Chapter 28- They’re Brothers

TENANT

 

 

Another month has passed without any news or even a word from Taehyung, Jungkook felt like he is a living dead, the cycle of his day composed of work-home and sometimes his friends drags him to drink but they never visit the clubs again. Most of the time he was pacing out, he even lost some weight, and it bothers his friends. Some nights, Jimin, Hoseok and Eugine crashes on his unit to prevent him from missing the man too much.

“What time is it?” Jimin asks as he crack opens an eye, they all fall asleep while watching some movies. He saw Hoseok and Eugine were cuddling beside him and Jungkook in the balcony with a cigarette between his lips. He reached for his phone and saw the time, its midnight.

“Can’t sleep?” Jimin decided to join the younger man, he look at him and shows a bitter smile that makes Jimin’s heart feels pain.

“Okay, let it out kook” he said patting the man’s shoulder, and there are the tears that starts to fall from the younger’s eyes. “Hyung, it still hurts…how can he do that? He didn’t even let me talk, he didn’t even look back. Not even a single word. He came to my life, make me happy, make me complete just to break me into a smaller pieces. It hurts hyung… it really hurts.” He said in a low yet miserable voice.

“Kook, you know Taehyung has his reasons…” Jimin runs his hand on his back. “And I wish he explained them very well!” He hissed.

“Look, Taehyung’s family is a bit lunatic, they will do whatever it takes to get what they want. And he didn’t want you to be their target, God knows what they might do to you” Jimin tries his best to explain but Jungkook look him in the eye, still tears making their way down to his face. “I rather face them than endure this immeasurable pain right now.” A moment of silence for them, Jimin don’t know what to do or say in this situation. “You know what? I’m done with this, this!” Jungkook said whipping his tears and shook his head. “This will be the last time I will shed tears because of him. He didn’t save me, he just broke me” with that Jungkook left him alone in the balcony.

Jimin stands there shaking in fear as he look at his phone, “See what you’ve done? You better come back you jerk!” he said before ending the call.

Since then Jungkook becomes cold, the changes in attitude makes them a bit happy and worried at the same time. He focus on his work most of the time, he still go out with them but he tend to drink more, go to gym and starts to do boxing. In a matter of time, he grew up so fast.

----

Yoongi opens the door and saw Jimin standing there, he enters the house and look at him. “What brings you here, love?” he asked while he let his visitor seat on the sofa. “I need your help” Jimin admitted handling him a folder. Yoongi sat beside him and took the said folder, he browse through the documents and the pictures that attached to it.

“Kim Taehyung? Is this your friend?” Yoongi asks eyeing the picture. “I think I saw him somewhere” he added. “Of course, you met when you first visit my office” Jimin commented sassily, “And they were with you at the island” Yoongi added “But I saw him a couple of days actually” Jimin’s eyes grew wider and his mouth hung open. “What do you mean a couple of days?” he mumbled making Yoongi smile.

“Don’t smile like that! Tell me where did you saw him?” Jimin move closer and hold Yoongi’s arm “tell me, you are not kidding!” he said making Yoongi look so amused, this is the first time that the younger initiate skin-ship, and he wouldn’t let it pass. He placed a quick kissed on those pouty lips and Jimin suddenly froze, letting the reality sink in his brain.

“I saw him at the supermarket, I think last week?” Yoongi stated making him blink. “Which supermarket?” he manage to make some space between them in which he earned a smirk from the other man. “Why moving away? Come close, I like it that way” he teases the younger who turns his face away but can’t hide his embarrassment. “erm, you are serious about this?” Jimin asks wanting to go back to their main topic. “I am certain, love” he said looking back at the documents.

Jimin didn’t know how long he stayed with Yoongi, discussing somethings and throwing questions here and there, he still felt in danger but he kept in mind that if this person really wants to kill him, he’d done it the first time they met. Yoongi on the other hand, just sit back and relax, amused how this man master bravery when it comes for finding his friend. This kid used to be frightened and stiff every time he is around, well maybe he traumatized him before with his creepy way of announcing his presence. He never thought that one day, Jimin will go willingly in this house, no drugs, not drunk nor forced.

