Chapter 27- Unwanted Surprise

TENANT

 

Jungkook’s body still hurts, and his bruises turns into a purple-greenish one which makes it hard for him to move, but still he decided to go to work, rather than staying at home where everywhere he looks will only remind him of Taehyung. He gets into the elevator and there he met his friend Jimin, “kook, how you doing? I heard what happened, I’m so sorry” Jimin didn’t waste time to ask, good thing it’s just the two of them inside the elevator.

“I’m fine, yeah about that, where were you back then?” Jungkook asks back, crossing his arms over his chest. “I… I just caught in some trouble, but I am fine too, thanks for asking” he said with a little bit of sarcasm. They both stay quiet for a moment before they both laugh, “I’m glad you are still sassy” Jungkook commented, “and so are you” Jimin retorted. “If Tae was here he would laugh with us” Jungkook’s laugh fades away and there is a hint of sadness visible in his eyes. “Did you hear anything from him?” he asked again making Jimin uncomfortable, he just shook his head and look down on his shoes. “Ah, as usual… I just hope he is doing fine” he said trying to hold his tears, Good thing the elevator stops on a certain floor and they both felt the world stops for a moment when the door opened and they saw the man standing there, in front of them.

“What are you doing here?” Jimin was the one who asked “I am here to go to work?” Jin said looking at both of them before stepping into the elevator. “What work? Since when?” Jimin and Jungkook look at each other. “Starting now, by the way, how are you?” he asks Jungkook instead “I heard what happened…” he said in a low voice. “Of course, it all happened because of you” Jungkook glare at him. Jimin can feel the heated air between them and he knew it will be a big problem if they will fight inside the elevator, and save by the bell, cause it so happened that they arrived on their destination.

“Ops, here is my stop, see you around” Jin stated as he stepped out followed by Jungkook, while jimin remains inside the elevator.

Jungkook didn’t expect what happened next, Jin enters the Marketing manager’s office, also known as Kim Taehyung’s office.

--------

“What the hell do you mean he resigned?” Eugine and his friends went to meet Hyukjae to figure out what was going on and here is the CEO telling them that SeokJin is taking Taehyung’s position in the company. “He filed a resignation letter, the position was vacant and Seokjin is Heechul’s brother too, you know the rules” Hyukjae stated. “May I see the resignation letter?” Jungkook asks trying to keep it cool. Hyukjae handed him the said letter and with shaky hands he read it carefully.

The letter states that he would not be able to do his work because of personal matters, it is as simple as that, and it really is Taehyung’s signature. Jungkook falls back in his seat and stare blankly at the walls.

“Did he hand it over to you personally?” Hoseok asks this time. “No, he sent it at home, from the post office” he answered, everyone felt silent “look, if he handed it over in person, I would not accept it. Because Taehyung is your friend and he is good at his work” Hyukjae explained “I’m sorry, I also don’t know what to do, but trust me when he said personal matters, I really don’t know anything. But I can ask Heechul when I saw him” those words lighten them up a bit. “just, don’t get your hopes up… I’ll do what I can” he added.

When they all went back to their offices, Jungkook can’t help but to think of Taehyung, there is not even a hint of his location and that’s what makes him worried, and it’s not just him, even his friends were worried too.

Jimin on the other hand, was trying his best to get even a little glimpse of his best-friend’s whereabouts, he was so emerge in his computer that he didn’t realize the door opens and Yoongi went inside, Yoongi put the box of pizza and canned cola on the table before walking towards the busy Jimin. Yoongi was curious so he went behind him, putting his one hand on the table for support and the other one on the backrest of his chair.

“What made you so busy that you didn’t hear me knock?” Yoongi stated making Jimin froze.

“Why are you here?” he asked still not moving. “Relax, I just want to eat Pizza and drink cola” he said still prying on his computer. “Using company resources for your own will?” he said making Jimin look at him, and he took that chance to place a soft kiss on the younger’s lips leaving him in astonishment. “You look cute when you froze like that” Yoongi smiles and he walk towards the table, “Come here let’s have a snack, and maybe I can help you after” he said opening the box of pizza he brought.

