Chapter 3- The Poor Prince

TENANT

 

“You become a regular customer too?” Chef Kyuhyun’s audible laugh followed the question in which it caught the attention of no other than Jeon Jungkook who sat on his favorite place in the corner.

“Hyung! You know I have nowhere to go.” The younger whines at him making a pout in which he found cute.

“Hey kid, you know there is a tall building across the street?” he bend a little to level his eyesight to the younger and point a finger to where the building is, “And there is a unit belong to a certain Jeon Jungkook. I’m sure you are pretty much welcome there.” He added mocking the younger who swatted his hand and push him a tittle.

It’s Sunday and it means rest day to most working people, but here he is sitting at his hyung’s café with his laptop and a cup of coffee.

“Kyu, it is clear that he is waiting for a certain customer” Jeong-su decided to join the conversation making the younger groan.

“The handsome poor prince?” Kyuhyun said now facing Jeong-su knowing they got the younger’s full attention ‘coz he felt the light tug on his sleeves.

“Handsome what?” he asks with no longer whining.

“There is a rumor going on in the company you invested, it is about the poor but handsome prince. Base on what they said he is working in the Marketing Department. The rumors starts when he did not attend the annual party last year and many has seen him riding a bus on his way home, or buying bread on a local café. There is this one time where they followed him to his home just to be surprise with a rundown apartment.” Kyuhyun starts to narrate and think carefully if he remembers it right. Jeong-su who is listening behind the counter smiles and shook his head.

“And the handsome prince is here” he added then the bell on the door rang, indicating a customer has enter the shop. There he is, a familiar figure.

Wearing a black oversized shirt, baggy pants, and slippers. Kim Taehyung enters the Café. Jungook is wondering if the man came out straight from the magazine ‘coz he still looks handsome even if his brown hair covers half of his eyes.

“Hyung can I have churros, croissant and a strawberry milk drink?” his deep voice send shiver to Jungkook’s spine.

“Oh how are you Taehyung-ah!” Jeong-su starts a conversation since the café is not that crowded, unlike when its early in the morning and the workers always rush to grab coffee before going to their respective works.

“I’m good Hyung, how about you?” Jeong-su give him a smile while preparing his orders and he took a bit time than usual.

“We’re good too, you know Jimin might be home for vacation next month” Jungkook saw how the smile made its way into the man’s lips.

“Really? Tell him to see me” he said now paying for his food when Jeong-su stopped him.

“It’s okay Taehyung, it’s on the house” the mentioned man look at him with his unusual bigeyes “it’s okay, and you are our valued customer here, bro” Jeong-su said after handling him the paper bag with a wide smile. Taehyung still contemplating, forming a thin line with lips but he accepts the goods and mouth a ‘thank you’ before leaving.

“Jungkook will pay for his food” Kyuhyun said making the man snap his head towards them with the ‘What’

“That’s for the service to be honest, you got more time seeing your crush” Jeong-su again.

In the end they really made him pay for it.

-----------

“You are delirious! To be honest why do you always drag me in your problems?” Jung Hoseok’s voice echoes all over his bedroom while he pressed the phone on his ear.

“Hyung, please help me this once!” the voice on the other line is pleading, knowing he is in deep problems.

“There is no way I’m gonna help you, find another person who is willing to pretend as your boyfriend!”

“I already told her, my boyfriend named Jung Hoseok!” the pleading voice was laced with irritation this time.

“Then why the hell of all names, you came up with mine?” rubbing the bridge of his nose he can feel the headache cause of this kid.

“Because you will never fall in love with me! Hyung I want a break from all this relationships and I just want to focus on my studies. My father will kill me if I failed my last year in university!” the kid’s lash out puts him on pause for a while. “If you won’t help me, I’ll ask Taehyung hyung to be my real boyfriend!” he added making Hoseok back to his senses.

“Okay! I will help you!” that’s all it take for him to surrender, he don’t want to add another handful of problem in the name of Lee Eugine to his friend’s shoulder.

“Really? You will help? There’s no turning back hyung, I recorded this conversation!” the person on the other line was celebrating while he is suffering, what an unfair world.

“I promise hyung, I’ll take the internship seriously” he hears those words before the call ended.

That’s how he found himself setting a couple of not so thick files on the younger’s table hoping this documents will keep him stay and still on his table, far away from his office, which the kid accepted with a smile.

“Is your ex-girlfriend here?” Hoseok whispers to him while looking around making sure no one hears them.

“I don’t know, I hope she is not” the younger answers while flipping some pages from the documents he just handed.

