025

Happy Without Me

 

 

 

Are there chances that Bohyun might be sincere with her? Or should I laugh at myself for even asking that?” Soojin asked as Ian and her walked towards the restaurant, the male tilted his head at her before pulling her towards the inside of the sidewalk.

“I can laugh with you if you want.” He offered, the girl sighed and shook her head.

I know I should tell her, but….things between her and my other friend aren’t so good, and she…she was really hoping that we’d get along with him.” She continued while examining her now free arm, Ian nodded along as she spoke.

You’re right, Seri should know. But like you said, it may cause trouble.” Ian murmured, frowning at the thought of Bohyun’s idiocy.

The best thing I can do is…stay quiet and watch over her, right?” She said while nudging his arm, the doctor smiled and nodded at her.

“It sounds like something you would do, just please don’t get on a horse while you’re at it.”

“People should drop that, you know. I’ve won trophies when I was younger.” Soojin pointed out, Ian chuckled and simply gestured for her to go first. The girl was about to speak when she spotted Seri and Bohyun already seated at one of the tables.

“I’d ask you to be nice, but it’s not my place.” Ian switched to Korean, the girl rolled her eyes at him and went ahead.

“Huh.” Bohyun spoke, Seri glanced at him and her eyes went back to her friend as she spoke with the male with her. She knew of him, that was her doctor. Her brows rose as she saw Soojin smile and chat with the male.

“I…I didn’t know they were close.” Seri mused under her breath.

“Barom mentioned something about MinSung and Swiss Bank.”

“His family’s connected with MinSung?” Seri faced him, the male nodded before calling for one of the waiters.

“They own it.”

“Hi, sorry to keep you waiting.” Soojin reached the table, Seri stood up and greeted her with a hug, Bohyun raised his brows at Ian before shaking his hand.

“I just came from the hospital, and,” Soojin stretched her arm towards her friend, Seri chuckled.

“I’m free.”

“I can see that, Im Soo. Congratulations.”

“Yes, that’s why I invited Ian to come join. It’s my…way of saying thanks.” Soojin said as she plopped down, Bohyun smiled at her and she ignored it.

“Doctor Yoo here and I go way back, we’ve been friends since we were children, babe.” Bohyun began, Seri blinked and nodded.

“Wow, it’s nice to finally be introduced..properly.” Seri mused as she stretched her hand to him, the other male smiled.

“Same here, Miss Oh, or should I address you~”

“She hates it if you address her as attorney or lawyer Oh.” Soojin pointed out as she picked up the menu, Seri shook her head at him.

“Seri’s fine. Barom-ssi.”

“I go by Ian, usually.” He said with a small smile, the male’s eyes went to Soojin, the girl was glaring at the menu while Bohyun tried to talk to her.

“Oh Se, do you want to share this pasta? I heard they serve great~”

“I already ordered for the table, but you can add if you want.” Bohyun stated, Ian looked at his friend.

“Seri has allergies, what did you order? Please tell me there is no seafood involved.” Soojin said softly, her forehead creased. Bohyun paused, looking confused.

“It was a lobster dish. And a surf and turf.” Bohyun blurted out, Ian winced and looked away.

“Oh, I can just order a salad.” Seri shook her head, Soojin made a face before standing up.

“I’ll go talk to someone there, any other allergies I should know of?” Soojin was starting to stand, Ian felt the girl’s hand on his shoulder. Seri hid her smile as she saw it.

None. I can eat anything, dear.” Ian replied with a smile, Soojin nodded before leaving their table. Bohyun immediately turned to his friend, not realizing what could have happened or what he just did.

“So, you and Soojin? I like it.” He teasingly said, Ian pressed his lips together, he looked at Seri briefly as he chose his words.

“There’s nothing to like.” Ian replied, feeling protective of the girl.

“Yet.” Bohyun hummed, Seri chuckled and poured herself some wine.

 

 

 

Shownu on the insides of his cheeks as the person from the other end continued to talk. He had been on a work call with Loen Financial for almost two hours now.

“No, I don’t think we can adjust to that. We’re running out of time, and like you mentioned, this should have been done three weeks ago.” He spoke, he heard the doors open, his secretary mouthed something at him. Shownu nodded back at the mail and he faced the windows again.

“I can’t extend it, director. Please just call our legal team about this, or you can work towards the deadline.” He stated as Jisoo walked in the office, the girl smiled at him. Shownu sent her an apologetic look before speaking again. The girl set her purse down and proceeded to walk around his office, she smiled as she reached his desk.

“Exactly, this is not something that can be changed.”

Jisoo paused, noticing the documents on the center of his desk, her brows went up, seeing Shownu and Soojin’s name on them. The girl picked them up and she tilted her head, as she recognized YooMin Group’s logo on one of the papers, then she read KangSan’s name as well.

Shownu put his phone down and exhaled, he was about to greet the girl with a kiss when he noticed what she was reading.

“It’s to protect me, just in case my aunt and~”

“She’s basically your wife already, oppa.” Jisoo breathed as she set them down, Shownu grimaced and swallowed.

“It was something the Ohs suggested years back, Seri and Sehun were aware of how…my aunt was, is, so they figured that if I bind some of my assets to Soojin, it will keep me safe from them. Soojin wouldn’t agree to it if she didn’t do the same thing.”

