024

Happy Without Me

 

 

 

Jisoo pursed her lips as she set her phone down, she exhaled and leaned back on her seat.

“Are you not going down, ma’am? I already had the car prepared.” Her secretary asked as she entered the officec, Jisoo slowly shook her head.

“No. It…got cancelled. Tell director Song that I’ll be at the meeting.” She said dismissively, the other lady nodded in reply and stepped out of the room.

The girl frowned as she turned her chair, she faced the windows and exhaled again. Shownu had just cancelled on her, that was twice this week. And she didn’t know if she should be mad with him for being honest with why he had to cancel on their plans.

I’m sorry, something came up. Soojin asked me to drive her to some errands.

“It’s because she hasn’t been back in a while, she probably doesn’t know her way around.” She murmured to herself, the girl stood up and paused.

“I knocked, thrice.” Shinhye raised three fingers while grinning at her, Jisoo sighed and waved her over.

“Were you talking to yourself?”

“Well, if your boyfriend cancels on you twice, you’d start to wonder too.” She muttered, Shinhye’s brows rose in confusion.

“Shownu cancelled twice?”

“Hmm, apparently Soojin needs help moving about.”

Shinhye slowly sat down, intrigued but she didn’t comment.

“I…don’t know what to think about it.” Jisoo stated as she took the seat across her friend, Shinhye leaned forward before speaking.

“Don’t think. How do you feel about it?” Her friend replied, Jisoo crossed her arms before speaking.

“She’s pretty; ridiculously smart, has a great personality, and comes from a good family. What do you think?”

Shinhye grimaced and her lips.

“She’s..always been close with the family. And,”

“They grew up together, I don’t want to resent her for that, Shinhye. I really don’t.”

“Then, don’t.”

“She’s not making it easy. And, he..always puts her first.”

“Jisoo-ya, she’s~”

“I..can’t stand her.”

 

 

 

Hyunwoo scratched the back of his head as Soojin checked her reflection on the mirror.

“You needed me to drive you here to get another piercing.” He stated as he walked towards her with the girl’s coat and purse in hand.

“Changkyun’s busy, he’s leaving in a few days. I don’t want to bother Ara or the girls.”

“Of course, Butterscotch, it’s a weekday after all.” He pointed out, the girl rolled her eyes and they exited the shop.

“I remember a certain someone forcing me to skip work this Saturday because you also have somewhere to go.”

Hyunwoo glanced at her, sheepish.

“What? What did I do now?”

“I had plans with Jisoo today, I’m going to be in trouble now. Don’t you feel bad for me?”

“No.” He reply was quick, the male scoffed at her. But Soojin was smiling as she pulled him along.

“You should have told me when I called. Sorry.”

“Would you have a no from me?” He shot back; the girl slowly shook her head.

“Dude, Hyunwoo, my ride or die, you must cherish moments like these. You…You’re planning to get married soon, do you think your wife would be chill about hanging out with me?” She stated as they entered a men’s clothing boutique.

Hyunwoo grew quiet as the girl browsed through some shirts; Soojin pursed her lips as she examined the fabrics.

“You’re right.”

“Of course, I am.” She made a face at him; Hyunwoo rolled his eyes before taking her uninjured hand in his.

“I’ll go check if they have jeans my size.” He mused before kissing the back of her palm and moving away, Soojin exhaled and pressed her forehead against the shelf.

“Why is he so dumb?”

Soojin picked out a few shirts for her brother and Hyunwoo, she had a couple of items in her hand when she heard him calling for her. The girl made her way towards the denim department.

“What is it?”

“I forgot my size. And the inseam.” Hyunwoo blinked at her while raising a pair of jeans, the sales assistant looked on with a smile.

“I always forget I gave birth to someone older than me.” She muttered under her breath as she grabbed the pants from me.

 

 

 

Kai looked up from his desk, Soojin tilted her head at him.

“Sure, I’m up to attend a party with people I don’t know.”

“Don’t be dramatic, my friends will be there. You know them.” She stated as she shut her laptop close, Jongin leaned back and crossed his legs.

“Will your friend’s boyfriend be there?”

“Do you want to die?”

“You know, I really would have appreciated it if you didn’t tell me, work wife. Because, I have to talk to the guy, no, I have to face him. And I hate cheaters.”

“Me too.” She frowned as she put her coat on.

“Don’t give me that look. I know that she has to know. But, I have a lot on my plate right now. I can’t just walk up to her and announce that Bohyun is a cheating . Man .”

“I can walk up to her and announce that.” Jongin mused at her, Soojin sent her a withering look.

“Don’t.”

He made a face at her before glancing at his computer again, Soojin grabbed her purse and adjusted her sling again.

“Where are you going? Do you need me to drive you?”

“I’m off to the hospital, I think there’s a chance that my cast might be taken off today.” She cheerfully said.

“It still surprises me that the Yoos we are supposed to approach found you first, via accident. Should I thank your horse?” He said as he walked her to the doors, Soojin made a face at him.

“Just thank me that I made friends with the son.”

“I think the son has the hots for you.”

“I think you have the hots for Seri that’s why you’re so adamant on spilling about Bohyun.”

Jongin winked at her before ushering her to the elevator.

“You know so well, wife.”

“Hey!” Soojin hollered but the doors closed to her face.

 

 

 

“Doctor, your patient is here. The VVIP.”

Christian looked up from his table, he set his coffee down.

“I have a VVIP today?”

“Yes, you scheduled for Miss Im to come in today, you called earlier before you went in for Mister Gong’s operation.”

The young male nodded in reply, he stood up, sanitized his hands and step out of his clinic. He paused, seeing Soojin standing by one of the information counters, she was chatting with her driver.

“Miss Im.” He spoke as he walked towards her, the driver bowed politely before excusing himself.

“I have good news for you, I hope you’d return the favor.”

What is it?” Christian couldn’t help but smile as he led her to his clinic, he signaled for one of the interns to follow after them.

I got a call from my boss, everything’s good. I just need your father and a company representative to have a meeting with us, just..a formality. And, that’s it, then we can move on to contracts.

That is good news, Soojin-ah.

So, what do you have for me?” She was smiling as she sat on the hospital bed, the male chuckled.

“I can remove the cast today, but I would suggest not to go riding yet. Please.” He switched to Korean as the intern joined them.

“Do you actually think I’d go back there right away? I already have worked piled up for me, remember director Yoo?” She pointed out, Christian grimaced and his junior smiled to himself.

“Well, I guess that works for me then, as your doctor. And as a client.

“Of course.” Soojin muttered under her breath as Christian helped her remove the cast, the girl grew quiet as the two doctors got to work with removing her cast.

“Have you had lunch? Are you allowed to lunch out?” She asked as the intern left the clinic, the girl was already flexing her newly uninjured arm.

“Yes, we are allowed to eat.” He mused, Soojin exhaled and checked her fingers, she grimaced.

“Wanna come with? Seri texted me before I got here, I am invited to lunch. With your friend.”

Oh is the friend of mine that you don’t like?

You really want to start that game, doctor Yoo?” She rolled her eyes, Christian laughed at her reply.

“I try to limit my interactions with Bohyun as much as I can, dear.”

“Pretty please? I’ll put in more good words for you with the bank.”

You literally just said that things were already set.” He started to laugh, Soojin frowned as she picked up her coat, the male quickly helped her to it.

Please, I can’t deal with him alone.

Your friend’s going to be there, it would be weird if you go out to lunch~

Ian, please.” She whined, the doctor chuckled before leading her to the door.

Give me a few minutes to change, I’ll be with you in a bit.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++