Chapter 8- Let’s Go Out

TENANT
 
Taehyung did not expect what happens next. The moment he come home, he figured out something strange. The door wasn’t lock, the windows were broken, and the inside of his rundown apartment becomes a mess, but what made Taehyung frustrated and furious at the same time, is the fact that the plants behind the apartment were ruined. It is a small garden where he and his grandmother spend most of their time together before she dies, and now is a total wreck, like no sign of life in there.
Taehyung felt his legs like jelly, slowly he sat down on the floor and tears start to build in his eyes, the first thing he must do is to call the police but when he took his phone out of his pocket, it rings and the caller ID states Jeon Jung Kook.
“Hello” Jungkook tiredness fades away as he heard the voice on the other line.
“Tae Hyung-ssi, are you crying?” he asks running towards the door of his unit, grabbing his coat and keys.
Jungkook hands shake while driving, and the rain did not help at all. The moment he reach Taehyung’s apartment there were police car outside and he felt his heart sunk when Taehyung look at him with those puffy-red eyes.
“Are you hurt?” were the first words came out of his lips. He felt a little bit relieve when the older male shook his head sideward.
“What happened here?” He asks again removing is coat to lend it to Taehyung.
“I don’t know, it’s already a mess when I came home.”
“Excuse me Mr. Kim, you should look for a place to stay for the main-time. I don’t think you are safe here.” One of the policemen said.
“It’s okay, you can stay at my unit. And I won’t take NO for an answer.” Jungkook said making Taehyung loss of words, he was about to call Hoseok but he is tired enough. Not to mention an argument with Jungkook too.
That night Taehyung slept in the other room. But there is another problem, Taehyung can’t sleep alone if it wasn’t his own bed. Nightmares keep on coming and he begun to grow anxious too.
Next morning, thank God it’s Sunday, no work for today but Taehyung found himself eating breakfast together with Jungkook.
“Most of your clothes were drenched in rain last night, I think we should go shopping?” Jungkook muttered before taking a bite.
“Ahm, I think I am too much of a burden? I guess I’ll ask Hoseok hyung to help me with that” Taehyung already felt guilty for barging in someone’s home, what so if he takes this man’s supposedly ‘day-off’ too.
“What? No, I’ll help you, besides I also want to buy some things.” Jungkook made up his mind and he is not giving up. There is no way he let Jung Hoseok do the honor.
“And maybe Hoseok is on a date with Eugine.” the statement makes Taehyung choke from his drink.
Ah, yes, they told everyone yesterday that they were dating.
“How come you didn’t know that Somi and Eugine used to go out?” Taehyung asks curiously.
“To be honest, I never allowed my sister to date anyone as long as she haven’t graduated in university. So she do it secretly, and tell me when the relationship comes to an end.” With a sigh Jungkook rub his forehead remembering how stubborn his younger sister is.
Taehyung smile at the gesture, “but I knew Eugine, he used to be my neighbor and I am a close friend of his brother.” He added.
“I see…” is all Taehyung can say then continue eating his meal.
“How about you and Hoseok-ssi?” Jungkook suddenly asks.
“Oh, I used to work under Hoseok hyung in the accounting department but the marketing department were short on staffs so Manager Lee Sungmin burrowed me for a while, but last year I got promoted as junior manager so I stayed in marketing department. Hobi-hyung is a social butterfly, he easily make friends.”
“I see, that is why you too were close.”
 
Eugine groans when he hear the nonstop ringing of his door bell. Its nine o’clock in the morning but its Sunday so he want to get more sleep than usual. With a heavy steps he walk towards the door and open it without knowing who the person is outside.
“What do you want?” he asked in an irritated way.
“Oh, Good morning to you too” Hoseok laugh at the sight, for a moment Eugine forget something.
“Do you always greet people half- in the morning?” Hoseok added while checking the younger’s lean body, when he saw Eugine’s face turns red he decided to some more.
“So, you will just let me stand here? Where are your manners?” with a shake of his head, the younger decided to move aside and let the unwanted visitor enter his home during his precious day off.
“So, what brings you here?” he asks again while disappearing in one of the room just to return fully clothed, which earns a pout from Hoseok.
“I’m bored, let’s go out” Eugine stop on his way to the counter.
“I’m not sure if I heard you correctly, can you say it again?” he asks so amused.
“I said lets go out” he repeated as he sat down on the sofa.
Eugine can’t help but think what’s going on? What does Jung Hoseok mean when he said that? Is he planning something? Or playing with him?
“Where are we going?” Eugine find himself sitting inside his hyung’s car and guess what? He is the one driving the car while the almighty Jung Hoseok seats so comfortable beside him.
“You choose where we go.” He answered putting his sunglasses on.
“Seriously?” he asks shifting his gaze from the road to the man beside him.
“Did you ask me to go with you so I can drive you around and be your tour guide?” he asked sarcastically this time.
“Yep”
Eugine can’t believe that he is wasting his day off like this. “Okay, there is one place I really want to go anyway.” He said smiling.
Hoseok can feel his blood run cold when he figure out where they were going. They are now standing in front of a roller coaster, one of the most terrifying places in the world as long as his concerned.
“Hyung, I want to ride this one” Hoseok want to ask the Gods how did this young and fragile kid have the courage to ride a roller coaster?
“A-are you sure you want to ride that thing?” Hoseok can’t help but stutter.
“Yes! Why is Hyung scared?” Eugine’s eyes filled with excitement and things are becoming more fun when he saw how pale Hoseok was.
“I am not, I just feel like it’s not that safe?” he said trying to avoid eye contact, that’s how he missed the mischievous smile Eugine have.
“Ow, come on! You watched too much movies hyung. Let’s go!” the younger literally drags him into the ticket booth and hurried near the entrance so they can ride with the next batch.
“Ah, Eugine I think this is a bad idea?” Hoseok is contemplating he really doesn’t want to ride it.
“What? You want to back off? Okay, I’ll ride it alone then” with a puppy eyes and pouty mouth? Really? This is how he fell for the trap.
“Okay, I’ll go with you, stop making that face.” Hoseok did not know how, when or where did he get the courage to ride the said roller coaster, but little did he know that was not the end, Eugine also wants to try other rides and that’s how Hoseok sat up there yelling profanities on the top of his lungs while feeling his heart went up to his throat. For the first time he regrets his decisions.
Hoseok was taking a break after he felt his legs like jelly and throw up for the nth time, he was sitting on a bench when Eugine came up to him and handed a bottled water.
“Hyung, are you alright?” he asks Hoseok who just glares at him.
“Don’t you ever dare of telling anyone about this” he accept the bottled water and gulp half of it.
Eugine nods and take a seat beside him, “don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone.”
“How can you be fine after all those life-threatening rides?” Hoseok can’t help but ask, he’s still dizzy so he just look up in the sky and close his eyes.
“I don’t know, probably because I really want to go in an amusement park?” Eugine smile genuinely while watching his hyung.
“What are you? A kid?” Hoseok muttered feeling a little bit relaxed this time even though there are droplets of sweat dripping from his soft and flawless skin.
“I never went to an amusement park as a kid” he answered pulling a handkerchief and proceed to wipe Hoseok’s sweat.
The said male open his eyes and look at him flabbergasted, none the less, he let Eugine do whatever he is doing.

 

 

 

-----------

hello, here is an update for you, because... why not? 

i hope you like where this is going <3

don't forget to leave comments, i absolutely like to hear your thoughts about this story

and in case no one told you, you are beautiful and i love you all :)