Chapter 2- Inconvenience

TENANT

 

Days had passed and Hoseok really mean it when he said he will be busy for the following days, not sure if it’s because of the end of the month reports or he had trouble handling this Intern he talks about last time. The result? Taehyung tend to skip meals every now and then.

Taehyung don’t know how he ended up in a resto-bar with Jung Hoseok, some of the girls were trying to catch their attentions in which he just didn’t care. Not drinking what is served to them, he ordered a soda and keep on watching as his friend gulp the beer that is now half empty.

Hoseok keeps on complaining about something he didn’t know or he just didn’t listen because his mind was occupied by something. He keeps on watching until his friend cannot finish his now fifth glass of beer.

“Hyung, let’s go home… you can’t even drink that” he said trying to carry the older. Hoseok look at him with those puppy-tired eyes making Taehyung laugh, knowing that his friend have a not so high tolerance in alcoholic drinks, he let him get wasted and suffer from hang over tomorrow.

Hoseok didn’t even move a muscle when Taehyung put him on the passenger seat of his car and drive away, they arrive in Hoseok’s house within fifteen minutes and he carries his hyung inside their huge house where the butlers came to help him.

“Thank you for bringing him home” Jessica Jung, Hoseok’s sister said once the drunk male was set on his own bed. “I’ll tell my driver to bring you home” she added while tucking his brother under the covers.

“Ah, you don’t have to noona, I can go home myself” Jessica smiles at how polite he is, also now that Taehyung can call her noona without stuttering or having second thoughts.

“I know you can, but I won’t let you, it’s almost midnight my dear” she answered while they were walking side to side. When they arrive at the front door, a car is already waiting for Taehyung and he knows that it is better to give up rather than argue with Jessica Jung, besides he’s really tired.

Taehyung ask the driver to drop him in front of the café where he always drop by to buy some bread, he remembers that he haven’t eat dinner up to this moment.

Opening the door, he walk to the counter and buy the usual, have a little chat with the man behind the counter. With a bread and a drink he left the café without knowing that a pair of eyes follows him until the door of the café was close.

“Don’t look too much, he’ll get melt” Kyuhyun the owner/chef of the café said while waving a hand in front of his friend who sits at the corner.

“Hyung! You know him?” Jungkook whines but ask curiously. The way Taehyung talk to the man behind the counter makes him think that they were close friend or somehow similar with that.

“Ohhh, are you interested with him?” Jeong-su, the co-owner of the café asks coming from his post behind the counter. “He is a regular customer here, sometimes I wonder if he knows how to eat rice.” He added while dusting his black apron.

“You mean he always eats bread?” Jungkook cannot help but ask making his senior friends eye him with suspicions.

“What? is it bad to ask?” he added when he felt those pairs of eyes on him.

--------

Jung Hoseok woke up with an unbearable headache next morning, cursing to himself, he tried to stand up but he only fell onto his bed cause of the headache.

“That’s what you get for drinking too much” Jessica nags at him while sliding the curtain to let in the sunlight which cause more headache to her brother.

“You even give Taehyung a hard time carrying and driving you home” she turns to her brother and put his both hands on the side of her waist. She just earned a groan from Hoseok who covers his head with a pillow. “Now suffer for your own consequences” she said once more before leaving the man behind.

When Jessica is out of the room, Hoseok search for his phone and dial Taehyungs number in which he hears the deep voice of the other.

“Taehyung-ah, I can’t even get up this morning! You should stop me last night from drinking too much!” he complains and got more frustrated when he heard a laugh on the other side of the line.

“Are you laughing at me?” He asks in disbelief, burying himself on his bed as much as he can.

“Let me guess, Jessica noona already scolded you?” Taehyung knew this would happen and he prepares for it.

“Yes! By the way, please file a leave for me.” Then he hang up the phone not even wait for the other’s response.

“We are not on the same department! You idiot!” Taehyung said before putting down his phone and continue to work without obeying his hyung.

Taehyung works was interrupted when the door swung open and a certain young man enters his office in a rush “Manager Kim! Do you know where Manager Jung is?” a man with curly brown hair also known as Eugine asks him like his life depends on the answers he was about to say.

“He is at home, suffering from hang-over” Taehyung said truthfully, Eugine’s eyes got wider.

“God! Why now?” He said trying to pull out his hair in which Taehyung found himself comforting the younger.

“Why, what’s the matter? Maybe I can help?” he asks with those eyes never leaves the younger as he tries to stop him from pulling out his hair.

