If Only You Know What Really Happened

Love Me For Who I Am, Not Because I Have His Heart

The calm and peaceful eyes of hers suddenly replaced with an intense hatered. After 15 years that I had been away from them, feelings concealed, I couldn't even come close to my bestfriend. Even just giving me a chance to speak my thoughts or even to say goodbye to her is impossible. Guarding her from afar, looking at her, loving her from a distance is already painful, but what pains me more is that she forgot about me, our past, and my love, If only I can turn back time.

I never thought that there would be some people that would hold a grudge for that long, 15 years. 15 long years, they still haven't moved on from the accident. For someone her age its quite immature to act like that but if that happened to me, I think its proper. For someone who almost killed the person I love, its right to act the way they do.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Park" I lowered my head as I asked an apology. I know it's wrong to break your promise but if I didn't made my move I would regret it. It's my one and last shot to reveal myself to Yuni and the last chance to let Yuni fall inlove with me again, just like before, my princess. I would gamgble everything for this shot even if it takes my life.

"Sorry? Why are you sorry Byunghyun?" She said so sweetly like an angel talking to you.

I cringe my forehead thinking what just happened. Maybe she moved on and here I am over thinking things.

A sign of relieve overwhelmed me when she said those words. At last I can be with Yuni without worrying that her parents will go against us again or plan to kill me at some point.

I was about to lift my head and give her a big smile, but as soon as I saw her face everything changed.

"Is it because you broke your promise to leave Yuni live her life without you or is it because you almost killed her? Which one is it Byunghyun?" The words that she said was a pang of pain. I couldn't even say a word to her to defend myself. Her glares were striking straight to the bones, her words can crush your heart.

"What is it Byunghyun? Cat got your tongue? If you can't even give me a good reason why your with my daughter then it is much reasonable for you to leave her be. Her life was already wonderful without you, she can live her life without you, she doesn't need you so why bother showing your face to her again? You should be ashamed to show your face to me and much more to my daughter. That face of a MURDERER."

"I am not a murderer Mrs. Park, it was an accident. Please believe me Mrs. Park it wasn't my intention to hurt her. I already regret the things that happened, if you could only give me another chance I can prove to you that I am not a murderer."

For her to call me a murderer was too much, a murder is different from the accident that she impost. I need to clear my name inorder for her to accept me again, but I dont know how, if her mind is that close then how can I explain to her everything all she knows what happened after the accident, who caused it and how, but she doesn't have any idea what happened before it.

Flashback: It was another sunny day, just like any other days it was very warm to play in the playground. I rushed to the phone to call Yuni.

"YUNI!!!!" I screamed my lungs out, I really want to see her today, well actually I really want to see her everyday if its possible. She is my only friend, my only playmate, the only person who really likes me for who am I and most of all she is my one and only princess.

"L.JOE!!!!!"

"YUNI!!!"

"WHAT??!!!"

"Want to play at the playground today?"

"Haha! Sure race you there." As soon as she put down the phone I hurriedly changed my clothes. I sprint back and forth to gather my things, hope I dont forget to bring something. 

Have you had that feeling where you have someone to lean on when your down, someone you can depend on when no one is there for you, someone who can make you feel that your the most important thing than air, its much more when I'm with her. I must be sick because there's no such thing that is much important than breathing, but if im really sick, then I don't want to be cured, I'd reather choose to be sick than be cured because this feeling makes me feel contented with what I have. YUNI. Cheezy I know.

"Mom! Hurry up! we must beat Yuni!" I tugged my mom to walk even faster.

Why does all mom this heavy anyways? Its taking forever for her to get ready and even to walk to the park, Yuni will beat me for sure. Next time I'll have mom prepare before hand before I ask Yuni to the park.

After a good 20 minutes finally we arrived at the park. Seriously, it took us 20 minutes when the park is just 10-15 minutes walk from our house, my mom really loves to tease me.

