003

Happy Without Me

 

 

 

“I’m really sorry, dear. But..you know that they already had their eyes on you.

Samantha glared at her bags as they were being loaded to a black Mercedes Benz van, her boss looked on, apologetic.

“I got the email two days ago, sir.” She pointed out as another set of her Goyard trunks were being carried out of her apartment. Mr. Schmid looked on, knowing well that nothing would console the girl.

“I know, but it’s only six months. And, you’re the perfect choice for the job, you know that. The higher ups love you.”

“They love me so much that they send me away from the main office.”

“They love you that much that they trust you to do this job and start a department spearheaded by you.” Mr. Schmid countered with a smile.

“Without asking for my input, of course.” Samantha seethed as the driver started the van, the elderly male gave her a nod.

“I’m sorry, dear. I tried talking to them about it.”

Samantha rolled her eyes and ran her fingers through her hair, she picked up her Chanel tote bag and glanced around.

What’s so bad about going home anyway? Don’t you miss your family?” Mr. Schmid as she took her hand and hooked their arms together, he walked her to the van.

“My brother, I very much miss. My mother’s not even in the continent.” Samantha grumpily muttered, her boss smiled, already used to her.

“Of course, you don’t miss the chairman Im.”

Samantha made a face; he opened the car’s door for her.

“The files I sent you?”

“I already printed them; I’ll be reviewing them on my connecting flight. I hear Dubai’s a lot of fun.” She said dryly as she took out the bright orange folder from purse.

“Ceylon Telco, Korea Energy and MinSung Hospitals. Great choices, I only know one of them.” She informed him, Mr. Schmid smiled before kissing her cheek, Samantha frowned and hugged the male.

“If you run out of parmesan and brie, call me, I’ll send some over.” He chuckled as the girl let go.

Tell Ellie I’m going to miss her cooking.” She mentioned his wife, who invited her over every Sunday for dinner with them, the Schmids have become family to Samantha.

“Of course, have a safe flight, Sam.”

Samantha nodded and the door slid close, and she leaned back on the seat. She browsed through the files briefly and took note of the names and other co-owners of the said companies. She checked the time on her Omega timepiece before grabbing her phone.

It took a couple of rings before the person answered.

“Ahjussi, it’s me.” She said before the male could speak, the man from the other line chuckled.

“It’s been a while, young miss. What can I do for you?”

 

 

 

Seri looked up from her phone just as she heard the chair across her move, Chaerin had been sending messages on their group chat. The girl wanted to know if they wanted to buy matching ear cuffs from Cartier, while Seri herself was game, no reply came from Soojin. Which was nothing new to them, the Im girl could get very busy.

Chaerin decided for her, so, the three of them were getting diamond and ruby encrusted ear cuffs.

“Did you wait long?” He ed his coat and took the seat across her, Seri shook her head and set her mobile device aside.

“I just got here.”

“I’m sorry, traffic was bad. Let’s order.” Bohyun said as he picked up the menu, Seri nodded and looked at the items.

“Right, about tomorrow night, Seri-ah,”

She looked up as he waved for the waiter to come over.

“I might have to cancel, I’m really sorry. Something came up at work, and I tried getting out of it,” The older male continued with a frown.

“But I’m needed there. We’re having this meeting with our finance department.”

“Oh, are things not doing well, oppa?” She asked, concern coating her voice. Bohyun gingerly shook his head, his phone started buzzing but he ignored it.

“No, it’s just a quarterly thing, don’t worry. The company’s doing fine.” He smiled as he reached for her hand and kissed the back of her palm. The two began their meal while chatting about their day, Bohyun had chucked his phone in his coat pocket, claiming that it was just his secretary calling him and he was certain it was nothing urgent.

The couple made their way out of the restaurant, Seri hooked arms with the male.

“Are we still meeting your friends at the club this weekend?” He asked they reached the sidewalk, it was sunny out in Cheongdam.

“Yes, at the polo club, oppa. Not a club.” She chuckled at him, Bohyun playfully rolled his eyes.

“None of you even play, yet you all drive there to watch. Who are we watching, really?”

