Chapter 22- Marriage Contract

TENANT

 

To say Jimin is anxious was an understatement, they sail back to the city and for the whole time he was searching for anyone that raise his suspicion, but he found no one. When he arrive at his mansion he felt a little bit relieved, letting his body relax a bit, but some thoughts still messing his mind. He decided to stay at home for the whole day. Afraid of the feeling that he was being watch whenever he leaves his home. “At least, I am safe here” he murmurs to himself. With the silence he just close his eyes and his memory lane starts to run flashbacks on its own.

Two years ago, when he was in China for some visits, his girlfriend’s brother recruited him to a group and gave him a task, it is to hack a system and to retrieve a certain file, he was happy and proud of himself because he was the only one who has the ability and knowledge to do it. But it was a mistake, the file was something so confidential, and will bring him trouble. He was hesitant and was about to back out when he figured out it wasn’t theirs to start with, they used him to get a file from someone and they all lied to him.

When they saw how Jimin works, they held him captive, he became a prisoner in this group who do illegal things. He lost his freedom completely when they never allow him to leave their quarters, he didn’t have any chance to see his girlfriend too. Then it started to strike back, One by one, his comrades went missing, then their body’s shows up somewhere--signs of torture were the only thing that certain. No one knows how they were kept, or who did it. For the first time in his life he felt fear, especially when their quarters was busted and he was taken away. The next day he woke up not knowing what happened, just him alone in an empty room, just him and a huge bed.

Jimin still remember how he purposely injured himself so his captor will bring him out of that place, and surprisingly, it worked. He then take the only chance he had to escape from the Hospital.

From china he manage to travel, country by country, then other continents until he thought it was safe for him to go back home. Jimin knew that he might be the only one left from that group and probably the last one on their list. For once he regrets what he’d done, but then he is sure that if he didn’t obey them, they would just kill him on the spot.

A knock on the door takes him back to the present, it was his brother with an envelope in his hand. Jimin’s eyes went bigger and with shaky voice he asks “What is it hyung?” Jeong-su looked at him and hand him the said envelope. “Care to explain?” he said sounding so disappointed.

Jimin’s hand were sweaty and shaky, slowly he opened the envelope and he saw a document—a marriage certificate to be specific. His nervousness vanishes in the thin air.

“What is this?” Jimin asks in confusion. Trying to read the letters on it.

“When is it? Is the question for me” Jeong-su elaborated, crossing his arms on his chest.

“Where did it came from?” Jimin asks again.

“Las Vegas, did you get drunk and get married? Without inviting me?” his brother asks in disbelief.

“Look, hyung I’m not... Or I might be? I don’t remember. Anyways is this Min Yoongi? Isn’t this a male’s name?” he squint his eyes to read the information carefully.

“Look, this is a male’s name, I am not the type of person who will marry a man. This might be a mistake, maybe they were referring to other Park Jimin, you know my name is common, and there are girls who has the same name as me!” Jimin defended himself. He has a point and Jeong-su knew it too.

“Let’s send this back to the post office, someone might be waiting for this document” Jeong-su stated taking the envelope again.

-------------

Everything went back to normal, they work in their offices and every one was busy again, when the lunch time comes the same group of people on their usual spots, then work again until six in the evening.

Jungkook drives carefully while listening to Taehyung’s deep-beautiful voice humming, both of them new they belong to each other now, and they were both happy with this. When they come back from the company island two days ago they found a note from Somi stating that she went home. The unit was theirs and Taehyung insists to sleep on the guest room again. Jungkook didn’t like the idea but he knew the other man needs privacy so he didn’t complain.

It is now past eight in the evening, they both done with shower and dinner, Jungkook sat down on the couch watching television when Taehyung sat beside him, putting his head on Jungkook’s shoulder which the younger put an arm around him.

“You smell like strawberry” Jungkook mumbled sniffing Taehyung’s slightly dump hair.

“You like it?” his deep voice always send shivers down Jungkook’s spine

“I love it” he answered and he heard a giggle.

“Will you sleep with me tonight?” the younger asks as he watch Taehyung shift from sitting to laying on his back, using his thighs as pillow.

“Sleep?” Taehyung teases him with a mischievous smile.

“C’mon, I promise just cuddles, I won’t do it” the smile on his face shows otherwise.

“Jeon Jungkook I just recover from what happened, my back is killing me for days, I’m telling you” Taehyung said half warning and half teasing.

“Aw, I’m sorry… but that’s normal because it was your first, it won’t hurt the second time” he said

“You sound so professional huh!” Taehyung pinch his nose in which Jungkook smiles like a bunny.

“Makes me wonder, how many times did you do that before me?” Jungkook just smile and didn’t answer, more like pretending he didn’t hear the question.

“Yah, Jungkook, I am asking you” Taehyung playfully waved is hand in front of the younger’s face.

“You don’t have to know” Jungkook said smiling.

“I want to know” he said and went back to sitting beside the younger and look him in the eyes.

Jungkook bit his lower lip “try to guess?” he said, “Five?” The elder asks jungkook smile again then shake his head as a no. “Ten?” Taehyung guess again. Still no… “Twenty?” Taehyung’s eyes were bigger Jungkook still said no. “Oh my God, thirty? Forty? Fifty?” he asks now Jungkook was the one with a bigger eye. “Hey! What do you think of me?” he said flicking the other man’s forehead.