When we finally arrived at the playground I instantly looked for Yuni, but she was no where to be found. Hahaha! I AM FIRST! atlast for the first time I came first. I beat you Park Yuni! hahaha! wow! I kinda like this feeling, winning. Maybe that the reason why Yuni like to win too. Sneaky.

"Hahahaha! I won!!!"

"You won what?" My heart leap and forgot to beat for a second or two. Seriously where did she came from? Suddenly sneak up on me and acting cool.

"Aish. Please dont sneak up on me like that again Yuni." I placed my hand on my chest, its still beating fast, I tried to calm down first by closing my eyes and breating in and out slowly. This isn't good for me if it wont calm down.

"Ey! you ok?" Yuni peaked at me, I know cause I also peaked at her with my one eye.

I closed my eye again, nodded and continued my "meditation".

"You want some of this ice-cream? It's your favorite, Triple Chocolate Delux." Tempting. VERY tempting.

"Oh come on L.Joe, I'm sorry for sneaking up on you. If you want your the first one that arrived here, just don't be angry at me, you know I can't take it when your angry and not talking to me." Hehehe. Now that's very tempting.

"Ok." I said in a sly manner. I wasn't acting mad I was really calming my heart down, but her proposal was just at the right time when my heart calmed down.

We walked towards the swings while our moms sat on a near by bench to talk about... well almost everything under the sun and even under the moon.

"The playground is pack with kids today. You go first Yuni, I'll push the swings for you." I said as I smiled at her.

She just nodded at me and give a faint smile. Is she still thinking that Im mad at her? OMO!

"Uhm.. Yuni are you alright?" She looked at the ground, nodded and give another faint smile. And there is Mr. Awkward again, passing by. There was silence~

Then suddenly she stopped the swing. She still looked at the ground.

"L.Joe?" This isn't good.

"Y~yes?"

"Please dont be angry at me, it hurts." She looked at me with those hurtful eyes, tears are forming in her eyes, oh no. This is really not good. I need to think fast. 

"Yuni, even if you do all those silly things to me, I will never be angry at you, actually... I find it cute." I scratch my head and I blushed, I mean who doesn't blush when you just confess your feelings.

Yuni's eyes locked on me. In daze with I just said. Ok this is awkward again. I need to say something. Why does Mr. Awkward keep on coming?

"Uhh.." Great! I cannot think of anything good to say.

But Yuni giggled.

"You don't need to say anything, I get it. I love you too L.Joe." With what she said my heart beat fast. Its so nice to hear those words from her.

"Push me higher L.Joe"

"Ok!" We enjoyed ourselves that we forgot that the time flies. It was almost dark when our moms called us.

"See you tomorrow Yuni!"

"Ok! take care of yourself L.Joe" 

 

Yuni's POV 

While my mom and I walked home, my mom asked me suddenly.

"Yuni? What happened earlier with you and L.Joe?"

"Its nothing serious mom, why are you asking?" My mom paused for a while. She looks bothered and worried, nothing really serious happened between us. This is the first time that she acted like this.

"Dear L.Joe cant be stressed or be depressed in what so ever reason." Ok. This is weird what kind of a person must not fell those? Even the president have to feel that.

"Why mom?"

"Because L.Joe was born with a chronic heart dear."

"What's that? Is he superman or something?"

"No honey, it means that L.Joe has a weak heart, and they've been looking for a compatible donor for him so that he can have a strong heart. And.." My mom paused, ok this is creepy the first paused indicated L.joe having a weak heart, now what does this second pause means?

"I cant say this to you nicely dear, I know you love L.Joe, but sooner or later you will know about this... if L.Joe will be stressed or depressed he will... he will die." My mom was right, It wasn't nice to say those words to me, and she was also right too when she said that I need to know what will happen to him. But! I cant accept that! Why?! He's the only friend that understands and accepts me for who I am, and now my mom is telling me that he will die?

Without any thought and hesitation I ran towards L.Joe's house, I didn't care that my mom was chasing and calling me to go back. All that was in my head is how L.Joe kept this from me, I thought we were friends, I won't forgive myself if something happened to him and I can't help him because I didn't know that he has a weak heart. If he dies like that I'm going to kill him. Its double kill for him!