“One of us does, but she’s out of town. It’s…more of a tradition, really.” She mused as they reached her car.

“So, I’ll see you this weekend?” He asked as he opened the door for her, the girl nodded at him.

“Drive safely.” Bohyun said as he leaned down to kiss her cheek, Seri slid inside the car and the male watched as the BMW sedan sped away from him.

 

 

 

Changkyun puffed his cheeks as he looked at his laptop, he was to have a meeting in twenty minutes, but the email notification on his phone made him pause.

And now he was reading it, and now he wished he hadn’t.

He looked at the time on the screen, it was already three in the afternoon and all he wanted was to rest as soon as he got home.

But the electronic invitation and other details his father’s secretary had just sent destroyed his plans. He was going to have to think how to inform his sister about this. Or, if she already knew, how was he going to handle Soojin’s reaction to this?

“Sir?”

Changkyun looked up, his secretary gave him a small apologetic smile.

“Have you seen it?” He casually asked the older male, Changkyun preferred to speak comfortably to employees.

“I did. I was already informed to clear your schedule for rehearsals. I told them I’d try to make time.”

“Good job, hyung.” Chankgyun stood up and picked up his coat again.

“Do you think Soojin already knows? What times is it there now?” The secretary spoke as he took Changkyun’s laptop and helped him with his coat.

“I don’t know. And I’ll think she’ll just complain and rant about it, abeoji getting remarried is not enough to get her to fly home.” The younger Im mused.

“I think you need to rephrase that.” The older mused as they stepped out of his office, Changkyun smirked and shook his head.

“He’s marrying someone my sister hates. It’s going to be a field day if she does come home then.” KangSan Group’s second-in-command mused to himself as they headed to the elevators.

“If that happens, sir. What should we do?”

Samantha’s brother pursed his lips and straightened his tie.

“We hide, then we ask Shownu hyung to detonate the bomb.”

“Vice president Son it is then.” The secretary nodded to himself with a knowing grin.

 

 

 

Shownu covered his mouth as he let out a small yawn, he loosened his tie as he walked back inside his office. His assistant came tailing behind him.

“Should I arrange for lunch to be sent here, sir? Or, are you going out?”

It was already two in the afternoon, and the YooMin Group VP was tensed and running on an empty stomach. The morning meeting had been delayed for an hour and a lot of changes were made with regards to new company policies, and there was an upcoming audit too.

“Have lunch sent here, and,” Shownu took his seat and exhaled.

“Did I get any calls?” He asked.

“Yes, the director from KB Bank called, he said he’ll be coming over this Thursday, he needs you to sign a couple of documents for your personal accounts. I already told him to send other required documents to Switzerland as you instructed.”

Shownu nodded along and checked his emails.

“Miss Han called, she was asking about this weekend. Polo, I think.”

“I’ll call her back later, what else?”

“Meeting with Loen Financial tomorrow, and the Samsung approval, sir.”

Hyunwoo nodded along as he began typing on his computer.

“Tell Samsung I refuse to sign anything if they haven’t changed the contract, and, make them wait.” Shownu instructed, and then he looked up.

“Did you ask driver Choi to prepare the car? I leave for Busan in an hour.”

The secretary paused, his brows went up. Shownu blinked back at him.

“I thought…you sent him on an errand, sir.”

“I..didn’t. Why is he not downstairs?”

“Yes, he left about half an hour ago. He told me that he needed to go, and that he shouldn’t be delayed. I assumed you had special instructions for him.”

“No, I asked him to come here because I need him to drive me to Busan,” Shownu trailed off, clearly confused. Driver Choi had been specifically assigned to him for years now, no one would send the man off on an errand unless he instructed it.

Shownu was about to speak when his phone buzzed, his brows rose as he read the message. One of his Hyundai Black cards have been activated and used.

“Oh.” He blurted out, his secretary looked on, already worried.

“Have the car prepared, call Busan and tell them I’ll be there tomorrow. Move the Loen meeting,” Shownu stated, he stood up, grabbed his coat and left his office.

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++