final stage performance

a dream that comes to reality

 

This chapter is quite long choesonghamnida T.T

 

After that day I was determined to win this competition more than ever. If I want to impress the boys I should practice more. I was really inspired to give them a great performance when the final stage arrives. I worked so hard to get where I am now. I can’t manage to lose now. I can see that I’m not the only one who was dedicated to win. Kevin was serious too. He’s too busy practicing that we didn’t had time to talk. Both of us practiced day and night whether if it’s in the house or in the training room. Kevin was not a good dancer compared to me but when it comes to singing he can easily beat me. So that’s what I’ve been focusing the whole week.

Finally the day of performance has come. To be honest I’m really excited to perform. Why, because I can now see my bias again, if it’s the last time.

At the dressing room I was becoming more anxious than ever. I’m having second thoughts about myself and my skills. I’m thinking what if I slip or fall, forgot the lyrics or steps, say the wrong pronunciation or even worse crack up or lost my tune. Maybe the our make-up artist notice that I’m quite worried because she suddenly game me a massage at my back and shoulder and said,

“I know your nervous, I can feel it on your muscles it’s so obvious. Yah! You know Doojoon texted me a while ago he said that I should say this to you. He says that he knows you’ll be very anxious today so just relaxed, remember to breathe and have fun!”Uee said and smile

I was shocked when I heard that. I know that all of them are nice and kind but I didn’t expect that he’ll do that.

“Chincha? He said that? Ommo, I’ll try but this is what I can assure. Ill definitely do my best.”I replied.

“I know you’ll do well my dear.”She said and winks at me.

I slightly laughed because she looks weird when she winks like that. Actually I consider Uee as my only friend here although I made some friends which were the other contestant but since they were already eliminated me had no one except her. She can speak English fluently, has an outgoing personality, talkative and has a sense of humor. Suddenly Kevin went to our position and said,

“Yah! ______ ssi good luck eh.”He said.

“Kamsahamnida. You too.”I replied

“Neh. I won’t be easy on you. You know that don’t you?”Kevin added.

I just smiled at him and bow a bit.

“Just kidding!”he said before he walk away.

After an hour it finally started. I and Kevin san a duet together called DO NOT WANT TO HEAR ME by Hyunseung and HyunA of Troublemaker to start up the performance. I was looking for Beast at that time but I couldn’t find them. Then for the next performance Kevin dance the song IT GIRL by Jason Derulo. I saw his dance number and it was clean except for the turn he made at the chorus part of the song. Then it was my turn to sing. As I went to the center stage I finally saw them which were located at the left side of the judges. Dongwoon was the one that I notice first. He was talking, talking and talking to Gikwang. Junhyung and Yoseob were busy playing with their phone. Hyunseung was looking for something at his pocket I think while doojoon was just looking at me straight in the eye. Then the music started, in an instant all of their eyes were focus at me. I’m quite comfortable now after my first performance together with Kevin and after seeing his dance. I sang the song called YOU AND I by Park Boom or 2ne1. I put all my emotions to that song so I hope they felt what I was trying to portray. After I sang I notice that all of them are smiling and when I saw it I smiled back unconsciously then Doojoon made a good hand gesture. Its Kevin’s turn now to sing but before he proceed to the stage he hugged me and said,

“You were great! I never thought you could sing that well! Now you’re making me nervous.”

“Aigoo Kevin-ah. Stop teasing me. Your much better than me when it comes to singing we know all that.”I said

He just smiled and smirks. He sang the song I WILL FORGET YOU by CNBlue. As expected he did a great job, he really has a unique voice. Then it’s time for my dance performance, what I really hate about this performance is that I’m wearing a very high heels and I’m not used to heels. I dance the song BLOW by Kesha. it was quite y and had big movements so as far as I know I danced with all my heart out there. After I danced I was shocked when Beast was clapping their hands, because no one was supposed to clap. Doojoon, Gikwang, Yoseob, Hyunseung, and Dongwoon were giving me a standing ovation. Junhyung was just sitting ad nodding when he saw that the others were standing that’s when he decided to stand up too and clapped. I just bow and smiled a bit to them.

Our performance has come to an end; it’s now time for judging. There were five judges, the President of Cube Entertainment, Manager Ma which is the future manager of whoever will win the producer, vocal trainer and main choreographer of the cube entertainment.

Comment for Kevin

Producer - “your voice is really unique. It was very soothing to hear plus the fact that the song matches it. You’re good.”

Vocal trainer – “when you were having a duet with ____ssi you seems relaxed and confident however you lost it when you sang your solo but still you have a great potential.”

Manager Ma – “I’ve watched you grow since you got here I would like to point out your pronunciation, you have the ability to pronounce well.”

Choreographer – “your dance was clean however you wobble on your turn also you last charisma in the middle of your dance but you’ve recover at the end.”

President – “from your audition I can see that you’ve learned and apply a lot however it seems that you lost some confidence in some of your performances. You have a potential I admit that and I hope you keep it up and be consistent.”

Kevin was just bowing and nodding all the time.

Comments for you

Chorographer – “even though you had a hard time practicing with heels it really paid off you dance with charisma like a pro. You have a certain power when you dance. I enjoyed seeing you dance.”

Vocal trainer – “it seems that you really practice hard. I was wrong when I guess that you’ll have a hard time singing because I know you’re not confident in singing at all.”

Producer – “It’s great how you’ve managed to keep us focused when your signing. We really felt your emotion when you sang your solo.”

Manager Ma – “I can’t point out any wrong. You really did great ____ssi.”

President – “I didn’t expect that you will grow this fast, I under estimated you. You really improved a lot; I can’t believe that it’s just been three months.

And the deliberating comes. I and Kevin were holding hands at the stage. It feels like forever waiting for the result. My mind was mixed with all of the possibilities or what might happen and suddenly they have announced who won. I was deaf for a moment.

President – “because you’ve shown us more than what we’ve expected blah blah blah… the winner is ___ssi.”

Kevin smile and hugged me I was quite confused at the moment that’s just when I realized that I won.

“Huh? Me? Ommo!” I said

I was holding up my tears. I really don’t know what to say now what to do.

“chukadurimnida ___ssi. I knew you’d win when I heard you sing a while ago.” Kevin said while I still can’t talk.

Everyone was congratulating me and all I did was bow and hold back my tears and then Beast approached me.

“You won! You did great! Chukadurimnida! I really want to hug you right now but I can’t.” Doojoon said and laugh while he putted his hand on my head.

“Yah! Hyung what are you doing to her? Anyway, chukadurimnida. Should I call you dongseng now? What do you think?”yoseob said and did a good sign gesture.

“Well I guess I’ll see you in the building eh. By the way you really did great!” Junhyung said and wink at me. I was surprised at what he did because I thought his a snob.

“We should do dance practice sometime, you know I adore your movement. It was flawless! Chukadurimnida.”Gikwang said and putted his hand at my arm

“My hyungs were really impressed. You surprised us a lot. You’re like a pro when you perform. Chukadurimnida.”Hyunseung said and did an okay sign hand gesture.

“Well what should I say? Welcome to cube entertainment! You’re now a cube trainee. High five!” Dongwoon said and I smiled and we high five.

It was the night I won’t ever forget for the rest of my life….