016

Happy Without Me

 

 

 

Soojin puffed her cheeks as they stepped out of the private hall, she eyed her friend warily as the male led her to the restaurant’s secluded garden.

“That’s him, right? The man you mentioned the other time.”

“Hyunwoo, now’s not the time to~”

“He’s the guy who was being improper with you, the Ceylon son.” He continued, Soojin pursed her lips briefly before speaking.

“Yes, that was him. Now, can we go back inside?”

“Why….Why are you pretending that it’s your first time meeting him? Im Soo, shouldn’t you be telling Seri about~”

“Please, Seri…Seri wanted this night to be perfect. I don’t…I don’t want to cause trouble, and neither should you.”

“You told me that he was being inappropriate with you just weeks ago, and now you’re okay with him?”

Soojin crossed her arms, Seri’s request from the other day kept on replaying in her head. And just now inside the hall, she looked happy, the girl was literally glowing.

“Well, I don’t think they’re that serious yet, I’m sure Seri knows how to protect herself well.” Soojin replied, the male was about to speak but she beat him to it.

“Just drop it, Son Hyunwoo. She’s happy, isn’t that what really matters?”

“Old you would have reacted differently.” He quipped in return, Soojin rolled her eyes as she sidestepped him and headed back for the doors again, but Sehun was already there.

“I’m late.” He mused as he held the doors for her, Soojin grinned at the male.

“You’re not that late.” She said as they walked in together, Seri looked up from her salad and quickly introduced Bohyun to her brother.

“Sehun-ah, let me sit with Seri.” Soojin said as she gestured towards the seat she had just vacated, the one beside Jisoo. Chaerin paused, her eyes going to her friend just as her cousin walked in the room, his eyebrows bunched together.

“Well, what are the specials?” Hyungwon asked the older male, the latter blinked at him.

“Bouillabaisse soup, and fresh scallops. And, I asked if we could have radish kimchi.” Soojin calmly said, Hyungwon glanced at the girl and grew amused.

“Ah, you two fought.” He nodded to himself, Jisoo nudged the male beside her.

“Are things okay?” She asked softly, Shownu turned to her and gave her a small nod.

“Don’t worry, you’ll get used to it. These two rarely argue, but when they do it’s usually over the smallest things.” Hyungwon chuckled, Seri let out a laugh and agreed with him.

 

 

 

“It went well, right?” Chaerin whispered as they went down the steps, Soojin smiled before speaking.

“It kind of did, thank you for behaving tonight.”

“Haha, very funny. But, the guy seems okay, he’s super tall too. He looks good standing next to her.” Chaerin hummed, Soojin pressed her lips together before speaking.

“So, we’re going for the aesthetics now, good.”

Chaerin snortled, she glanced behind them, her husband and Sehun were chatting casually.

“But, what did the girl talk to you about? I saw you two murmuring to yourselves. Right, we haven’t spoken about the other day at oppa’s office.” Chaerin blinked as she made the girl stop.

“Ah,” Soojin blurted out, Jisoo’s words replaying in her head, her forehead creased briefly.

“It was nothing really, maybe I’m just being sensitive? It’s my first time…being in town with Hyunwoo in a serious relationship. It might take some getting used to.” Soojin smoothly said, Chaerin shrugged, but didn’t comment. Soojin knew she was right too, stepping in was not a good move. But it has been a habit of hers for years.

“Soojin-ah, you drove alone. It’s a little late, I can take you and have someone get your car tomorrow.” Sehun spoke, the group paused, Soojin felt Bohyun’s gaze on her as the male stood beside her friend. He had one arm around Seri’s shoulders, and the girl was smiling back at her.

“Oppa has a point, Soo.” Seri nodded at her.

“Thanks for the offer, but I have a place to be in an hour.” She said to Sehun, the male nodded back.

“Where are you going?” Hyungwon chimed in as the group continued to walk towards their cars, Soojin glanced at Hyunwoo and Jisoo, the two were ahead of them.

“Airport. I misread some texts, my colleague is coming in tonight. I have to go pick him up.”

“You’re transferring back to the house tonight?” Hyunwoo spoke, his eyes were on her, Soojin shook her head.

“I’m not sure yet.” Her reply was short, she turned to Seri, not giving him another chance to speak.

“I have to go. Dinner is on me next time.” She winked at her, she gave Bohyun a quick bow before turning to Chaerin and Hyungwon.

“I get Haeyoung next weekend, right?”

