019

Happy Without Me

 

 

 

“You should be careful next time.” Mr. Son begrudgingly said as Hyunwoo helped Soojin to the wheelchair, the girl was against taking one. But her friend had persuaded that it would be easier for them to get her to the lobby instead of having her walk.

“I thought you were still out of town, abeoji.” She replied instead, Changkyun grinned as he picked up his sister’s purse, Soojin’s other bags were already sent down to the car.

“I’ll talk to director Shim outside; he was the one who processed your admittance.” Chairman Im muttered under his breath and left the room, Soojin chuckled and leaned back.

“Be nice.” Hyunwoo warned her as she was wheeled out of the room, Changkyun followed the two.

“You see, him being here will just…cause that.” She jutted her lips towards the men in suits approaching them; these men were probably the hospital’s directors. She sighed and decided to look around, she had no idea which hospital she was taken to.

“I am not ready for that.” Soojin muttered under her breath, Changkyun stifled a laugh, but another figure walked towards them, effectively blocking Soojin’s view of the executives.

I see you finally got what you wanted, miss Im.” The male spoke with a distinctive accent, Hyunwoo paused, confused.

You have no idea, thank you for rushing my tests, Ian.” She mused back; the male laughed and ran his fingers through his hair. Soojin’s eyes went to the logo on his white coat.

“We’re at MinSung?” She suddenly looked up to Hyunwoo, the male nodded back at her, amused at her for not knowing.

It was nothing, I’m glad to see you are well.” He murmured as he leaned down to examine her injured arm, Hyunwoo turned to Changkyun as the male brushed Soojin’s hair away from her face, checking her stitches.

“It’s not going to scar, but you still need to get it checked next week.” He stated as he pulled back, Soojin frowned, that was going to take her time.

“Ah, hyung, this is doctor Yoo, he’s noona’s attending physician.” Changkyun chimed in, Hyunwoo nodded back before extending a hand towards the doctor.

“One of her many attending physicians,” The doctor said with a knowing grin, Soojin rolled her eyes at him.

“Nice to meet you, thank you for taking care of Soojin..” Hyunwoo said lightly, the young doctor let out a small laugh before taking his offered hand. The YooMin vice president took note of the male’s tattoos before returning his smile.

“It was nothing. I’ll see you around, miss Im.” His eyes went to Soojin before moving along, the girl halted.

“I hope not! I mean, I wouldn’t want to see you around.” She called out, Changkyun winced at his sister. While Hyunwoo noticed that the executives had lingered around, not approaching them while Soojin conversed with the doctor.

Ouch.” Ian had turned to face her, with one palm on his chest.

I mean, not in a similar circumstance!” She quickly added, the male let out a laugh before entering one of the rooms. Soojin exhaled and plopped down again.

“Be nice to your doctor too.” Hyunwoo mused as they pushed forward, now the executives were already making a beeline towards them. The older male paused; he glanced back towards the room doctor Yoo had disappeared to.

“He’s nice looking.” Soojin mused at him before her father introduced her to the hospital’s general manager. It took them several minutes before reaching the lobby, Soojin was chatting with Hyunwoo’s secretary while waiting for Hyunwoo’s car.

“Noona, abeoji and I will have to go first. There’s meeting we~”

“I know, it’s fine.” Soojin waved him off, Changkyun sighed before leaning down to kiss the top of her head, Chairman Im approached her.

“Hyunwoo said he’ll be driving you home, is that okay?”

“Yes, abeoji. You don’t even have to ask that.” She stated, the elder sent her a look, Soojin simply shrugged in reply, then the elder faced Hyunwoo.

“I’ll leave her in your hands, thanks, Hyunwoo-ah.” He said while patting his shoulder, Hyunwoo nodded back in reply.

“It’s nothing, uncle.”

 

 

 

Jisoo put her phone down and exhaled, she felt her mother’s eyes on her.

“What is it?”

“I thought I’d be meeting Shownu oppa for coffee today, but he said he couldn’t.”

“He must be busy, dear.” Her mother smiled and went back to checking her emails again, the elder had arrived at her office a few minutes ago. Mrs. Choi had wanted to check on her daughter before leaving for a business trip the following day.

“No, he’s taken the day off, eomma.”

“Oh, why? Is he unwell?”

“No, not exactly. His friend, Im Soojin was discharged today. Shownu oppa’s the one who took her home, he said he’d be at the Im residence. He invited me over, but I had to decline.”

“Im? Ah, you mentioned about his family’s close ties with the Ims once. I remember. But, is he watching over her?”

“Yes, eomma. They’re….kind of close.”

“And that worries you?” Mrs. Choi glanced at her daughter, the girl sighed and shook her head.

“Not really, his cousins worries me. The one married to a Chae? She’s quite a piece of work, and they’re all pretty close, you know? I just hope…she doesn’t say things that would make Soojin not like me.”

“You’re worried that his friend might not like you?” Mrs. Choi grew curious, she set her phone down and faced the girl.

“She’s Im Soojin, eomma. KangSan Group’s daughter. Everyone wants to be liked by her.” Jisoo let out a short laugh, the lady tilted her head briefly.

“How long did you say have they been close? Since they were students?”

“No, longer than that, eomma. They grew up together.” Jisoo continued as she went back to her laptop, the elder made a face and crossed her legs.

“Then, you shouldn’t be thinking about his cousin, dear. Im Soojin is the problem here.” The lady pointed out, Jisoo looked at her parent.

“What do you mean? I’ve seen them interact, eomma. They’re~”

“Jisoo, she’s a young lady that’s always been in his circle. And she’s single. And don’t you find it odd that he’s spending the day with her even though you asked him to go out?”