“Aw!” Taehyung rub the spot and Jungkook laugh “I won’t tell” he said before stealing a kiss from his lips.

“Then we won’t sleep together, no cuddling’s too” Jungkook was horrified when Taehyung stood up and enters his room.

Taehyung went directly to bed, he was just teasing the younger and he felt a sense of accomplishments when he saw how terrified the younger was. He tucked himself and smile, he really didn’t care about those things because he knew he was already caught in this relationship and there is no turning back.

Jungkook knocks on the door instead of Taehyung answering the door, he roll on his side and pretended to sleep. He heard the door opened, some steps and he felt that someone sat on the bed.

“Are you mad? I knew you’re awake” Jungkook sounds sad but he keep up his little play and continue to pretend.

“Don’t be mad please?” He felt Jungkook laid beside him. “I’ve done that a couple of times, when I got so drunk, mostly one night stands… but yours is different” he said truthfully, now Taehyung felt bad, because he felt that this man was pushing himself to say the things he didn’t want to. “I was…” Jungkook’s words were cut-off when he turns to face him, at the same time, Taehyung was surprise to see those tears that starts to build up the younger’s eyes.

“Oh no, no, no don’t cry” Taehyung sat up don’t know what to do. “I’m sorry, I was just teasing you, that’s okay if you don’t want to talk about it” he added leaning down and cupping the younger’s face. Jugkook sat up and they are now facing each other, his tears now making their ways down his cheeks.

“I was just worried that you might find me… disgusting” Jungkook mumbles and Taehyung felt his heart sunk. He wiped those tears away using his thumb then pull him in an embrace.

“I won’t, and I am so sorry kookie-ah” he hug him tighter and slowly rock their bodies’ side-to-side, “Please don’t cry… I really don’t care about those things, I was just kidding” he comforted him.

For how long they stayed like that? Taehyung didn’t know. They were so quiet that he didn’t realize Jungkook was already asleep. He laid their bodies on the bed and place a kiss on the top of his head before he went to dreamland.

----

It is raining since morning, everyone’s rushing, the side of the road was covered with people holding up their umbrellas, and there is Jimin who watches them from the window, it is their break time and he decided to get a coffee so instead of going to the cafeteria he went to Starbucks, with a caramel macchiato he sat on a high chair by the window. Unlike those people outside, he wasn’t busy. He was dozing off when his phone rings, fishing it up from his coat, he saw unfamiliar number so he didn’t answer it.

His phone notification went on and the number who’s calling send him an attachment, he frown and as soon as he opened it, he grew anxious because the attachment is a picture of him. The creepy part is that it was taken probably a minute ago, while he was dozing off. Jimin stand up and runs through the door trying to figure out which angle it was taken. He look from side-to-side but he saw no one, he figure it out, the person who took the picture is probably inside a car but there are lots of cars out there. Jimin dialed the number and after few rings someone on the other line picks up.

“Yah! Who are you?! This is ing creepy! Show yourself!” his voice is low but alarming as the words come out of his greeted teeth. He heard a small laugh from the other line before it hung up. Jimin’s grip on his phone tighten and he was now mad. He looks once more to his surroundings before he decided to go back to his office.

“Jimin-ah, Hyukjae Hyung was looking for you.” Hoseok went to his office to relay the message, he is with Taehyung and they drop by on their way back to their office.

“Me? Why though?” pushing his irritation aside, he welcomed the two gentlemen and offered them a seat.

“You woke up on the bad side of the bed?” Taehyung asks when he kept quiet all the time.

“It’s not like that, something creepy happened-” Jimin was about to tell them about the picture when the door opened and Hyukjae enters the room followed by Donghae.

Everyone stands up and greet them then followed by silence, “Sorry to interrupt your busy day, but we actually have to introduce someone” he paused then look at Jimin, “he is an investor, entrepreneur and a business man. He owns some restaurants who needs organic ingredients and he choose our company to be their supplier. I want to ask your help, jimin-ah, kindly register him and his finger prints in our biometrics system so he can visit here anytime.” Jimin just nod “gentlemen, please welcome Mr. Min Yoongi”

A man enters the room, he has this white skin, probably five foot eight inches in height, black wavy hair that his fringe falls almost covered his eyes, he wears black tailored suit, everyone in the room can feel his authoritative vibe and he is giving some chills with those cold-sharp eyes.

“Good afternoon everyone, I am Min Yoongi, Nice to meet you” he stated, his voice is calm though. He look at them and for the first time he smirk when he met Jimin’s glaring eyes.

Taehyung and Hoseok already felt the tension, but they just keep quiet, they saw how Jimin’s hand clenched on his sides.

“I’ll take care of it, you can leave him here” Jimin said with a cold voice, even though Taehyung knew something’s strange, he and Hoseok left the room followed by Hyukjae and Donghae.

“Will they be fine?” Hoseok asks Taehyung once they separated ways with the other two.

“I Don’t know” he answered.

 

~~~~~~~~~

Hello! how are you guys? first, i apologize for being inactive for a long time. you see life of a dialysis patient is not that easy haha.. i hope you still read my unscheduled updates from now on.. second, i also hope and pray that everyone is in good health and please keep safe always.. i love you all 

-Hiltzailea