“My ex-girlfriend is outside, she keeps on bothering me so I told her I already had someone new, so now she keeps on asking me for proof and now Hobi Hyung is not here, she’s not gonna believe me.” The man nearly lost his breath while explaining and Taehyung nods in understanding while his lips form a thin lines.

“Why don’t you tell her the truth then?” he ask earning a disapproving look from the other.

“She will keep on bothering me, please help me” he said with pleading eyes wile clasping his hands.

“Okay, calm down first, take a seat here” Taehyung let him seat on the sofa and offer a bottled water for this ‘anxious guess’ which the later took with a thank you. “How can I even help you?” Taehyung asks when he see that Eugine’s a bit calm than before.

“I know it’s a bit crazy, but can you pretend to be Hoseok Hyung?” know Taehyung might had an idea why his hyung was acting like that last time they met in this office.

“What!? I am not similar to him, not an inch in any aspect” he can’t help but exclaimed with the idea which makes the younger look down on his feet. Feeling a bit guilty, Taehyung release a heavy sigh and tried to think of a better way to help the other male.

“I have an idea, come on fix yourself and lets go eat together” Taehyng said dusting his shirt even if there are no dust and remove his eye glasses before grabbing his coat.

The younger watch him and follow what he said, tucking his hair behind his ears and fix his shirt, they walk hand in hand towards the cafeteria and there they saw a girl, probably a university student looking, no not looking but glaring at them as they walk closer. They stop when they were few steps apart and Eugine hides a little bit of his body beside Taehyung.

“Oppa, is this the Jung Hoseok you are talking about?” the girl asks with a pout, glaring intently at Taehyung who didn’t show any sign of expressions, hence look into his eyes directly.

“No. I am Taehyung, Hoseok’s friend” he introduces himself and watch as the girl’s glare turns into a confused look and he felt the man behind him curse.

“I am here because Hoseok hyung told me to take care of his Boyfriend for the day, he fell sick this morning and didn’t make it up to work today” he explains “By the way, we’re here for lunch, do you want to join us?” he added making the girl speechless.

And there they are, in the cafeteria. Eugine, Taehyung and girl silently eating together. “Is that Jung Hoseok really taking a good care of Eugine?” the girl asks Taehyung all of a sudden, she sat there with them eating the food in front of her. The two males answers her with a nod as they continue to stuff food on their mouth so they can’t talk.

“How about you? Are you currently dating someone?” She asks once more making the eldest paused for a moment, he chew his food first before saying a NO. Again with a confuse look the girl’s eyes got bigger than usual.

“Why? You look so handsome and probably smart” the compliment makes Taehyung blush but he just shrug it off.

“I have no time for that” he said before drinking his strawberry milk shake.

Eugine look at the wall clock and tug Taehyung’s sleeves saying lunch break was over so they bid good byes and to their surprise the girl told them that he will not stop until she met the famous Jung Hoseok.

“I guess you should inform Hoseok hyung beforehand.” Taehyung suggested while they wait for the elevator, they share a knowing look before smiling knowing that they put Jung Hoseok in a probably big trouble. Their head snaps towards the elevator the moment heard the doors open and Taehyung accidentally make eye contact to the only person inside it.

“Taehyung hyung, aren’t you getting in?” Eugine’s words cuts the staring contest they have as the man step out of the elevator and Taehyung gets in, their shoulders brush a little in the process. The door closed and they didn’t notice that the man look back at them.

“That’s Jeon Jungkook right?” Eugune mumbles but enough for him to hear.

“Yes, you knew him?” he asks not looking at the other so he didn’t saw how nervousness occupied Eugine’s face.

________

“You did what!?” Jung Hoseok can’t help but to raise a voice after hearing the story from Taehyung the next day.

“Why did you say that? You just spoiled this kid’s idea!” he didn’t know how to react, Hoseok just recover from his hang-over just to face another headache.

Eugine sits silently while sipping a tea, he flinch a little when Hoseok hit the coffee table while Taehyung lift his head.

“Hyung, don’t break the table, and don’t get mad at him, he was just trying to save his life” he jokingly said and in a minute Eugune already makes his way around the sofa and to hide behind Taehyung.

“Who is your best friend here?” Hoseok asks in dismay with wide eyes.

“Well, to be honest, you are both my friends now” he answers before shoo-ing them away saying he had lots of work to do.

“Thank you, Taehyung hyung, and Sorry for the inconvenience!” those were the last words from Eugine before running out of the room.