“Why are you helping me?” Jimin ask suddenly making Yoongi question himself too. “Maybe because I want you to be indebted to me?” He answered while waving his hand in the air. “I know you want something in return, so what is it?” he asks again. “Nothing, as of now I can’t think of what I want. Let’s just say you owe me this” Yoongi smiled at him again.

Jimin bid his goodbye and decided to visit Jungkook on his way home. The elevator arrived and it surprise him to see Jungkook, only then it occur to him that Yoongi and Jungkook lived in the same building, just different floors. The younger posted a questioning look on his face and Jimin just don’t know what to say. “What are you doing here?” Jungkook voiced out his thoughts and Jimin just say, “I was going to visit you but I came out in a different floor…by mistake…” Jungkook raised a brow showing him disbelief before saying “are you an idiot?” and Jimin is now contemplating between kicking or hitting him.

When they both arrive on the floor where Jungkook lives, they both went out, on the hallway while waiting for the Younger to enter his passcode, the door next to his unit opened which caught their attention both looking shocked when they saw who came out.

----

Seokjin went out to buy groceries since he moved in an apartment nearby, he picked some packed noodles, ramen and fresh veggies, he also picked some strawberries and banana, he even grab a sack of rise grains. “You know I can see you right?” Jin stated while reading the nutrition facts of caned drink. The man over the shelf just smile and shamelessly stares at him. “what do you want?” he asked again this time the man walk towards him and offered a hand. “Hi, I’m Namjoon” he introduced himself smiling and showing those cute dimples of him. “I didn’t have time to introduce myself last time” he added still looking at him.

Jin usually get this kind of attention, especially with a pretty face, lots of men and women tries to hit on him and he got used to it, but this man if front of him has this intimidating and authoritative aura. Now that Jin got a full view of this man’s face, he could not help but to keep his eyes on him.

“The last time, you mean, when you were hitting that young man in the club’s alley?” he said after he collected himself. “Well, I’m sorry, I was just teaching him a lesson” Namjoon defended. “I have no time to talk to you, so please leave me alone” Jin stated looking at his rolex before attempting to leave the man behind. “Wait, maybe you can tell me your name?” Namjoon managed to stop him by standing on his way. “And why would I do that?” Jin raised a brow, “Couse I tell you mine” Jin just shook his head and sigh “You know, I really need to go.” Jin turns around, back to his cart and leave a completely unsatisfied Namjoon.

Jin thought that was the last time he will saw this man, ‘he is cute’ he admitted to himself while walking and carrying some bags on his hands, he walk back to his apartment building and waited for the elevator to arrive. The doors were about to close when a familiar figure manage to skipped the space between the doors.

“What a small world” Namjoon whisper to him with a smile, “Are you following me?” Jin hissed at him in low voice, trying not to disturb other people. “No, must be destiny?” the answer made him cringe. “Those looks heavy, let me help you” Namjoon didn’t waste time to grab some of the bags from him. The elevator ding’s and Jin stepped out followed by Namjoon.

Jin was about to enter his code when he saw Namjoon was looking, the other man smile again then diverted his eyes somewhere. Namjoon waited for the invitation to come in but he didn’t get any, at least he receives a ‘thank you’.

“You’re welcome…” Namjoon trail his words while they were both standing in the hallway.

“Jin, the name is Jin” he said in defeat, Namjoon shows those dimples again and Jin felt his hear skipped a beat.

“Okay Jin, see you around” Namjoon said before entering the room across his. And that’s how Jin though that his stay here will be somewhat interesting.

“You are in a good mood, something good happened?” Yoongi asks once he sat on the couch, the new comer has this smile posted on his face.

“The guy I saw before, the one I told you…” Namjoon started “the one you’re stalking?” Yoongi interrupted him followed by a laugh.

“Yeah, coming from the most creepy stalker of all time” he paused and rolls his eyes “I saw him today, I talked to him and I know his name, what’s more interesting is that he lives across the hallway” he finished his sentences with a proud look.

“Good, and my wife pays me a visit, he just left few moments ago” Yoongi said all proud too.

“Really?” Namjoon looks at him with disbelief.

“yeah, and he was looking for this guy” he said sliding the folder on the table in which Namjoon opened curiously. His eyes landed on a picture and he suddenly lost his words.

“Hyung… this is…” his words were incomplete.

“Yes, your crush is Kim Taehyung’s older brother.

 

-----

hello everyone! I am still alive >u<