Chapter 25- Pain

TENANT

 

It’s been a week since Jungkook’s encounter with the Kim brothers, since then Taehyung makes sure to always stay beside Jungkook. He wouldn’t take any risk especially now that his family entered the scene. And when I say he always keeps an eye with him, he went to the extent of sharing a room with him.

“So, your father is making a move again?” Jimin stated while sipping coffee, he sat on his familiar spot at his brother’s café while waiting for Jungkook who took their order.

“Yeah, look Jimin-ah, I know you already have a lot on your plate, just give me a heads up especially when they set a foot back here in Korea.” He said almost in a whisper. “Yeah of course, I’ll do that” He guarantee him. “But, don’t you think you need to discuss this with Jungkook?” Jimin added looking so worried.

“Yeah, I’m waiting for a perfect time to talk to him” he said leaning his back against the back rest of his chair.

“There is no perfect time, Tae… the sooner the better” Jimin tap his friend’s shoulder and diverted his gaze on the counter, unexpectedly, he saw a familiar figure behind Jungkook, and with that he stand up making Taehyung flinch a little, “! ! !... I should go!” and with that Jimin left in a hurry leaving a confused Taehyung behind.

“Where is Jimin?” Jungkook asks once he approach their table with the tray of food and drinks.

“He went out all of the sudden, as if he saw a ghost” Taehyung stated “by the way, I need to tell you something…”

Jungkook have this feeling that a very serious matter will be discussed today, as a matter of fact he is waiting for this since last week because this thing can’t get out of his mind, yes he is more than happy that they were sleeping together, but there is this certain reason behind it. He also felt that Taehyung change a little bit, not for the worst though.

“I have this thing with my biological parents, I… we are not in good terms and I am not proud of it… and I don’t want to drag you in our family drama… but if my father would go after you, I would not like it very much.” He said followed by a heavy sigh, by the look into his eyes you can say that he is somewhat nervous and mad at the same time.

“Taehyung, I am sorry that you have to open this up to me, I know it’s not easy and I honestly don’t know what to say about this” Jungkook said very slowly, like he is trying to figure out every word that can possibly work for this conversation.

“Look, I want you to know that, if my family goes after you, it won’t be easy… so I want you to think this clearly, being with me will bring danger to you…” Taehyung’s voice laced with worry and fear, so much emotions and Jungkook would lie if he said he didn’t feel this too.

“Hey, wait… what exactly are you trying to say?” fear, fear it is that overcomes Jungkook’s emotion, not fear for what might the Kim’s family do to him, but fear that Taehyung might leave him.

“I don’t want to, but I have to do this, I hope you understand…” Taehyung tries to keep a straight face, his voice wavered and his eyes starts to build its tears but he needs to hold them up. “let’s break up”

Jungkook lost his mind for a moment, he don’t know what to do as if his whole world falls apart, and this is not a dream, this is a nightmare that he wants to disappear.

“What did you say?” are the only words that came out of his lips.

Taehyung diverted his sight, looking on everything except the man in front of him. He cannot bear it, he cannot see those eyes that starts to build up tears, tears that he caused. Taehyung didn’t think this through, but he thought that this is the best way to save the younger.

“You are kidding me right? Tae, this is not funny, you should not say words like that” he reached out to the other man’s hand and hold them tightly.

“I’m sorry kook, but it has to be this way” Taehyung pulled out his hands and stand up slowly, looking at him for the last time before leaving the café.

-----

“Where is Taehyung?” Hoseok asks that day when the group was expected to have a lunch together, but instead of five, there are only four person present.

“I heard he filed a leave for today, must be something important” Jimin answered while scrolling to his phone.

“Really, I thought Jungkook is the most important thing for him?” Hoseok’s comment makes the other man sigh, but he did not say anything.

“What is wrong with them?” Eugine asks when he felt the awkwardness.

“Trust me, I don’t know” Hoseok whispers into his ears.

“Kook, something wrong?” Jimin asks feeling worried.

“I don’t know, he just… broke up with me, and now he didn’t answer my calls” everyone fell silent and their eyes were bigger and mouth’s wider in shock.

“I beg your pardon?” Eugine asks after collecting himself.

“You heard me right” Jungkook said with those lifeless eyes and cold voice.

“When was this happened?” it was Jimin who asks.

“Three days ago”

The day is rough, they were all affected by the fact that Taehyung didn’t come to work and his break up with Jungkook. Why not? They both were the most unbothered couple in the company, well at least that’s what they know.

The night after the break up, Taehyung didn’t come home, he didn’t show up to Jungkook’s unit up until now, Jungkook is not dumb, he knew the other man was avoiding him, and he knows why, but the pain is still there and its getting more painful every moment passing by, what more worst is that his unit reminds him of Taehyung, there are times where Jungkook found himself crying alone in the living room, or cried himself to sleep on the bed where Taehyung used to.

Jimin phone rung and when he saw the caller id, he didn’t hesitate to answer it. “Are you crazy?! What the hell do you think you’re doing!?” he just got home from work and about to take a shower.

“Jimin ah, I’m sorry, I just don’t have time to talk to you about it...” the voice on the other line was cut when Jimin talk suddenly “You got to be kidding me! Really? Beak up? Is that your best move!?” Taehyung release a heavy sigh. “How is he doing?” he asked after a moment. “Oh, Jungkook? He’s in terrible condition. You really broke him hard you jerk!” Jimin hissed at him making Taehyung feel worst at the moment. “and what’s with the indefinite leave? You broke him and avoided him? Wow! What a man…” he added.

A moment of silence for the both of them and Jimin shook his head when he heard Taehyung’s voice wavered “You know, I don’t really have a choice, I can’t see him like that. I am afraid Chim, I can’t take a risk, not with him” he said as he could not restrain his tears. This time, Jimin was the one who let out a heavy sigh. “How are you doing?” he asked as the adrenaline wears off.

Jimin knew all off this has a reason, but he didn’t think that Taehyung decided to take this step. For a moment he thought that his friend is stupid and martyr, but what if he is on his shoes? He would definitely choose to do something else.

“listen, I am preparing for the worst thing, I am running some errands, I still need to protect Jungkook, the break up must not enough to stop my father.” Taehyung said with his usual voice. “just please, help me look after Jungkook?” he asks like his life depends on it.

“I will, I promised you that several times now. Just please, hurry up and talk to him… the kid looks lifeless now a days” Jimin stated rubbing his forehead. “I figured out something Chim, Dad has a man inside eco harvest” Taehyung stated. “And who the hell it is?” Jimin ask in disbelief. “That’s what we’re going find out, I’m on my way back” he said before saying their good byes.

-------

Soohyun was sitting in their living room, with a phone pressed against his ear and a smile slowly made its way into his lips. “He did that? Oh poor little one” he stated and the man on the other line said something. “The break up must be some kind of façade, well even if it is true, he cannot deny the fact that he loves this man.” A little pause and then he added “Why don’t you try them, play a little trick to this Jeon Jungkook and I’m sure Taehyung will show up.” And with that, he ended the call.

“What are you planning my dear?” Taehee emerge from somewhere and place a quick kiss on her husband’s lips. “Nothing that will bring harm to our son” he answered then left a kiss on his wife’s cheeks before going to work.

Once Taehee makes sure his husband is out, he pulled out her phone and dialed a certain number, when someone picked up the line she told him what she heard about the conversation.

“if they hurt that kid, my son will be in pain too, and the last thing we want is trouble. So please, take care of it”