With a sigh Hoseok returns to his office and sat down to his swivel chair, resting for few moments before he continues to review the pile of papers on his desk. Not too long he saw the time on his watch that indicates lunch time, standing up, he stride towards the door and went to Eugine’s table to pick him up before they went to Taehyung’s office.

Taehyung look at the two gentlemen who enters his office, they went out for lunch this time. Suddenly he felt a bit dizzy, his eyes were blurry and his head hurts a little but he never mentioned it until they finish eating their lunch and got back to their company.

Taehyung went home earlier than usual, thinking he might just need more time to sleep, but when he got home his head starts to ache more so he decided to drink medicines before lying on his sofa, he didn’t even realize that he fell asleep.

Taehyung woke up hearing a growl from his stomach, he got up and take a shower first before checking if his fridge have some food for him, well what did he expect? He lives alone and probably no one will do the grocery shopping for him. With a heavy heart he put on his clothes and decided to go out, his destination? The 24/7 grocery store few blocks away from his apartment.

Taehyung was on his way when he felt his head ache once again then followed by his stomach, he felt cold and his visions were blurry just like this afternoon until he lost consciousness.

Jungkook on the other hand saw a familiar figure across the street and he almost jump while running towards the door when he saw that the familiar figure falls on the ground. When he got closer he saw the unconscious Kim Taehyung on the cold street, he quickly pick him up bridal style and call for a cab.

Arriving at the nearest hospital he saw one of their family friend who is currently the doctor on duty, they immediately bring Taehyung in the emergency room as he waits outside the door, he stayed there until the doctor came out.

“Dr. Choi, how is he?” he asks the moment the door of the emergency room opens

“He’s taking rest, but his fever haven’t get down as of now. He might stay here for the night and It’s better if you can get him a pair of clothes to get change to later.” The handsome doctor said putting a hand on his shoulder.

“You should take good care of him, he’s so thin. Looks like he skipped a lot of meals, this may lead to anorexia.” Dr. Choi added before he left the younger speechless.

Jungkook shook his head in disbelief, still wondering why he stand in front of this rundown apartment with a key in his hands, he tries to keep in mind that he needs to get somethings for the patient while trying to convince himself that he is not breaking any rules. Its just that his friend also known as Dr. Choi Siwon asks him a favor to take care of the sick Taehyung who surprisingly doesn’t have any relatives so yes, he decided to pick some clothes for him.

He went towards the apartment and try to insert the key into the keyhole and as expected he opened the door, the room is small, and probably the size of his living room but surprisingly, it is clean and in order. He just need to take extra care because he can hear the floor creeks every step he takes.

Jungkook can’t help but to feel sad, who would think that the man who have the brightest smile -as long as his concern, is living in a place like this. It was like forever before he reach the man’s closet where he grab a pair of clean clothes.

On his way back to the hospital he promised himself that he will take care of him from now on, not even bothered if Taehyung will agree.

_____

“Manager Kim is not here?” Hoseok asks the staff when he saw the Younger’s office empty.

“Someone filed a leave for him, Sir” one of the staff answered making Hoseok nod before he remembers that Taehyung doesn’t have any relatives, so he asks who called for him.

“We did not know sir, but he said Manager Kim was sick.” The staff shared a confuse look.

Hoseok having no answers to his question decided to dial Kim Taehyung’s mobile number, but to his dismay, only the operator answered. Hanging up, he just went to the cafeteria where he found Lee Eugine leaning behind the vending machine, more like hiding. The said man was looking in a certain direction, Hoseok followed where he is looking and saw a girl wearing university uniform standing near the entrance of the cafeteria.

Why would he have to deal with this today? Releasing a heavy sigh, he walks towards where Eugine was hiding. The younger flinch a little when he put an arm around his shoulder and drag him on the entrance of the cafeteria.

The girl who glance at their way stand up properly and remove the earbuds she’s wearing.

“Why are you here?” trying to be cool while pretending is not that easy, and Eugine knew it better. “Still looking for me?” he added while Hoseok just look at them, back and forth.

“So, this is my boyfriend Jung Hoseok, hyung, this is Somi, my ex… the one I told you” he introduce them even before the girl Somi answer his first batch of questions.

Somi rolled his eyes and stomp his feet. “Excuse me, I am not here for you. I am here to see Kim Taehyung” both men was taken aback by the answer, well they didn’t see that coming.

“Sorry to say, but Manager Kim is on vacation” Hoseok said after collecting himself.

----

hello guys, i hope you like this story, you can subscribe, that will be a big source of motivation :)