Jimin think of it, he may hate this person but he stands no chance, he couldn’t win against him, he didn’t know what he wants, or why he’s here, but if there is someone better than him on tracking or hacking, this person might be it. “Hello? Earth to Jimin?” Yoongi called again.

Jimin stand up and walk towards his visitor, “I was looking for my friend, can you really track him?” he said a contemplating if he could really rely on this man. “Well, you’ve been running and hiding from me for a couple of years but here we are now, eating pizza and drinking cola together” he stated handling him a slice of the said food.

“Why are you really here?” Jimin asks once again. “To eat pizza?” Yoongi answered feeling at home in his couch, Jimin glares at him didn’t make him flinch even a little. “Hey easy, easy,” even worst he just laugh at him.

“So tell me, who is it that you are looking for?” he asked trying to divert Jimin’s mind which is currently plotting a possible murder. “Would you really help me?” he asked once again. “Tell me the details first” Yoongi demanded.

Jimin is still not sure if he could trust this man, after all that happened he knew nothing of him, well accept he is good in bed, but that is not relevant to the current situation. In the end, Jimin choose to keep quiet and settle down to eat pizza with his unwanted visitor.

“Can you really help me?” Jimin ask after a while.

“Details please?” he demanded nonchalantly.

“This friend of mine went MIA, no one knows where he is, what he’s doing, all we knew is he is still alive somewhere.” Jimin started looking intently to his visitor.

“Maybe he wouldn’t want you to find him at all”

-----

At kim’s mansion…

“Hyukjae my friend! What brings you here?” Heechul cheers so loud while stepping down the stairs, Hyukjae and Donghae decided to drop by on their way home.

“Chulie-hyung, what happened?” he asks not willing to chit-chat.

“About what?” Heechul pour the glasses with bourbon before offering it to his visitors.

“Taehyung” one word is enough and Heechul release a heavy sigh, “What about him?” he Asked “he filed a resignation letter after a month of indefinite leave, your other brother, Seokjin, took up his position in the company and here you are, drinking and unbothered” Donghae said sitting on the sofa. “What is happening with you?” he added then.

“Tell me you came here to ask because you care and not because someone asked you” Heechul said intently leaning his lower back against the counter.

“yes we are concerned and when we say we, That includes Hoseok, Jimin, Eugine and Jungkook” Hyukjae stated sipping on his drink.

“Taehyung broke up with Jungkook, then he disappears, maybe you have some explanation about this?” Hyukjae said after a long pause and silence.

“You know, I don’t see why I need to explain this matter to you” Heechul said with a straight face, making the other men raised a brow. “Taehyung left without saying anything, so I am not in any position to tell you anything about it, but don’t get me wrong I honestly don’t know what my little brother is thinking right now, but please stay out of this matter” he seriously means what he just said.

Hyukjae stands up, with disappointment posted on his face he said “all those years, you left him alone, we stay by his side. We treat him as a brother, a family. You cannot force us not to worry about him.” He signaled Donghae that they were ready to go. “It’s not just you, Heechul hyung, everyone here loves Taehyung, so if something bad happens to him, my brother and his friends will get hurt too.” They were on their way towards the door when Heechul said “I know how important Taehyung is to you guys, but please stay out of it… I am afraid, my family is involve with this” Hyukjae’s breathe hitched by the new found knowledge. “but don’t worry too much, Taehyung is fine”

Hyukjae knew that there is a reason behind everything that happens, but the fact that the Kim’s were involved, this changes everything. He and Heechul were friends, he knew how this family works, Heechul once told them the story why Taehyung was left here in Korea. He also talks about his family in some occasions and whether he admit it or not he too was afraid of his father.

The drive home is safe and when he arrives at his house he saw his younger brother, waiting for him in the living room. “Hyung, any news about Tae?” Eugine asks once he sat at the couch.

“Look Gene, all I know is that Taehyung is safe, at least that’s what Heechul-hyung said”.