Hyungwon scoffed at her, but Chaerin chuckled and gave her a quick hug, Sehun waved at the girl before she went to her car. Shownu’s forehead creased as the Audi rolled away from them, his eyes went to Bohyun for a few seconds, but then he felt Jisoo’s hand on his.

“I think we should get going.” She said to him, the older male nodded back in reply.

 

 

 

“You’re late. You were the one who planned this.”

Bohyun loosened his tie as he walked over to his friends.

“I had to meet my girl and her friends. A total circus, really.” He stated as he took a seat, his two pals glanced at each other.

“What do you mean?” The tattooed one asked, curious.

“A bunch of ridiculously rich kids who love to act as if they’re not. Anyway, I thought you couldn’t make it, something about a big surgery?” Bohyun titled his head at him, the latter shook his head before taking a small sip from whiskey.

“It had to be moved.”

“Why?”

“Complications. Don’t ask, I can’t answer.” He shook his head at him, Bohyun nodded along before asking for his usual drink.

“But, this girl you’re seeing, Oh Seri, right?” His other pal asked.

“Yes, a family of lawyers. Her brother is one too.”

“Wow.”

“You’d wow more if I told you who her friends are.”

The tattooed male shook his head, his two friends loved to gossip, and he didn’t.

“Why? Who are they?”

“I just had KangSan and YooMin in one table.” He smirked as he downed his glass in one go.

“Really? Wait, what are their names again? Those brats never show themselves, it’s always their minions doing PR work for them.”

“I met YooMin Group’s vice president, apparently Seri and him go way back. Son Hyunwoo.”

“Thank you.” The doctor said as his order of fresh fruit arrived.

“And, the most curious thing just happened tonight. Remember when I told you that someone from Swiss Bank wanted to make an offer to us?”

“Swiss Bank?” His doctor friend turned to him, brows raised.

“Yes, apparently, they do send someone over to talk to you. Abeoji asked if I could go meet them, and, lo and behold, the Swiss Bank person is Im Soojin, also KangSan Group’s Im Soojin.”

“Please tell me you didn’t that up, ‘cause that would be trouble for you.”

“I didn’t, but, she pretended not to me. Interesting, huh?”

“She pretended not to know you?” His other friend asked as he fiddled with his watch, tracing the outlines of his tattoo.

“She did, I don’t know why, maybe because she didn’t want her friend to get any ideas. But, that just made me excited.” Bohyun cackled and leaned back on his seat.

“Why? How does she look? Pretty?”

“She’s more than that, she’s got all the curves at the right places. And, it also doesn’t hurt that she has a rack~”

“Hey. Please.” The other friend spoke again, exasperated.

“Oops, the big tattooed guy doesn’t like that.” Bohyun hummed at him, the latter ignored him and just refilled his drink.

 

 

 

Soojin crossed her arms as she stared at the Arrivals doors. Her forehead creased briefly and she leaned back on her car.

“This is going to be an adjustment. But she will be marrying him. I hope. She’ll protect him, they will be fine.” She nodded to herself, she shivered again, it was snowing mildly, and she was standing outside her car only with a black turtleneck top and a pair of denim jeans.

“But still, not interfering with Seri and Bohyun dude is a must. I’ll just have to look out for her too.” She nodded to herself, she checked the time on her Richard Mille again.

“Just where the hell~”

“Sammy Sam Sam!”

The girl grimaced and looked up, and there he was. The tall male crossed the street and headed straight towards her, not noticing how he got looks as he passed by.

“Welcome to South Korea.” Soojin said as he leaned over to hug her tightly, the girl sighed as her Chanel boots left the ground.

“You can put me down now.”

He let out a deep laugh and kissed the side of her head before setting her down.

“Here I was thinking you’d be unenthusiastic about it.” Soojin said as she opened the trunk, the male rolled his eyes.

“I haven’t been in my father’s hometown in years, Soojin. Of course, I’d be curious.” He spoke as he put his bags in.

“You’re curious, not enthusiastic.” She mused; he rolled his eyes before facing her.

“Kai, I’m serious, were you forced to join me here? Because, really, I can call Schmid and tell him that~”

“I know you can handle it, but,” He let out a sigh before burying his hands in his pockets.

“I’m kind of here to…check on my fatherr’s side of the family too.”

Soojin’s frowned but then a small smile started to form on her lips.

“Okay, because I have this one client I am itching to pass to you.” She exhaled, he chuckled before slinging one arm around her shoulder.

“Let’s talk about work after I’ve slept for at least ten hours, Soojin-ah.”

“It’s official then, let’s get to work tomorrow, Kim Jongin.”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++