and laughed. He didn’t said a thing, he just laugh and pulled me into his arms again.

"The stars are very pretty tonight” The mood changed, it became more calmer.

I nodded in agreement. “Yeah.. they shine even more brighter tonight, wonder why”

“I think I know.”

I look at him, as if he really knows but ill ride along and play his little game.

“Wait. I'll show you why."

He stood up and stood in front of me with his arms wide open.

“Look closely okay? I won't do this again..”

He showed his hands..

“Nothing”

I nodded..

Then he went in front of me he sat on the ground near my feet. we both looked at the stars, I hugged his neck and I rest my chin on his head, then he tried to grab a star. He close his fist and look at me.

“They shine so brightly tonight because they want me to give you this.”

He knelt down and he showed a diamond ring…

“Will you be mine forever?”

My eyes started to tear up. And I smack him on the head.

“Ow!!! Why did you do that?!” Myungsoo said as he was rubbing his head..

“It's your fault!!! You made me cry!!!”

When he heard me said the word cry he jump right beside me and hugged me..

“I would never do that to you.. promise…”

“Promise?”

He nodded and kissed my forehead…

“Where do you want to get married? Because I want to be right next to you,…”

 I gave him a look…

“I still haven’t said yes…”

He kissed my forehead again “I know you.. you can't resist me..” He smiled…

End of flash back.

 

“You miss him don’t you?” Woohyun suddenly joined in the swing.

I immediately wiped the tears from my eyes.

“Can I join you? I'm girlfriendless today as you can see.” He said while pointing at the two who is enjoying their time playing house.

“Why would you ask permission if you're already sitting?” I said in a serious tone and face. It's already our habit (Myungsoo, Woohyun and I) to state the obvious but we only do that between the three of us or else we will be in big trouble.

Woohyun glared at me and gave out a big sigh…

“You still haven’t change Yuni…” He said in a serious voice while looking at the Chloe who let L.Joe wore a big ribbon on his head.

“You too.. you still have that corny line…”

Both of us giggled…

“Yuni..? It's been a year.. have you even thought of falling in love again?”

Woohyun’s words made me think for a while…