While I was running towards his house, I instantly saw him with his mom walking merrily on the other side, a block or two from me. I stopped and shout his name, panting and hoping that he could hear me. A couple of second our eyes met.

"Yuni!!!" He waved at me and let go of his mom's hold.We both ran towards each other, I was on the left side of road while he was on the right side, when we were already facing each other, I yelled at him.

"Hey! Why didnt you tell me that you have a weak heart?!!" His eyes widen at what I said, he intentionally kept it from me? Then he ran to cross the road.

"Im sorry, I kept it intentionally from you, I don't want you to treat me differently because of my condition, my other friends avoided me or acted wierd when they knew my condition and I didnt like it, I dont want you to change like them." Tears were forming in his eyes, it was really painful in his part, it was already too much for him to have that kind of condition and his friends even changed because of that.

"I'm sorry L.Joe, I didn't mean to. I promise I won't change because I know your condition, I'll still bully you." I said laughing, and it brought a smile to his face too.

"Well, I guess we need to go back to our moms"

"Dont worry my mom is inside the store buying food. See you L.Joe!"

"Bye Bye Yuni!" L.Joe waved good bye while crossing the road.

 

No one's POV

Unnoticely a truck was running fast than it should be. Honking loudly L.Joe noticed it, but instead of running away he just stood there, frozen.

"L.Joe you stupid!!!! Move!!!!" Yuni ran towards him and push him hard.

He hit the side walk. But before she could run away from danger too, she looked at the truck; honking loudly and the last thing she saw was a bright light. Time stopped, everyone who is in the vicinity stopped for a second. The first one who was out of trance was L.Joe, tears falling from his eyes, screaming his heart out looking at his friend drench with her own blood unconcious.

He slowlly walked towards her; his left hand was supporting her head while the other was holding her hand. Tears were falling from his eyes and landed on her cheeks. She managed to raise her free hand to wipe his tears. Startled by her touch, he looked at her eyes.

"Stop crying you stupid. You might get a heart attack or something, and I'll be liable for it."

Wipping his tears away he managed to respond "You're the stupid one here! Why did you do that?!"

"So that you wont die. STUPID."

On the other side a fast and loud stomp was heard.

"L.JOE! What have you done?!!!" Yuni's mom instantly pushed L.Joe and carried her daughter away to bring her to the hospital.

On the other side L.Joe's mom was also in daze when she saw Yuni drench in blood, she instantly ran towards L.Joe and followed Yuni's mom to the hospital. While driving, his mom would ask him what happened but he would keep silent. He would just look straight without blinking.

They arrived at the hospital 10 minutes after Yuni's mom.

The moment she saw L.Joe, she grabbed his arm tightly, shot a glare at him and asked the same question: What happened.

The terrified L.Joe still kept quiet, shaking in fear and couldn't look into her eyes. His mother grabbed him and hid him behind her.

"What are you doing?! You are fully aware of his condition! I know your angry but don't you dare lay a finger on him, he is my son!!!"

Before things heated up more the doctor came out of the emergency room.

"Doctor, how is she?" Her mom rushed.

"She needs to be operated, we found that there is a blood clot in her head and we need to get it as soon as possible."

Her mom nodded but tears were falling.

"I dont want to see you near my daughter again! That includes no communication! Do you understand me?!"

Out of fear L.Joe nodded without even thinking and he and his mom went out of the hospital.

After the operation, Yuni had a memory loss because of the damage she had with the accident. Caressing her head while sleeping, her mom thought of something "Maybe its best that you lost your memory. At least I won't have any hassle refraining you to go to L.Joe. We'll start a new life again, without L.Joe."

 

Im so sorry for updating so late. T^T will you still forgive me? Hope this chapter update is ok..

 I also want to say a big thank you to SRHYnamwoohyun she really helped a lot with editing this chapter. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! (. ^_^ .)