Jisoo remained quiet, refusing to look him.

“Look, I was planning on having it fixed. But Ser has been~”

“Oppa, there’s something I need to tell you.” The girl turned to him, the male slowly nodded back before taking her hand in his.

“Before…Before we got serious, you told her about me. And I really am happy that you have a friendship like that, it’s rare to have really good friends nowadays. And I’m glad that you introduced us earlier on, but, oppa,” Jisoo exhaled, pulling her hand away.

“She makes me uncomfortable.”

“Jisoo-ah, Soojin’s just~”

“Just a friend, I know. But, one call from her, and you drop everything. I don’t know if you’ve noticed, or you’re just used to letting her have her way, but she’s eating your time. I barely get to see you nowadays, and I see her walking around, interfering with your life as if…she runs it.”

Shownu turned quiet, unsure of what to do.

“Oppa, think about it, from the moment she got back, how many times have you cancelled on me? How many times has she called you or show up her unannounced and dragged you around?”

“It…It doesn’t really work that way with us, Jisoo. But I hear you, I understand where you’re coming from. And, I apologize that my actions have made you feel uncomfortable.” Shownu stated as he walked towards her and taking her hands in his.

“Oppa, you should limit your time with her.”

 

 

 

Soojin grinned as she hooked arms with her brother and Ara.

“I’m excited for you two, a month without prying eyes.”

“Noona, don’t make it…sound like that…weird.” Changkyun muttered as he walked ahead of them, their bags were being handled by the airline staff. Soojin chuckled and Ara shook her head at the girl.

“Are you heading to the company after this, unnie?”

“Yes, I have to check in for the day, since I have nothing scheduled for my other work today.” She spoke as the two girls skipped security and went straight to the lounge.

“Thank you for doing this, unnie. I know how much….thought you put into agreeing with Changkyun.”

“Anything for you and my baby brother, as long as you give me nieces or nephews.” Soojin shrugged at her, Ara blushed and the two took their seats.

“What’s wrong, unnie?” Ara asked as the older girl checked on her phone again, she had noticed Soojin do that quite a number of times since their car ride to the airport.

“I’ve been trying to reach Hyunwoo since yesterday, he hasn’t replied or called back. Strange.”

“Maybe it’s because of work? I heard about his aunt starting again.”

Soojin exhaled and set her phone down.

“I hope it’s just his aunt, I’d hate it if something wrong happens between him and Baekho again.”

Ara nodded along as they were served some snacks, Soojin picked up the fruit smoothie.

“But unnie, things between Shownu oppa and Jisoo unnie are going well, huh? You’d know, oppa tells you everything.” Ara said with a knowing grin, she saw Changkyun walk in the lounge and she waved him over.

Soojin looked at the girl and set her drink down.

“What’s up?” Changkyun reached them, he kissed the top Ara’s head and plopped down across his sister.

“Honestly, I don’t know. I think talking about things going well is too soon for them,” Soojin smiled and grabbed her Chanel purse, Ara paused, surprised.

“I should get going. You two have a safe flight, call me when you land.” Soojin bumped fists with her brother before excusing herself.

 

 

 

Seri walked through the doors without question, the older male looked up and nodded at her.

“I have like an hour to spare, oppa. Chaerin and I picking up Haeyoung, we’re going on a shopping trip. Soojin’s busy.”

“It’s alright, Oh Se. Actually, I have a favor to ask of you,”

“Go ahead, oppa.” Seri replied as she plopped down across his desk, Shownu smiled and pushed the documents towards her, she halted, seeing that the documents only had Soojin’s seal.

“I’d like to…fix things. Properly.”

“Oh, back to the way it was?” She asked as she took some of the papers and browsed through it was.

“Yes, I hope it wouldn’t be too much work.”

“It’s nothing, oppa. So, no need to have Soojin be YooMin for you?” She said with a small grin.

“Yes, I think I can manage it now. I’m sure…Baekho would talk his mother out of whatever she plans to do.”

“Are you sure? I mean, your aunt can be something, oppa. I’ve heard of what she tried to do before. I mean, having your assets bound to Soojin was a great help back then.”

“I know, but I wouldn’t want to cause complications in the near future. And, Soojin just took a position KangSan, it may not be permanent for now, but we both know that anything can change.”

Seri slowly nodded along, not sensing anything wrong with the older male.

“Okay, I’ll have this done as soon as I can, oppa.”

“I’ll walk you to the lobby.” The older male stood up and helped her with her coat.

“I had lunch with Bohyun oppa yesterday, guess who Soojin invited to join us.”

The older male paused as they walked towards the elevator.

“That handsome doctor.” Seri mused, the doors pinged open and the two stepped in.

“Really? How’s her arm?”

“She didn’t tell you? No more cast. She was pretty excited about it, anyway, those two look good together. They click, oppa. And that’s not common.”

Shownu smiled and nodded.

“Soojin can be difficult.” Seri mused, the two reached the lobby and her car was being brought around.

“Thanks for walkin me here, oppa. Does Soojin already know?” She raised the documents.

“I’ll..call her tonight. Drive safely.” Shownu said, he watched as the girl got in her car and he exhaled. He buried his hands in his pockets and went back to the elevator. Shownu checked his phone and looked at the unread messages from Soojin.

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++