The Last Person I Wanted To See

Love Me For Who I Am, Not Because I Have His Heart

A smile crept while I’m gazing at the kids who are enjoying their time playing. Their laugher is so contagious! Just can’t stop looking at them having fun and it makes me feel so light. It makes me miss playing too. I don’t have time now that I own the shop, I have to lot of things, worry a lot and most of all I have to look over the staffs, and they often quarrel over something so small. Oh gosh! Just thinking about it makes my wrinkles appear more. I really need a break, but what is happening now, how crazy the situation is, I can’t relax. I’m can even see Myungsoo. They say that if you see someone who died already it means you’re already exhausted and delusional. -__-

I just miss Myungsoo. That’s all I’m not delusional, right?

“Are you alright Yuni?” I looked at my right, to see L.Joe glancing at me with a concern look.

I nodded and gave out a warm smile.

“Can you still remember the time we went here?” L.Joe asked while he slipped his hand on my waist and then he faced me. We both look at each other’s eyes and savor the moment that we’re both together. But it’s really awkward. I couldn’t think of a good answer and the longer we stare at each other the hotter my cheeks are, oh boy, I hope I’m not blushing like a mad tomato. That would be embarrassing!

I cupped his right cheek tenderly not to break the mood.

“Of course I do, you rented a couple bike and even paddled alone. It was fun and memorable for me.” I love teasing him; how his cheeks would all puff up and red, and how cute he looks at me like he want to bite me or something. But I know he won’t, hopefully.

“Yeah, it was fun, if only you helped me paddle the bike. You were heavy, you know.  Look I even gained muscles.” He raised his arms to show his “biceps” to brag. I rolled my eyes at how he can be conceited a times. WAIT! Did he just call me fat?! I WAS not FAT! I AM not FAT and I WILL never be FAT! NEVER!

I started to walk around him, arms crossed and scanning him. Well I just want him to feel a little bit of anxious.

“Yeah, you were VERY strong. But if your legs did all the paddling, then why did your muscles grow on your arms?” I raised an eyebrow. Still waiting for whatever excuse he may put up.

“Hmmm... well. Its magic.” He wiggles his eyebrows. I seriously mental slap myself.

“Magic?” I retorted. And the bickering starts again. Having L.Joe as a companion is never boring, you will always bicker on things, even the littlest one. But at the end of all those you will see yourself smile, his childish personality makes him lovable.

Myungsoo was quite. He didn’t even want Yuni to see him crying when she’s enjoying her time with L.Joe, she deserves to know the truth and the best person to tell her that is none other than L.Joe himself. All he needs to do is to trust Yuni and wait for the perfect timing. The Blue Moon.

 

I love to argue with Yuni, she makes me smile every time we bicker, and not one of us wants to admit defeat. I guess spending time with her will never be a dull moment for me.

While we were in the middle of our argument, I notice that an old woman; who is around my height, long and curly black hair and she also has a hazel nut colored eyes. She has wrinkles on her face and she’s a little familiar to me.

The old woman suddenly went pass us and took a glimpse of Yuni. But Yuni didn’t notice her because she was so feed up with expounding her side. When she realized who Yuni was her she gasped.

“Yuni, Darling is that you?” Yuni faced her and when she also realized who it was she immediately hugged the lady and she also returned the hug back.

“Mom! How are you? It’s been so long since we’ve seen each other.” Yuni said as she loosens her embrace on her. I can see in her eyes how much she misses her mother.

“Yes dear. It’s been so long, I miss you so much!” she said as she hugs her again.

At a split second she noticed me at the side. Her eyes grow bigger as she recognized me, and I know this isn’t good. But she immediately calmed her face and faced Yuni with a warm smile.

“Is he your friend dear?” Her mom said as her head turns to me, and Yuni did the same thing.

“Oh I’m sorry for being rude mom, Yes he is my… friend. His name is Lee Byunghun but he prefers to be called L.Joe. and L.Joe, this is my wonderful mom.” I can see in her eyes that she is indeed happy to see her mom.

When I look at her to give a hand shake, I saw her mom giving a painful look at me, while she extends her hand to shake mine.

“Nice to meet you Mr. Lee.” When our hands touched I could feel the anger how painful her grip is, too much for being old.

She looks back at Yuni with a smile. Yuni didn’t notice a single thing at least that’s not adding to my problems.

“Yuni, I kinda miss this park, its been years since ive been here, is the ice cream truck that we used to buy still here?”

“Yeah mom still the same? Chocolate deluxe?”

“Yes please.” Her mom smiled back at her

“ok mom. How about you L.Joe?”

“same” I give out a smile.

“ok, you two sit and chat over there while I get the ice creams kay?”

Yuni went ahead to buy our ice creams. Her mom and I gave a wave to let her know that we’re ok. the moment that Yuni turned her back was the scariest thing that happened to me.

“I told you to stay away from my daughter; she’s already forgotten about you, as you can see that clearly. She’s been living all this 16 years normally without you. And now suddenly you pop out of nowhere? You’ve promised me not to show your face again to her.” A sly smile suddenly came.

“and now your breaking your promise. HOW. DARE. YOU.”

Myungsoo on the other hand gave out a smile as he saw the reaction of Yuni’s mother.

“I guess fate still sides with me.”


 


Hi guys im very sorry for the super late update. I'll make sure to finish this as soon as possible. please forgive me >.<