Jisoo grew quiet, her mother sighed and stood up, she made her way towards her daughter desk to face her.

“I’m telling you, dear. That girl will be a problem, maybe not now, but in the future, she will be.”

Jisoo grew quiet as she silently drummed her fingers on the table, her mother let out another sigh before kissing her cheek. Jisoo swallowed before nodding back.

“I wouldn’t want you to lose the Son boy, darling. I know you love him.”

 

 

 

Soojin chewed on her lower lip as the Rolls Royce Cullinan drove away from her, Hyunwoo’s secretary was going to park it at their garage.

“Hey,” She felt Hyunwoo’s hand on her arm, she turned just as two of the house staff took her bags.

“You didn’t have to take the day off, I can still walk.” She said to him as they entered the Im residence, the older male eyed her cast warily before speaking.

“What happened, Im Soo? You’re one of the best riders I know.” He said to her, Soojin sighed and went straight to the kitchen, Hyunwoo set her purse down before following her.

“I got distracted, I was on my phone and didn’t see that tree branch. Or branches.” She stated as she struggled to pull the fridge door, Hyunwoo let out a chuckle before yanking both doors open for her.

“What do you feel like eating? I asked them to prepare kimchi stew for later.” He said as he leaned over to see the contents, Soojin puffed her cheeks and leaned against the counter.

“Fruit and yogurt.” She said, the male hummed back a reply and proceeded to take out some kiwi and a cup of yogurt.

“The GaEul thing went well, right?”

“Stop worrying about, the deal was pushed through.”

“So, it was delayed.” She grimaced, Hyunwoo shook his head at her.

“It’s fine, Butterscotch. I don’t think I can concentrate on the meeting if I didn’t check on you first.”

“Awwwe, I’m touched.” She said while feigning tears, Hyunwoo scoffed at her before opening the yogurt.

“Of course, you’re my biggest investment. I can’t have you totally injured.” He pointed out as he put the sliced kiwis in the yogurt and pushed it towards her, Soojin laughed and got herself a spoon.

“Changkyun’s going on this long trip with Ara after abeoji’s engagement party, so I got myself a part time job at KangSAn.” She told him, Hyunwoo tilted his head briefly, he was holding onto his spoon and waved it at her. Soojin pushed the cup towards him.

“You’re worried about that?” He asked as he took a spoonful of yogurt, careful not to take the kiwi bits.

“I wouldn’t use that word, maybe just..a tiny bit apprehensive? It’s been a while since I’ve stepped foot in the company. Or any KangSan office.” She added as she took a spoonful of kiwi for herself.

“You’ll do well, Butterscotch.” Hyunwoo smiled at her, Soojin shrugged and leaned back on her seat.

“Right, I…I did check some venues, I made a list.” He started as he took out his phone, Soojin nodded and peered over the screen.

“Can you make time next week?”

“You want me to…go with you?” She said as she browsed through the photos on his list, the male nodded back at her.

“Okay, just make sure we eat on time, then my time is all yours.” She said with a polite bow, the male snorted before cleaning up the table.

“Go and shower, I have a conference call in a bit. Then we can eat lunch, yes?” He said as he stood up, Soojin nodded in reply and headed up to her room.

“Son Hyunwoo?” She hollered from the steps.

“Yes?”

“Can I borrow driver Park tomorrow? The Rolls too!” She leaned over the railings; it took Hyunwoo a few seconds to reply.

“I already told him, and yes, you can take the car. I’ll be staying for dinner as well.” His usual calm tone reached her, the girl smiled and walked to her room.

 

 

 

“Hey, I heard one of Seri’s friends got admitted to your hospital. She’s the one who fell off a horse.”

Christian exhaled and glanced at his phone, he had his AirPods on when Bohyun called and he had mistakenly answered.

“You know I don’t talk about~”

“Her name’s Im Soojin.”

Christian paused, his brows going up. He took off his shirt and walked towards his closet.

“What about her?” He sighed at his friend.

“She’s the one I mentioned, I met her before finding out that she’s friends with Seri. You were there when I talked about it.” Bohyun chuckled, the young doctor huffed in reply. Christian grabbed one of his clean shirts and walked back to his room.

“I think I saw her chart.” He fibbed.

“She’s the Swiss Bank representative I met over lunch, she’s the difficult one. That girl got me worried when she stepped in the room last week, I really thought~”

“Swiss Bank?” Christian doubled over, he jogged back to his phone and opened his father’s messages, he backread their previous texts, and he halted.

You idiot.” Christian muttered under his breath, Bohyun scoffed at his tone.

“I didn’t know she’s the KangSan daughter, okay? If I did, do you think I would~”

“You made a pass at your girlfriend’s best friend?” Ian sounded so confused, he was trying to recall Bohyun’s story from the last time they met, there were times that he had opted to tune him out.

“Well, can you blame me? She’s hot.”

Christian exhaled, he set his phone down and eyed his father’s text message.

I already made reservations. Please meet her for me, her name is Im Soojin.

He scrunched his nose and padded towards the kitchen, Bohyun was still on the other end of the line.

“You met her, huh?”

“She was a patient, I do not wish to discuss her, Ahn Bohyun.” He muttered under his breath, the latter chuckled.

“You did meet her. How did you find her?”

“You’re….One day you’re going to get in trouble.” He stated before ending the call, he walked towards the counter and started preparing his dinner. He set the vegetables down and leaned against the counter.

“Im Soojin.” He said with a slight shake of his head.

“I guess you are going to see me again after all, miss Im.”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++